Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groves v Smith

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Groves looked bothered whenever he was clipped clean but he always came across a little chinny anyway and kind of over reacts to punches landed on him. Saying that I had him up by at least two rounds on my card simply because he was more active and Smith was picking a shot or two at a time whereas Groves was using the jab, putting in more volume and setting the pace. Weird fight tbh, it'll be interesting if Groves comes out in the coming weeks when things die down and say the injury happened again or it was just age or whatever. I really don't think a 100% Groves suffers any harm at the likes of Smith. Smith is decent but take away his monstrous size advantage and he's fairly average. Hopefully he fights the likes of Ramirez, Benavidez and Uzetacgui (spelling is definitely wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I always fancied Smith to win this. Smith is a decent boxer and has a strong punch. He did not allow Groves to dictate the flow. He used his reach and physical superiority well, too. Groves did seem hurt by the body shot, but he did seem in greater trouble against Froch, and yet he pleaded with his corner to allow the fight to continue. Maybe it was due to him not having the desire anymore, or just a simple recognition that Smith had his number. As for the future, if he is to go on, i can see him and De Gale having a retirement fund match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭squinn2912

When I saw them standing beside one another at the weigh in I said Smith is going to eat Groves. It’s a shame but Groves isn’t anything like the fighter he was before froch. Very lucky to have ever held a belt despite coming close (ish) twice.
    Haven’t got through the whole thread but what are the opinions on Shane McGuigan? I often wondered if frampton made him look better than he is.

Advertisement