Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree id

Options
  • 23-09-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can someone tell me what this tree is?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's going to annoy me, because I know I've seen that plant (and its name) before, but I just can't remember it. It looks a bit like a variety of sorbus, but the leaves don't tally. It also reminds me of wintergreen, but the plant is too big and the leaves too long to be that. Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

First gut feeling guess is Cotoneaster cornubia, but will look it up when I get a chance later.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Spot on.

Cotoneaster_cornubia2__43673.1472052652.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Thanks for your help.

Keep em coming, its 20 years since I seriously knew this stuff and its good to give the old grey cells a bit of exercise every now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement