Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know , I love Aldi too , we all have to be careful with our spending these days :)
    I like the Hogan Stand for the five for twenty euro offer tbh .

Pork chops, chicken, mince etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Pork chops, chicken, mince etc?

Yes , stuffed chicken , chops , meatballs , stuffed pork , steak burgers , can't think of what else G tbh although there's more choices than that . Daughter gets it too and he has no problem switching out an item to a piece of bacon for her .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yes , stuffed chicken , chops , meatballs , stuffed pork , steak burgers , can't think of what else G tbh although there's more choices than that . Daughter gets it too and he has no problem switching out an item to a piece of bacon for her .

I've done it and there may be a lot of it in my freezer since last May. The Bacon is great and I think I posted a pic of it earlier this year. Feckin hell, ya can't beat a bit of salty bacon with mash and whatever!

Luckily my freezer is full of stuff, but over the last week I tried Aldi meat to see how it worked out. Back the Butchers for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've done it and there may be a lot of it in my freezer since last May. The Bacon is great and I think I posted a pic of it earlier this year. Feckin hell, ya can't beat a bit of salty bacon with mash and whatever!

Luckily my freezer is full of stuff, but over the last week I tried Aldi meat to see how it worked out. Back the Butchers for me!

Ha , think we must be related G , freezer full here too :pac:
    Think I'm weird , I always say if you've something in the freezer and a bag of potatoes , we'll never starve !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Porklife wrote:
    I bought my sister and her family a lockdown present and the final gift arrived today. Excitedly I went to the post office only to be told there is no post to Australia

Resumes on September 29th

I had sausage in a brioche roll to remain on topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Resumes on September 29th

I had sausage in a brioche roll to remain on topic!

Yay!! That makes me really happy:)

I burnt my lunch cos I took a stupid work call just as I put it on low. My blabbermouth colleague takes about a week to tell you nothing. By the time she shut up my lunch was like charcoal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Long busy day today with no time for food until just a while ago. There's a pile of other veg under the cheese on those mushrooms so it's basically just a big vegetarian meal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was lazy today and ordered Taco Fries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rack of Bellmullet honey and maple glazed lamb, roasted , and served on a bed of mushed Leitrim sourced early Autumn Peas minced with fresh mint, salt and lime.

Barley flaked twice cooked pommes de terre croquettes ( 3 servings ) heavily seasoned with wild Zaragozan sea salt, Albaquerqan crushed pepper and a dash of fresh pommegranate grenadine and strong Kilmeadan cheese berlais.

Skulling strawberry and cherry daquiris .

I had sausages, mash and mushy peas earlier with bread and butter. Hit the spot! Scooping a few beers now after an unexpected good day. Might have a takeaway tomorrow.:D

• Advertisement

A blow out tonight!

Pizza. Garlic bread. Chips. Garlic and BBQ dips. Chicken curry and rice. Beer, wine and skinny coke.

Chocolate . Lots of chocolate.

A blow out tonight!

Pizza. Garlic bread. Chips. Garlic and BBQ dips. Chicken curry and rice. Beer, wine and skinny coke.

Chocolate . Lots of chocolate.

A proper munchfest there, that's the job kid.

Had homemade chicken curry and rice here and a few cold cans of Kortenhoef, nice lager.

Looking forward to a couple of pints in the local Monday, there's lads I used have a pint and a chat with that I haven't crossed paths with since March.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

A proper munchfest there, that's the job kid.

Had homemade chicken curry and rice here and a few cold cans of Kortenhoef, nice lager.

Looking forward to a couple of pints in the local Monday, there's lads I used have a pint and a chat with that I haven't crossed paths with since March.

Yeah the kortenhoef from Aldi is decent value and taste.

Made a homemade whopper on the grill with fresh cut chips. Having a few cans of wife-beater now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Roasted duck in a plum sauce, with snow peas and bamboo shoots. And now enjoying bourbon and tonic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Roast pork steak courtesy of The Chef.
    With mixed veg and sauerkraut.

Dinner is nearly ready for my small troop. Roast chicken, roast spuds, cheesy potato gratin and mashed turnip and carrot. Suppin a beer as I watch over it.

Breakfast this morning was badly needed after a long walk. A big and meaty honey and mustard sausage in the mix.

IMG-20200920-111459.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steak samich in pitta bread , diced up with rocket and some lovely barbecue sauce.....savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Chicken Maryland, mixed veg and potatoes for dinner

Roasted chicken, potatoes and plums nearly ready, some fresh crusty buttered bread and a glass or two of red wine shall complete the bill of fare.

• Advertisement

There she blows, the loaf that was bought yesterday was put into the turned off oven while the chicken was resting under tinfoil. The plums that were too tart to eat from the packet gave a lovely twist to the chicken that also had squeezy honey on it to hold the herbs and spices.

The rest of the crew are on the way back from west Cork and looking forward to trying it out. There'll be no waste anyway, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pineapple

Pineapple

Get out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spaghetti Bolognese and prawn crackers :)

Love pineapple :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Crisp Sandwich

Spaghetti Bolognese and Garlic Bread and a few cans of Stella

Youngs Cod fillet in beer batter, mushy peas and chunky chips. Lashings of salt n vinegar and bread and butter.

IMG-20200921-180129.jpg

Prawn crackers :)

Pasta.

IMG-20200921-201016.jpg

• Advertisement

Slow cooked Beef Chilli with Rice and Homemade Nachos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Slow cooked Beef Chilli with Rice and Homemade Nachos

That sounds heavenly. I am comfortably numb from a few BLT's. Bourbon, Lime, and Tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

A midnight twirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

A midnight twirl

Yeah, but anything to eat ? :D

Toasted Brioche with homemade Strawberry compote dipped in a dark chocolate and mint créme anglais. I am washing down with freshly squeezed Seville Orange juice with a dash of lime juice delicately mixed with Schweppes soda water. I am percolating an Arabian coffee filtered with wild Guatemalan Cardamom.

Flaked salmon stir fry with cashew nuts and weirdly potatoes. I just threw them in as they were leftover but they go great with the noodles. It's really nice and it's healthy:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Pork chops, Maris Piper's boiled in their skins and doused with sea salt and real butter with carrots and garden peas. A simple and tasty dinner.

Chicken and mixed veg in a sweet chilli and garlic sauce with boiled rice and wedges and a glass of red.

Half a bag of Dairy Milk giant orange buttons from the freezer and another glass of red for dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Cajun (turkey) Meatballs with some broccoli on the side.

Did you guys know they have orange twirls at the moment?! Cold from the fridge with a glass of Bailey's over ice and you can slap my arse and call this Christmas:)

Porklife wrote: »
    Did you guys know they have orange twirls at the moment?! Cold from the fridge with a glass of Bailey's over ice and you can slap my arse and call this Christmas:)

Yea the twirls are back again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

A mahoosive bowl of rice crispies with loads of raisins mixed in and ice cold protein milk :)

This pasta was without meat, but with mushrooms, creme fraishe, oregano and rosemary, parmesan, lemon juice and rocket. Plenty garlic and some of Lidl's new roasted hazelnuts.

IMG-20200924-004447.jpg

looks divine, enjoy.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    This pasta was without meat, but with mushrooms, creme fraishe, oregano and rosemary, parmesan, lemon juice and rocket. Plenty garlic and some of Lidl's new roasted hazelnuts.

IMG-20200924-004447.jpg

That is so up my street! Rocket goes great with pasta. What pasta is that you use, it looks really fat and juicy. Yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

About to enjoy home made chicken soup. Threw it together in desperate self defence as it was arctic in here early on... Smells … mmmmm..

Scone out of the oven with strawberry jam and the banana bread is baking away.

Going to prep the fillet of venison curry now before I accept the kind offer of a spin into the village to visit the local pub for two lazy hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Youngs Cod fillet in beer batter, mushy peas and chunky chips. Lashings of salt n vinegar and bread and butter.

IMG-20200921-180129.jpg

Now THAT I could really relish! Stop tempting me!!lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Just ate a custard slice feel icky now :(

Venison, peppers, chillies, garlic, ginger and red onion stir fried, then coconut milk added and left to simmer, then some cornflour powder added and left to simmer again.
    Two roosters thinly sliced and deep fried, egg fried rice nuked and prawn crackers from the bag.

Glass of red now with the two heels of the banana bread, out again at dawn looking for more fillets.

Porklife wrote: »
    That is so up my street! Rocket goes great with pasta. What pasta is that you use, it looks really fat and juicy. Yum

Mafaldine pasta

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=305794952

Malfada (also known as mafaldine or reginette, which means “little queens”) is a type of pasta cut like ribbons; it’s characterized by its long, fairly wide, rectangular shape and curly edges. Like linguine they are best served in a delicate sauce.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/cook/ultimate-guide-pasta-shapes-gallery/slide-20

• Advertisement
Advertisement