Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

That's my Christmas drink. Hope you enjoyed!

It was very nice, Brandy gives it a kick and almost offsets the sweetness of the Bailey's.

Porklife wrote: »
    Mine too but just Baileys with ice. I might try it with brandy, sounds lovely and would give it a nice kick.

Are you a chef Alexandajo? Your meals and aperitifs always sound lovely!

Il craving everything and nothing today.

Thank you, and yes I am a chef, going on 10 years now. A few others here have posted meals I have on my list to try myself.

Lamb chops with roasted parsnips and mushrooms, and followed by a glass of wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Made a Thai red curry Tuesday and made enough for 2 dinners for the three of us but Mr. mouth almighty, teenage mutant, deep voice, fall sleep on the couch and wake up starvin' raided it for a second lash late Tuesday night. You wouldn't mind but he only gave it an 8 out of 10 overall because "the second lash was out of the microwave."

Herself decided to make the most of the leftovers by making curry pastries and for the first time ever doing homemade fried rice today. What a result, savage flavours, very filling and we probably would never have had it only for the teenage terror and his late night hunger pangs. In future now there will be a double lash of curry made.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

:D ^

Lasagne, skinny chips cooked in the oven & caeser salad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thank you, and yes I am a chef, going on 10 years now. A few others here have posted meals I have on my list to try myself.

I was chef as well for ten years, you wouldn't think it by the crap I eat though :pac:
    It was very nice, Brandy gives it a kick and almost offsets the sweetness of the Bailey's.

It is a gorgeous drink, I try to get the Henneseys (spelling?) on offer as well as the Bailey's. I manage two decent ones and I'm half cut haha

I was chef as well for ten years, you wouldn't think it by the crap I eat though :pac:

I worked in a kitchen years ago that done charity function balls, & the head chef said to me that he actually prefares to have chips & an egg for dinner!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It is a gorgeous drink, I try to get the Henneseys (spelling?) on offer as well as the Bailey's. I manage two decent ones and I'm half cut haha

Baileys on top of ice-cream.

You're welcome ;)

toasted ham, cheese & Black pepper sandwich.
    Chicken & veg soup.
    Wasnt even hungry but made it because I was making himself some. End up milling it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

You're welcome ;)

Ah Seph..you're killing me! Two of my favourite things..alcohol and icecream!! Drrooolllllll
    Ever have a snowball? We used to drink them on Christmas morning...white rum and vanilla icecream over crushed ice. Follow that up with a full Irish, a roaring fire and It's a Wonderful life on the box...heaven!! Aww feeling all Christmassy now:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah Seph..you're killing me! Two of my favourite things..alcohol and icecream!! Drrooolllllll
    Ever have a snowball? We used to drink them on Christmas morning...white rum and vanilla icecream over crushed ice. Follow that up with a full Irish, a roaring fire and It's a Wonderful life on the box...heaven!! Aww feeling all Christmassy now:)

I know what I'm drinking this weekend anyway ;)

I worked in a kitchen years ago that done charity function balls, & the head chef said to me that he actually prefares to have chips & an egg for dinner!

Chefs are notorious for having bad diets due to the long working hours. You'd be so wrecked after 11 straight hours, you'd eat anything.
    Not saying everyone is like that, like A (brandy guy) seems to eat well.
    I still love cooking though but don't have enough people to cook for, I like having visitors so I can treat them :)

You're welcome ;)

You got that off the ad on TV didn't you? Only messing, I must try it, I have Bailey's and vanilla ice cream in the house actually *strokes chin*

You got that off the ad on TV didn't you? Only messing, I must try it, I have Bailey's and vanilla ice cream in the house actually *strokes chin*

Well the cheek of ya! its my own concoction actually! the ad stole it from me ;)

:pac:

tenor.gif?itemid=7261844

Chefs are notorious for having bad diets due to the long working hours. You'd be so wrecked after 11 straight hours, you'd eat anything.
    Not saying everyone is like that, like A (brandy guy) seems to eat well.
    I still love cooking though but don't have enough people to cook for, I like having visitors so I can treat them :)

You're me all over. I only worked as a chef briefly and I use the title chef loosely. I was allowed peel and plate. I remember being on potato duty for about 6 hours and my hands were bleeding from nicking them with the knife. Head chef comes in and sees my bloody hands..immediately he looks at the bucket of potatoes and kicks it over cos blood had discoloured the skin. He screamed at me to start over. SHUDDER.
    I quit after 6 weeks and I wanted it more than anything but the environment destroyed my passion. I live alone now too since recently as a few of you guys know (jeez I'm welling up..damn hormones) and I'm finding myself eating terribly!
    I love food but feel like what's the point when it's just me (and bean) I might as well live the dream and eat frozen waffles...seriously..I'm eating out of the bin almost at the moment! Sorry for the tangent. Point was..I'm hungry:)

You're me all over. I only worked as a chef briefly and I use the title chef loosely. I was allowed peel and plate. I remember being on potato duty for about 6 hours and my hands were bleeding from nicking them with the knife. Head chef comes in and sees my bloody hands..immediately he looks at the bucket of potatoes and kicks it over cos blood had discoloured the skin. He screamed at me to start over. SHUDDER.
    I quit after 6 weeks and I wanted it more than anything but the environment destroyed my passion. I live alone now too since recently as a few of you guys know (jeez I'm welling up..damn hormones) and I'm finding myself eating terribly!
    I love food but feel like what's the point when it's just me (and bean) I might as well live the dream and eat frozen waffles...seriously..I'm eating out of the bin almost at the moment! Sorry for the tangent. Point was..I'm hungry:)

That potato work is a kitchen porter job tbh. I never had to do stuff like that, i trained in Fine Dining, it wasn't easy but at least the food was of good quality.
    I think you should eat what you like (as long as it's safe). Nothing wrong with waffles especially if you are tired. You could batch cook on your days off and freeze as well. It is important to get nutrients in as well though. Beans and frozen veg be ok sometimes and fruit is easy to eat.
    Hope you feel better :)

Edit, it sounds like the head chef was trying to make you toughen up and make it hard for you. I had that at times as well but in different ways, had to juice 200 lemons once with a small juicer. I don't know was he just taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I remember drinking those when I was about 18 in the local. Blew the head off me ha ha

Crunchy Nut Cornflakios :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I was badly in need of a sugar hit so a cuppa and snowy Joey for me :)

• Advertisement

That potato work is a kitchen porter job tbh. I never had to do stuff like that, i trained in Fine Dining, it wasn't easy but at least the food was of good quality.
    I think you should eat what you like (as long as it's safe). Nothing wrong with waffles especially if you are tired. You could batch cook on your days off and freeze as well. It is important to get nutrients in as well though. Beans and frozen veg be ok sometimes and fruit is easy to eat.
    Hope you feel better :)

Edit, it sounds like the head chef was trying to make you toughen up and make it hard for you. I had that at times as well but in different ways, had to juice 200 lemons once with a small juicer. I don't know was he just taking the piss?

The head chef was a renowned asshole. I think he was trying to toughen me up but he was also statistically enjoying seeing me suffer.
    He wouldn't even tell me what rate of pay I was on. When I asked he said you'll find out on payday. Just an absolute prick! Great chef though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just polished off a streaky rasher sangwich and a giant mug of tae.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Gonna try that one pan egg sandwich, will report back.

Ravioli with garlic, spinach, peas, fine beans in a lemon cream sauce. Its gorgeous. Next time I'd add crushed walnuts or pistachios.

Ravioli with garlic, spinach, peas, fine beans in a lemon cream sauce. Its gorgeous. Next time I'd add crushed walnuts or pistachios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

You must have really enjoyed it :D

Haha...I tried to post a picture of it but it kept saying image too big even though its just a small photo and I kept trying and must have posted multiple times by mistake:)
    And yes I did really enjoy it:p

Pan fried Sea Bass with lemon garlic herb sauce paired with a bean shoot salad. And a nice glass of Pinot Grigio. I'm being very fancy this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Glass of vino, red.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Call me a dirty bastard but I had a new Mcdonalds curry pot noodle for lunch. Jesus it was addicting stuff.
    Eating It reminded me of the old pot noodle ad where the guy pays the prostitute to eat a Pot noodle in an alleyway with him, "Slag of all snacks" it was that good dirty feeling:D:D:D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6GGDhHzKI

• Advertisement

^ Ooh haven't seen those before. & I use that curry sauce so I'm sure id like them.

*totally forgot about that add too lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Mocha latte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fathom wrote: »
    Mocha latte

Good to see you back :)

Chocolate buttons

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Autosport wrote: »
    Good to see you back :) Chocolate buttons
    Thanks sport. What would we do without choc? Sips mocha latte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

^ Ooh haven't seen those before. & I use that curry sauce so I'm sure id like them.

*totally forgot about that add too lol

Has anyone tried the new curry sauce Paul McGrath is advertising ? I had a moment of weakness in the supermarket earlier and almost bought a bottle. Then I came to my senses. :o

trashcan wrote: »
    curry sauce
    Nope. But smacks lips for curry.

trashcan wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new curry sauce Paul McGrath is advertising ? I had a moment of weakness in the supermarket earlier and almost bought a bottle. Then I came to my senses. :o

Can only use McDonnells here because the mini's don't like spicy sauce. McDonnells is a bit more on the sweet side & it's not too hot so we just stick to that for now.

I'd love a nice 'grown up' curry though

Sweet and sour pork with boiled rice and prawn crackers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Introduced my culchie family to coddle

530498.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Introduced my culchie family to coddle

530498.jpg

It's fabulous isn't it? I make mine like yours with carrots, but my nana is an absolute purist and insists orange carrots don't go into a white coddle :D

• Advertisement

That coddle looks the business Gregor.
    I add a handful of frozen swede(it's turnip to me, but the bag says swede) to mine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Old El Paso BBQ Fajitas. Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

VW 1 wrote: »
    It's fabulous isn't it? I make mine like yours with carrots, but my nana is an absolute purist and insists orange carrots don't go into a white coddle :D

I fully respect where she’s coming from, but I feel the carrots just enhance the white. I noticed all the recipes online call for the sausages and rashers to be browned first. Blasphemy!

I fully respect where she’s coming from, but I feel the carrots just enhance the white. I noticed all the recipes online call for the sausages and rashers to be browned first. Blasphemy!

Indeed!
    Eww. Stick to what you know.
    I think it would look too sad without carrots. In fact, I would have triple that amount of carrot on my plate

Do you use a soup packet in your coddle? I'm not brave enough to make a coddle with a broth type soup, so I use a soup packet.

I wouldn't use those soup packets for a bowl of soup, i don't like them. But I use one in a coddle.
    & I strain the dried veg out before adding the soup to the coddle

About to have a steak sandwich

Someone on here a few weeks back was talking about rebel chilli? I got a bottle today, pricey enough, 5 euro :O some of the jars were dodgey looking

IMG20201025140724.jpg

IMG20201025151834.jpg

Ham and coleslaw roll

About to have a steak sandwich

Someone on here a few weeks back was talking about rebel chilli? I got a bottle today, pricey enough, 5 euro :O some of the jars were dodgey looking

IMG20201025140724.jpg

IMG20201025151834.jpg

That was me. Did you try it, any worth? I couldn't find it in Dunnes.

That was me. Did you try it, any worth? I couldn't find it in Dunnes.

Any SuperValu near ya? That's where I got it, I shall report back with my findings.

• Advertisement

Any SuperValu near ya? That's where I got it, I shall report back with my findings.

Yeah, there is one near enough. Cool, look forward to it :)

Advertisement