Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmails not Loading FF

Options
  • 23-09-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Some do but most won't open, just says Loading and nothing happens. Works fine in Chrome. Only happened this week so something has changed somewhere but where:D

Is FF a pain now and should I just stick with chrome.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Wonder has it any link with this thread on reddit...

https://old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/9i7txl/ff_62_and_gmail_new_look_on_same_day_cant_click/

Possible to test out your addons? Some might be interfering. I just tested there in the latest FF (62.0.2) and gmail is loading fine for me. I'm still on the 'old' view so I wonder is that the reason (?).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

From above link

That got me sorted, if indirectly!
    It worked fine with a new profile so I switched back. I pondered the issue more closely and it seemed that an entire strip at the bottom of the screen wasn't being rendered so I reduced from maximised to not-maximised and it started rendering. Max/notmax would toggle between rendered and not.
    Working down that line, I hit F11 to fullscreen then back to windowed max and now it's all fine.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I think its something to do with display size all right, there is a little arrrow down at the right hand corner of screen and it says, show side panel or hide side panel. I hid side panel and that worked for worked for awhile. Today everything is fine and the arrow is set to hide side panel.

Advertisement