Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of public transport for Cork City Centre

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

no they aren't
    Yes they are. Union protected to the detriment of the public.
    And I don’t care if you accept it or not; but factually they have been protected in the past and it’ll continue into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Yes they are. Union protected to the detriment of the public.
    And I don’t care if you accept it or not; but factually they have been protected in the past and it’ll continue into the future.

the union can't protect anyone. your "facts" are not correct.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Public transport fares annual review going up from 1st December. For Cork that means standard bus fare going up from €2.30 to €2.40 for cash, a 10c increase. Leap Card going from €1.61 to €1.68, a 7c rise.

I know its only 7c, but how can they justify a price increase when the service is still shocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I know its only 7c, but how can they justify a price increase when the service is still shocking?

May be shocking but total passenger numbers are up over the last few years to c.13m journeys annually on Cork city bus services alone. In fairness the €1.61 Leap fare has been frozen for a few years and when you factor in inflation, leaving the fares untouched is actually a fare decrease in inflationary terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

the union can't protect anyone. your "facts" are not correct.
    And this is why the system is screwed; always some ready to defend them.
    If you wish to turn the blind eye to facts, up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

namloc1980 wrote: »
    May be shocking but total passenger numbers are up over the last few years to c.13m journeys annually on Cork city bus services alone. In fairness the €1.61 Leap fare has been frozen for a few years and when you factor in inflation, leaving the fares untouched is actually a fare decrease in inflationary terms.

That's fine, but we still don't have a system in place for connecting buses. If I get two buses, one after the other, I pay two separate fares. Why can't they introduce a flat fare e.g. €2, that lasts 60 or 90 mins, as many buses as you like? And this then introduces cashless fares, with Leap readers at the right hand side of the driver, so much faster loading times and less time spent talking and giving change.

Advertisement