Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grandeeod wrote: »
    On the road tomorrow GH so taking it handy. Bought a case of 20 bottles for 17 quid in Supervalu a while back. Ice cold from the fridge and by the neck. I'm old enough to remember when it was a trendy long neck and then appeared on draught.:eek: It's ordinary and easy though.:D

That's 85 cents for a refreshing bottle of cold beer that would cost about a fiver in a pub.

Where would ya be going without a bell on your bike?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That's 85 cents for a refreshing bottle of cold beer that would cost about a fiver in a pub.

Where would ya be going without a bell on your bike?

Gotta admit RG, the pub is looking very unappealing to me in the medium term. I was a twice a week chap and every second/third week the missus joined me. We don't miss it at all. We've had great nights in over the last few months with great grub too. Our local opens tomorrow for food and drink. We won't be anywhere near it.

Another bottle.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Gotta admit RG, the pub is looking very unappealing to me in the medium term. I was a twice a week chap and every second/third week the missus joined me. We don't miss it at all. We've had great nights in over the last few months with great grub too. Our local opens tomorrow for food and drink. We won't be anywhere near it.

Same as that Grand, we've no notion to be rushing back to the pub, f$%k it with all these rules and regulations it's going to ruin the whole experience, we're as well off at home

Same here, I used to usually stop for a pint after work but would be home for my dinner at 6 without fail and never go back out again in the evening so the lock down hasn't really changed our routine.

I missed the chat with my friends more than the pint but the last week or so I've called to a few of their houses now that things have become a bit safer. It's a better quality chat than you could have in the pub.

We have gotten more into the home cooking than we ever were and surprised ourselves with what we can do when we have the time.

I think the pubs and restaurants are after peaking in Ireland and will have to either adapt quickly to the new circumstances or die a slow death.

Some of them were losing the run of themselves anyway so it's no harm to soften their cough.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I missed the chat with my friends more than the pint

You've hit the nail on the head there RG, that's what we've missed also, and I don't think it will go back to that for months yet unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ben and Jerry’s ice cream Baked Alaska, the ice cream is on offer at the moment :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry’s ice cream Baked Alaska, the ice cream is on offer at the moment :D

Which supermarket, quick......

GoneHome wrote: »
    Which supermarket, quick......

Centra ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    Centra ;)

I had to settle for an Iceberger, good enough but yours sounds better, it's on tomorrows shopping list

GoneHome wrote: »
    I had to settle for an Iceberger, good enough but yours sounds better, it's on tomorrows shopping list

It’s only some flavours so make sure to check the prices

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pork chops, I just rubbed smoked paprika on them, green beans with tomato salsa and lentils.

IMG-20200629-005030.jpg

Added fried onions and garlic in the oil.

The tomato salsa was from lidl, just like 90c or so. Worth it for a thing to add.

Pan frying a nice bit of Sirloin to be served with sauteed mushrooms, szechuan sauce and chips.

IMG-20200629-172838.jpg

A couple of McGargles IPA and some green right now, before I might do a repeat of yesterday's pork chop with green beans and tomato salsa.

I thought it was a nice quick combo.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    A couple of McGargles IPA and some green right now, before I might do a repeat of yesterday's pork chop with green beans and tomato salsa.

I thought it was a nice quick combo.

I salute the McGargles choice. As a lager drinker, their Franks lager is a nice sup. A repeat of a great dinner is always good. I do it regularly.

Went out for dinner this evening and it was so nice to be served my dinner and no washing up to do afterwards :) Cod and mashed potatoes and chocolate brownie and ice cream for dessert :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pasta, pesto + garlic bread = over eating :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Pasta, pesto + garlic bread = over eating :pac:

Feck it! I'm off to Lams and Egans. Extra garlic in the takeaway! More excitement!

Feck it! I'm off to Lams and Egans. Extra garlic in the takeaway! More excitement!

Ooh enjoy !

I must remember to get a menu from there soon !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mug of hot chocolate

• Advertisement

Beef in Garlic and Chilli, Fried Rice and Chips. Two large bottles of Erdinger. Tuesday nights may have returned to a new normal for some, but I'll enjoy this particular normal for now. Totally unplanned. I was gonna have a toasted special with chips and blackcurrent. Oh well!

Cheapo Aldi beers as it's a poor Wednesday night when I used to be able to afford a few pints with friends in the local. Wednesday night beers! Thankfully the local isn't open so I'm not embarrassed.:eek:

Having a Catch Bar. The bar that used to be made in Ireland and according to the wrapper is now made in Trinidad and Tobago under license from a company in Dublin. Oh well.

catch-bar-36-pieces-planetcandy-600x800.jpg

Cheapo Aldi beers as it's a poor Wednesday night when I used to be able to afford a few pints with friends in the local. Wednesday night beers! Thankfully the local isn't open so I'm not embarrassed.:eek:

Having a Catch Bar. The bar that used to be made in Ireland and according to the wrapper is now made in Trinidad and Tobago under license from a company in Dublin. Oh well.

catch-bar-36-pieces-planetcandy-600x800.jpg

I don't think anyone in Ireland was ever handed one of those bars back in the late 70's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0iMw0F7cU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Fish chips and mushy peas here for dinner. Was treated to a ferrero rocher donut from offbeat by herself, was delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Was shopping this evening and it would have been too late to start cooking by the time I got home so picked up an Italian chipper on the way home. I had a cheeseburger and chips and ate it way too fast like I usually do. Very tasty though.

Chicken stir fry , lovely and healthy :)
    With homemade chips :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Potato and Leek soup and brown bread,with a smattering of butter.

Chicken stir fry , lovely and healthy :)
    With homemade chips :pac:

I bet the homemade chips were done in a deep fat fryer? Jaysus I miss it. Chicken stir fry Mam? What sauce and what veg. Indulge me and the thread. Spoil us! I couldn't give a feck if it was all out of a packet, just describe it!

I bet the homemade chips were done in a deep fat fryer? Jaysus I miss it. Chicken stir fry Mam? What sauce and what veg. Indulge me and the thread. Spoil us! I couldn't give a feck if it was all out of a packet, just describe it!

But of course with the deep fat fryer G , soo bad but so damned tasty , just as well I don't make chips every day of the week !

Chicken stir fry , haven't a clue what sauce reddish colour , little bit of heat , chicken red/yellow peppers , onions . Supervalue (Mulhalls) have it on offer this week , got a tray of it yesterday for €2 odd . Lots in it G , very tasty tbh , might get more tomorrow.

But of course with the deep fat fryer G , soo bad but so damned tasty , just as well I don't make chips every day of the week !

Chicken stir fry , haven't a clue what sauce reddish colour , little bit of heat , chicken red/yellow peppers , onions . Supervalue (Mulhalls) have it on offer this week , got a tray of it yesterday for €2 odd . Lots in it G , very tasty tbh , might get more tomorrow.

Deep fried chips and a stir fry from Mulhalls. Can't find a drool emoji! I was in there today and didn't see it or maybe didn't look. I was grabbing 3 sausage rolls for Mrs G and a bag of sausages and chips for me off the great deli counter. We sat at the back of All Books on a low wall having an outdoor picnic. We fed the scraps to the crows and got a dirty look from an eejit not far from us. She looked like a member of the Green Party.:D Its a decent oul town in the sun!

Deep fried chips and a stir fry from Mulhalls. Can't find a drool emoji! I was in there today and didn't see it or maybe didn't look. I was grabbing 3 sausage rolls for Mrs G and a bag of sausages and chips for me off the great deli counter. We sat at the back of All Books on a low wall having an outdoor picnic. We fed the scraps to the crows and got a dirty look from an eejit not far from us. She looked like a member of the Green Party.:D Its a decent oul town in the sun!

Ha , the first fridge on the left beside the fruit and veg G , even the fussy eater here ate it !
    They have a great deli don't they? Sitting on that wall was the perfect spot to enjoy the food and watch the world go by , I probably passed ye :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ha , the first fridge on the left beside the fruit and veg G , even the fussy eater here ate it !
    They have a great deli don't they? Sitting on that wall was the perfect spot to enjoy the food and watch the world go by , I probably passed ye :eek:
    They have always had really tasty food.
    Haven't been in town since C19 kicked off, so due a visit.

About to have an ice cold Pepsi max, over salted my cooking earlier and very thirsty now.

Lamb chops with carrots, courgette and potatoes roasted in the oven. Nearly ready now.

Mashed spuds, mushy peas, croquettes and roast loin of pork. A splash of gravy on top. Absolutely delicious.

Having a few beers after that.

IMG-20200703-181140.jpg

Chips, cheese, peppercorn sauce, baby mushrooms and a steak medallion with crusty buttered bread.

There was a lot of driving done and a lot of thought went into this meal since the scrambled eggs at 8 this morning.

Chunky Kit Kat out of the freezer for dessert.

Having some Dada number 8 here, the chocolat one. Going down a treat.

Having some Dada number 8 here, the chocolat one. Going down a treat.

Had to Google that, chocolate and wine in one, sounds very nice.

Had to Google that, chocolate and wine in one, sounds very nice.

It was. Too nice. *crys into sleeve* :pac:

Big batch curry bubbling away. It'll be a while reducing yet. I'll get around 12 or 13 dinners out of it.

My diet has gone to sh1t since the lockdown. Weight piling on.

Microwaved chicken biryani from Lidl earlier and now a few beers from Aldi.

I'll be back on the fish and salads soon. Promise.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My diet has gone to sh1t since the lockdown. Weight piling on.

Microwaved chicken biryani from Lidl earlier and now a few beers from Aldi.

I'll be back on the fish and salads soon. Promise.

I've flattened the curve a little over the last couple of weeks.

Still eating like a Lord, just burning off more of the calories and being a tad more careful now with desserts.

Jaysus the last four months I was eating and drinking like a man on death row that was working unsupervised in the prison kitchen.

Sipping a blackcurrant flavored vodka now with crushed ice, all about the discipline.

Stay strong, stay safe.

• Advertisement

Home made chicken korma with chips and peas.

Home made chicken korma with chips and peas.

I may have gotten a little erect... :D

I may have gotten a little erect... :D

Doesn't' take much to excite you then.

I was joking man...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

No need for that.

Anyway, homemade popcorn and Lidl beer. Living it up.

I was joking man...

I wasn't.

I wasn't.

Fair enough. I couldn't give a sh!te what you were at.

Fair enough. I couldn't give a sh!te what you were at.

And we both agree on something.

And we both agree on something.

Does someone need a cuddle...aw poor nobody :D

• Advertisement

Does someone need a cuddle...aw poor nobody :D

You are going to result to that ****?Did I hurt your feelings?

Advertisement