Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E flow Extortion racket

Options
  • 23-09-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Fines too high
    If one forgets to pay
    Rolls over then and out of control
    Legal backing for this scam

Distinction must be made between genuine oversight or unfamiliarity and reckless use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Mattir wrote: »
    Fines too high
    If one forgets to pay

Distinction must be made between genuine oversight or unfamiliarity and reckless use.

They will accept a genuine mistake, it’s the chancers who think they can use the toll without playing that they really go after and so they should, if you use the toll then you pay for it before 8pm the next day, if you forget then that’s your problem not theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Fines too high
    If one forgets to pay

Paying €6 instead of €3 for forgetting isn't that bad, or do you mean ignoring the first bill and having more than one memory lapse until the debt collectors start writing?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Get a tag and a direct debit. If I was using that frequently without a tag, I wouldn't trust myself not to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Having only just paid the fine for not one but two missed payments I tend to agree, however at €3 for the initial penalty it isn't much more than the cost of sending out the letter etc. (not sure if they pay €1 postage or not).

Whatever about forgetting to pay it initially there is no real excuse for not paying it as soon as the letter comes in.

If I was to use it more often I would get an account and avoid the issue, but I only cross the M50 a few times a year in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Having only just paid the fine for not one but two missed payments I tend to agree, however at €3 for the initial penalty it isn't much more than the cost of sending out the letter etc. (not sure if they pay €1 postage or not).

Whatever about forgetting to pay it initially there is no real excuse for not paying it as soon as the letter comes in.

If I was to use it more often I would get an account and avoid the issue, but I only cross the M50 a few times a year in my car.

Get a video account, only pay if you use it and comes off your debit/credit card at end of month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I think it's worth every penny to get out of Dublin!
    OHHHHH HE DIDN'T LIKE THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE THAT :-)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I think it's worth every penny to get out of Dublin!
    OHHHHH HE DIDN'T LIKE THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE THAT :-)))

Should charge double on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Get a video account, only pay if you use it and comes off your debit/credit card at end of month
    This^^^ There's no maintenance fee as there is with tags, so if you don't use it it doesn't cost you a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Alun wrote: »
    This^^^ There's no maintenance fee as there is with tags, so if you don't use it it doesn't cost you a cent.

And you get 50c off the toll. Win win!

It's a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Fines too high
    If one forgets to pay

A genuine oversight will be reminded to you by the first letter, pay it or phone up with a valid genuine reason and its all done and over with.
    Choose to ignore the subsequent fines and letters then be it on your own head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Paying €6 instead of €3 for forgetting isn't that bad, or do you mean ignoring the first bill and having more than one memory lapse until the debt collectors start writing?

In most cases, when the letter arrives, just set up a tag account with them over the phone and the fines get waived

It's hard to have any sympathy for someone who ignores the letters and then cries about the fines stacking up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Mattir wrote:
    Fines too high If one forgets to pay Rolls over then and out of control Legal backing for this scam

Register with eflow. There is no standing charge. You only pay when you use it. It's 50c cheaper. You will never be fined.

I honestly don't understand how anyone gets fined

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It’s nothing but extortion.

The missus took my car last December. Went through toll twice. We moved house in the meantime. 6 months later post is redirected to my house, solicitors letter and bill of €600.

Immediately ring eFlow who tell me it’s out of their hands. Ring the scam artists who call themselves solicitors. Pay €600 or we’ll send the bailiffs.

Grand so, send them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How is it eflows fault your wife forgot to pay the toll and you moved house , not collecting your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Some people change the ownership of the car and the fine disappears... heared this from a friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How is it eflows fault your wife forgot to pay the toll and you moved house , not collecting your post?

Hands up. The toll was totally forgotten. It was Christmas time. The car was then sold in January. Legitimately forgot, should I be punished for €600?

I got zero warning letters. The first I heard was a registered letter and a massive fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Two threads in two different fora. It’s not a scam. Why do so many cry scam when it’s their own stupidity to blame? Always someone else’s fault!

There are about 30 signs going through the toll on the ground, gantry and side of the road. They give 8pm the following evening and issue the first letters as a reminder about a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as it’s a duplicate of a thread in Commuting & Transport.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement