Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and Smoked Cooley :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Lams. I don't care.

That is all.

Enjoy !

Considering getting a takeaway tbh , haven't had one in yonks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Enjoy !

Considering getting a takeaway tbh , haven't had one in yonks .

I got two nights in so sorted for tomorrow too!:D You need a break from the meal planning and cooking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Have you ever done the triple cook method RG? I was a fooker for it when I had a deep fat fryer.

Nah, always a soak in cold water to remove the starch, pat them dry on a tea towel and away for slates. Bought a double deep fat fryer about 6 months ago and it's great to have one side exclusively for the chips. Clean oil is the key to good chips I reckon.

Was writing a post earlier and the electricity went, panic stations as we have a load of eggs in an incubator that are due to hatch, thanks be to God it came back on in minutes. Still nothing hatched but the wife reckons she heard a couple of them pecking at the inside of their shell today. Fingers crossed we will have new life soon.

Anyway, nice one for the bread recipe S1ippy have no yeast or buttermilk but will give it a crack when I get them.

Baked cod in batter with chips, peas and a snaky fried egg this evening and a nice glass of red. Had a popcorn chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Got a delivery of uisce beatha during the week so might have one mojito.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I got two nights in so sorted for tomorrow too!:D You need a break from the meal planning and cooking.

Son decided to get Mizzonis , Calzone Combo , so I've got a Taco Fries here now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bottle of Miller

Tayto cheese and onion

Son decided to get Mizzonis , Calzone Combo , so I've got a Taco Fries here now !

Sure I wasn't too far from it either Mam. Town was very quiet this evening. I guess he's a Mizzonis man so! Their Taco Fries are great, but for me its only after a feed of pints and then the Taxi rank. Seldom, but still missed.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I love taco fries!! Jeez i wouldn't mind them now :)

The Chef is making ratatouille. I have some leftover roast sweet potatoes and black eye beans. Going to be random late dinner!

Having a McGargles IPA for now.

• Advertisement

Sure I wasn't too far from it either Mam. Town was very quiet this evening. I guess he's a Mizzonis man so! Their Taco Fries are great, but for me its only after a feed of pints and then the Taxi rank. Seldom, but still missed.:D

If he's off form or having a bad day , Mizzonis = the ultimate comfort food to lift the spirits, though he'd only get it every 6-8 weeks or so . Taco Fries are a fecking huge portion , nice little treat !

What would you recommend from Lams G ?
    I've only eaten from there once :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Nah, always a soak in cold water to remove the starch, pat them dry on a tea towel and away for slates. Bought a double deep fat fryer about 6 months ago and it's great to have one side exclusively for the chips. Clean oil is the key to good chips I reckon.

Was writing a post earlier and the electricity went, panic stations as we have a load of eggs in an incubator that are due to hatch, thanks be to God it came back on in minutes. Still nothing hatched but the wife reckons she heard a couple of them pecking at the inside of their shell today. Fingers crossed we will have new life soon.

Anyway, nice one for the bread recipe S1ippy have no yeast or buttermilk but will give it a crack when I get them.

Baked cod in batter with chips, peas and a snaky fried egg this evening and a nice glass of red. Had a popcorn chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Got a delivery of uisce beatha during the week so might have one mojito.
    The yeast is not crucial, I just put it in to supplement the bicarbonate of soda because I only had two teaspoons of that left :D

For buttermilk Google tells me "For each cup of buttermilk, you can use 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to measure 1 cup. Stir, then let stand for 5 minutes. You can also use 1 cup of plain yogurt or 1-3/4 teaspoons cream of tartar plus 1 cup milk".

Gonna definitely have more popcorn from the hob later, this was class earlier in the week and it's actually not that unhealthy :pac:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=513968&d=1590183787

As for drinks tonight, gin and lime with sparkling water currently. Had apple brandy earlier, it was quality.
    513969.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

S1ppy I love the way the cat is looking into the bowl of popcorn :D

If he's off form or having a bad day , Mizzonis = the ultimate comfort food to lift the spirits, though he'd only get it every 6-8 weeks or so . Taco Fries are a fecking huge portion , nice little treat !

What would you recommend from Lams G ?
    I've only eaten from there once :o

I'd recommend everything Mam. A great bunch in there. My first time since January today. Phoned it in. Screens are up. A little hatch for the tap and a bigger drop down hatch for the grub. Missing the trips to Chequers. Delighted that himself got the comfort food to lift the spirits. Sometimes it is needed.

I'd recommend everything Mam. A great bunch in there. My first time since January today. Phoned it in. Screens are up. A little hatch for the tap and a bigger drop down hatch for the grub. Missing the trips to Chequers. Delighted that himself got the comfort food to lift the spirits. Sometimes it is needed.

Excellent, will try it sometime in the next few weeks !
    Ah , Chequers, it'll be nice to go there , whenever !
    Aye , it was an odd day where he couldn't pinpoint what was "off" tbh , probably a lack of carbs :pac:

Had a drunken craving for kinder bueno so we made something resembling them in DIY form. Featuring marshmallows as well.
    513987.jpg

• Advertisement

Fruit salad of plums, apples, bananas, blueberries and oranges with a squeeze of lemon juice.

It's for after dinner but invoked the chefs privilege and had a small bowl before sealing it and hiding it in the bottom of the fridge before mouth almighty wakes after his late night session of gaming and finishes the lot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Fruit salad of plums, apples, bananas, blueberries and oranges with a squeeze of lemon juice.

It's for after dinner but invoked the chefs privilege and had a small bowl before sealing it and hiding it in the bottom of the fridge before mouth almighty wakes after his late night session of gaming and finishes the lot.
    I actually had the same sort of night (restarted Elder Scrolls last week) and ended up getting hammered and only woke up in the last while. Have to deal with shopping and dropping stuff to relatives so needed a hearty breakfast and having been inspired by this thread, a French toast sandwich was on the cards. It did not disappoint. It was so heavy that I probably will have to wait ten years before making one again. Or eating anything :D

514025.jpg

Woke up early this morning and just knew it was gonna be a hungry day. Corn flakes, a bacon toastie and OJ for breakfast. Just had a sloppy cheese burger and chunky chips with a Club Orange Zero for lunch.

IMG_20200523_141027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Mexican feast....don't know how to post a picture!

Porklife wrote: »
    Mexican feast....don't know how to post a picture!

That looks mighty!
    Is that black pudding?

You can upload photos to any image site, I use postimage.org and copy the link it gives you.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That looks mighty!
    Is that black pudding?

You can upload photos to any image site, I use postimage.org and copy the link it gives you.

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

T'was indeed black pudding from M&S, really tasty. I fried potatoes in butter with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
    The Mexican mess was unreal - garlic, chilli, avacado, jack cheese, cheddar, parmesan, tons of spices, baked eggs and lashings of 'triple trouble' hot sauce that blew the head of me! Epic!

Had a small audience watching me prep the curry today, two hatched this morning and one in particular is very alert and inquisitive for a creature only ten hours old.

Stir fried beef and mixed veg, simmered in coconut milk and then sweet chilli noodles and a jalfezi sauce and spice added for the home straight of a simmer. Will have prawn crackers and rice with it.

Porklife wrote: »
    Thanks for that, appreciate it.

T'was indeed black pudding from M&S, really tasty. I fried potatoes in butter with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
    The Mexican mess was unreal - garlic, chilli, avacado, jack cheese, cheddar, parmesan, tons of spices, baked eggs and lashings of 'triple trouble' hot sauce that blew the head of me! Epic!

Hard to bate in fairness.

It was extra hot and spicy but very nice...

Lams Part two soon. Some Rockshore and The Return of Jafar in the home cinema now.

Fish fingers, chips and onion rings :)

Fruit salad and ice cream for dessert :)

A fish finger sandwich , with black pepper!

I'm addicted to the rainbow cherry tomatoes at the moment so fresh brennan's slice pan,tomatoes, red onion, loads of salt and butter, a bottle of Italian red wine (in fairness I've been very good all week except Thursday), Rockshore in the fridge as a back up....someone just arrived in with takeaway, might start picking at the chips just to be annoying.

Re. the fruit salad, what do ye use for the juice or is it just fruit?

I don’t put any juice on the fruit as the fruit has enough juice :)

Beef in the oven on a slow cook.

• Advertisement

Beef in the oven on a slow cook.

Exact same here, roasties, boiled baby potatoes, peas and carrots with gravy will be served with it.

Starving thinking about it, just had a glass of chilled white wine outside in the sun listening to the birds and cleaning my rifles.

Roast potatoes refused to cooperate with the schedule, we over came that obstacle and shall fry them in the morning instead...

Had a small audience watching me prep the curry today, two hatched this morning and one in particular is very alert and inquisitive for a creature only ten hours old.

Stir fried beef and mixed veg, simmered in coconut milk and then sweet chilli noodles and a jalfezi sauce and spice added for the home straight of a simmer. Will have prawn crackers and rice with it.

Daaammnnnn you're good!
    Kid knows what he's doing yo!! (Rewatching breaking bad at the moment hence saying yo alot and Miiisterr Wwhhiiitteee for no apparent reason)

The wife roasted chicken oyster thighs with peppers, mushrooms and garlic and then added two sachets of stir fry spring onion and oyster sauce for a bit of soakage.

Jaysus lads where would ya be going like?

A bag of boiled rice, a few frozen chips and glass or two of white wine, a few milk chocolate butter biscuits out of the fridge then to finish it off.

Might have a snaky drop of Green Spot there now to round it all off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

A tin of spaghetti hoops on toast. Ultimate comfort food,

About to make a warm potato salad with mackerel and green beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Chocolate cake and coffee (it's been a long day)

Mashed potatoes, garden peas and pork chops in a bbq sauce

Strawberries and ice cream for dessert :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

About to make a chilli con carne and rice :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Mashed potatoes, garden peas and pork chops in a bbq sauce

Strawberries and ice cream for dessert :)

Very similar here, Mashed potatoes, mixed frozen veg,pork chops and my own parsley sauce.

Jelly and ice cream for dessert, heated Aldi 'Mr. Kipling's ' apple cakes and ice cream for the jelly haters.
    A fast easy dinner but very tasty.

My second cup of coffee (and second chocolate hobnob ... shush!!!)

It was nearly too hot for eating here this evening and I was tired after working outside all day so I just had 3 of those skinny chilli steaks you get in Lidl with some homemade chips and peas. Just about managed an almond choc ice for dessert, still fierce warm here.

Raided the drinks cabinet collection again and happened upon this Hungarian beauty, tastes like a distant healthy relation of Jagermeister.

Supposed to be very healthy for ya too.

Warming up by the cooling charcoal of the BBQ with a Hop House 13. A long day! Just finished a steak sandwich with onion, slaw, potato salad and spicy wedges. Not a chance of a photo as I couldn't give a feck where any device is right now!

Slainte!

Two honey and mustard and two black pepper and spring onion sausages with mash, gravy, peas and an ice cold can of Bulmers.

Today’s meal was scrambled egg and beans and dessert is a mint cornetto :) washed down with a can of club orange

• Advertisement

Instead of a BLT sandwich , I made a toasted wrap with chopped up crispy bacon , onion, tomato and lettuce with mayonnaise :D

I'm staying true to form - chocolate cake & coffee

Pitta with grated cheese, cherry tomatoes, loads of red onion and coleslaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sweet and sour chicken with rice.
    Instead of just using plain diced chicken fillet, I dipped each chunk into beaten egg, then breadcrumbs, before frying and adding the sweet and sour sauce.
    Made a big difference, texture-wise, and it was very nice.

Having a Jaffa Cake now.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Sweet and sour chicken with rice.
    Instead of just using plain diced chicken fillet, I dipped each chunk into beaten egg, then breadcrumbs, before frying and adding the sweet and sour sauce.
    Made a big difference, texture-wise, and it was very nice.

Having a Jaffa Cake now.

Popcorn chicken is a good cheat fussy.

Milled a big bowl of cottage pie with mushy peas and extra gravy with two slices of bread and butter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement