Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Class!! Thank you. Great thread that people are actually nice to each other on, not too many of them on here!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I find freezing shepherd's pie cottage pie works well for me, but the key as hinted to above is to make loads of sauce/gravy so it can't dry out, put plenty of milk and butter in the mash and then preferably reheat in the oven - but the microwave will do in a pinch, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chocolate fudge cake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Roast chicken with roasted potatoes, turnip cabbage and peas. Gravy, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings to accompany. Handed to me by my mother, makes it all the better :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The Chef™ has made lasagne... Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

VW 1 wrote: »
    Roast chicken with roasted potatoes, turnip cabbage and peas. Gravy, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings to accompany. Handed to me by my mother, makes it all the better :D

Sounds great VW and always better handed up. I'm having my portion of Cottage pie this evening. Peas, gravy and croquettes too. But first a cold beer. I prefer to eat later in the evening. I'm not exactly starving as today's unexpected eatathon was a toasted rasher sandwich for an early breakie and then a cheese burger and chips for lunch. Nibbled on some Cadbury's fruit and nut bar afterwards. A once in a while thing for me. Happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hungry man dinner this evening after a hard day, a few hours working and a few hours on the local river trying in vain to catch a wild Atlantic salmon.

Homemade cheeseburger, chips, deep fried skins, garlic mayonnaise and coleslaw with beans and salad accompanied by an ice cold bottle of Perlenbacher Pils.

A large vodka and cranberry juice with crushed ice for dessert.

Take me now Lord.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Hungry man dinner this evening after a hard day, a few hours working and a few hours on the local river trying in vain to catch a wild Atlantic salmon.

Homemade cheeseburger, chips, deep fried skins, garlic mayonnaise and coleslaw with beans and salad accompanied by an ice cold bottle of Perlenbacher Pils.

A large vodka and cranberry juice with crushed ice for dessert.

Take me now Lord.

Ah the hungry man dinner! I had an easy bacon toastie this morning with OJ. Then packed the rucksack with water and headed out on a hike. Missed it, as at times my normal/previous work sometimes feels like a lot of hiking. Anyway, stopped off at a deli to grab a ham/cheese salad sandwich. A long way into the hike I sat down and devoured the sandwich and some water. It was so feckin lovely outdoors in the wild and massive sunshine.

Suppin a few bottles of beer before my hungry man dinner.

Went a bit posh this evening, crispy coated crab and potato cakes with dill, capers, onion (tiny bit), lemon juice and zest.

Flat mushrooms stuffed with finely cut peppers, garlic and topped with garlic butter, breadcrumbs and cheese.

Some mixed veg sprinkled with basil on the side, everything was slowly oven roasted.

Started off at the table with a pint glass of Bulmers with ice but skulled that on sight of the plate and changed over to a nice glass of red.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Rib steak with bbq sauce and chips :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waffles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Southern fried chicken goujons & mash.

Youngs cod in batter with chips and mushy peas for the girls this evening. I'm coming down from a stressfull day.:D On Skype with a few buddies having a beer and chat. Gonna order a dirty Chinese in a bit. Me time.:D

Oven roasted chicken off the bone curry with boiled rice, a few fried leftover potatoes and a cold can of Bulmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tomatoes,mushrooms,rashers , sausages with brown bread and a mug of coffee .

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tomatoes,mushrooms,rashers , sausages with brown bread and a mug of coffee .

Many a night I remember coming home to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Banana and peanut butter dark chocolate brownie, made by yours truly.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Many a night I remember coming home to that!

Jaysus the sister in law in Cork is a great woman to throw on a fry late at night after the pub, no interest in the chippers at all which is what I would be craving.

There's not a pick of her there but after a few drinks she'd be starving and cuts loose in the kitchen, some craic in fairness and better grub than any chipper.

Back to normal then the next morning for her, tea, toast and a couple of panadol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A bag of Manhatten cheese popcorn and a Pepsi Max.

Jaysus the sister in law in Cork is a great woman to throw on a fry late at night after the pub, no interest in the chippers at all which is what I would be craving.

There's not a pick of her there but after a few drinks she'd be starving and cuts loose in the kitchen, some craic in fairness and better grub than any chipper.

Back to normal then the next morning for her, tea, toast and a couple of panadol.

In my early 20s and when the parents were away, I'd lash on grub like that late at night as it was far better than any takeaway. A can or two while it all cooked. :D

Funny story that I may have told before. I was 15 and my first time left at home overnight. My parents had just bought our first deep fat fryer. I fecked some frozen burgers into it for me and the then girlfriend for a "romantic" meal. I lifted the basket and stuck a knife in the burgers. A splatter of juice all over the place.:D

• Advertisement

Tried out the new smoker today, whittled a bit of oak I had left over from a job and threw on some thin smoked paprika steaks.

Mighty job with some fresh basket loaf, soft cheese and tomato. This will be getting a lot of use for the summer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Doritos and beer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Doritos and beer :)

Doritos and wine here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I'm pretty much out of food and haven't felt up to shopping for awhile now.
    Found a noodle pack buried in the press :D SCORE!

Sprinkled with pepper, lemon juice and a sliver of butter ...and voila - tasty feast! boogie.gif

Happy out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I had chicken balls, shredded chicken , prawn toast , mini ribs , spicy chips and wings, curry sauce . No , I didn't eat the whole box!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I had chicken balls, shredded chicken , prawn toast , mini ribs , spicy chips and wings, curry sauce . No , I didn't eat the whole box!

I bet you fcukin did!:D

Chicken enchilada's with chips and wine, lots of wine....

Steak, sauteed onions and mushrooms, mash, peas and gravy.

But not just yet. The beers are going down far too well and I'm engrossed in some nostalgia.

Bbq ribs and mashed potatoes :)

The young fella did the main course, the fillet steaks were like butter. He's gonna make some lady a very happy wife some day.

My happy wife did the dessert.

Hope all ye Daddy's enjoyed yerselves today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Had a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings prepared and served by the mother earlier. I bbq'd sausages and rashers this morning for breakfast and purposely did too much, just had a sandwich packed with said leftovers. Very tasty indeed

VW 1 wrote: »
    Had a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings prepared and served by the mother earlier. I bbq'd sausages and rashers this morning for breakfast and purposely did too much, just had a sandwich packed with said leftovers. Very tasty indeed

Can't bate a nice sausage sandwich to help face a cold, windy, rainy day.

A bit of our own minced lamb with soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and chillies with mixed veg fried rice.

Scrumdiddlyumptous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Porridge with a dusting of cimanem cinmanum cimnanom (coffee before spelling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Fryup for lunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Omlette for dinner

Steak baguette with cheese, red onions and mushrooms with a few chips and peppercorn sauce. Cold can of Bulmers to wash it down.

Vodka and cranberry juice with crushed ice for dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Popcorn and beer for dinner, it's too hot to prepare anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Pork steak,mash,and peas.With a cold Budweiser for desert.

• Advertisement

Ben and Jerry phish food ice cream, my new love :)

Perhaps this will cause some foodies here to squirm, but I've just cooked the family a spinach + ricotta tortellini from Aldi which you just stick in the pot and boil, and it was delicious. I think it costs about a euro per packet (yes, they come in packets). Just mix-in some pesto and add parmesan and seasoning, my Christ. Lovely.

Not the most creative supper, but quick and cheap and tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm currently awaiting a Kebab Box from my favorite place. Its taking too long.

Perhaps this will cause some foodies here to squirm, but I've just cooked the family a spinach + ricotta tortellini from Aldi which you just stick in the pot and boil, and it was delicious. I think it costs about a euro per packet (yes, they come in packets). Just mix-in some pesto and add parmesan and seasoning, my Christ. Lovely.

Not the most creative supper, but quick and cheap and tasty.

There are no Foodies here. The thread is honest and about what you are eating. Delighted you enjoyed your nosh!

Foodies me arse, all basic stuff here you Tyrant.

I had two worms and two potatoes, luckily the wife had some honey, garlic and lemon to add.

Washed down with a chilled bottle of Cold Dark Heart from Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A lovely toasted ham, cheese, tomato, onion toasted sandwich with homemade chips. Presently consuming a nice cold bottle of Carlsburg from the fridge.

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    A lovely toasted ham, cheese, tomato, onion toasted sandwich with homemade chips. Presently consuming a nice cold bottle of Carlsburg from the fridge.

You can't bate the homemade chips.

A striploin steak, fried onions and chunky chips. No need for any sauce as the juice from the steak did the trick. A cheapo Carling lager for the wash down. Aint bad.

Cottage Pie, extra gravy and potato croquettes. A couple of slices of bread and butter to mop the leftovers up. A skinny 7-up to be followed by a few bottles of Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A skinny 7-up to be followed by a few bottles of Miller.

I could never take to the Miller, find it has a very "watery" type of texture, saying that I see some great deals for it in the supermarket when I'm doing the beer shop

GoneHome wrote: »
    I could never take to the Miller, find it has a very "watery" type of texture, saying that I see some great deals for it in the supermarket when I'm doing the beer shop

On the road tomorrow GH so taking it handy. Bought a case of 20 bottles for 17 quid in Supervalu a while back. Ice cold from the fridge and by the neck. I'm old enough to remember when it was a trendy long neck and then appeared on draught.:eek: It's ordinary and easy though.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement