Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lambs ears

• 23-09-2018 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have a ewe lamb here with orf on his mouth and it's like scabs on his ears have been giving alamacin and spraying him with iodine however no sign of improvements anyone any suggestions of what I can do thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Is it off on its ears?
    If its not try a cobalt dose. Flaky ears is a sign of cobalt deficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 donegal farmer

It's like hard scabs on her ears it's covered her ears gave her thriver I'll give her a shot of cobalt tomorrow thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Throw her a fist of meal too if possible for a few days. Nothing like a nutrition boost to help a lamb improve.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭maconof

I have a ewe lamb here with orf on his mouth and it's like scabs on his ears have been giving alamacin and spraying him with iodine however no sign of improvements anyone any suggestions of what I can do thanks

Found it hard to get rid of orf from the flock. Found that using scabivax eradicated it after 1-2 seasons. http://www.msd-animal-health.co.uk/binaries/Scabivax_ORF_A5_farmer_guide_tcm80-70148.pdf.

With bad cases found the alamycin spray helped heal it, iodine spray same as yourself didn't work for us at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭kk.man

Found deimcital spray works good too. It's about 20e. Mosts vets etc stock because it's used for dairy cows feet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement