Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Have you guys tried Escona cajun sauce?
    Its awesome.

I'm making roast chicken, roast garlic potatoes and I have chocolate mousse for afters. Yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porklife wrote: »
    Its awesome.

I'm making roast chicken, roast garlic potatoes and I have chocolate mousse for afters. Yummy.

Haven't heard of it. That sounds lovely, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Had a great roast chicken dinner today with all the trimmings, still stuffed but there's a lovely bit of chicken left over for sandwiches later, win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Its awesome.

Escona is a great brand. Their Extra hot pepper sauce is fab! That said, I bought an Aldi hot garlic and chili sauce earlier on in the week and it is great for 1.20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cod & chorizo fish cake with mashed potato & peas.

Mint Ice-cream for dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I'm slumming it with a lamb kebab, too tired to cook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Roast breast and leg of duck with gratin potatoes and peas.

The legs are much nicer, less fat on them and plenty crispy skin. It'll be all legs the next time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its awesome.

You're in dubby land am I correct porklife? In case you go looking for it in dubby land its not called Rebel Chilli, it's called "The Real Capital Chilli" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

You're in dubby land am I correct porklife? In case you go looking for it in dubby land its not called Rebel Chilli, it's called "The Real Capital Chilli" :pac:

I'll real capital you ten ways from Sunday if you sass mouth like that again dude! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chips, beans, fried egg and a hash brown, total comfort food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Chicken Piri Piri with rice few cans to sup with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll real capital you ten ways from Sunday if you sass mouth like that again dude! :p

🤣🤣🤣

Autosport wrote: »
    Chips, beans, fried egg and a hash brown, total comfort food :)

I may try that for breakie in the morning with a sausage!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Chicken curry and chips coming soon!

I used Aldi jarred madras, it'll do! The chicken was free range from Dunnes. Quite good, €4 for two breasts, although i think tesco €5 version is better.

Added mushrooms, peas, curry leaves, ginger and chilli flakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I may try that for breakie in the morning with a sausage!

Sounds great, but I probably wouldn't eat ( or move much) for the rest of the day if I had that for brekkie. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Escona is a great brand. Their Extra hot pepper sauce is fab! That said, I bought an Aldi hot garlic and chili sauce earlier on in the week and it is great for 1.20!

For chinese style garlic and chilli sauce, i love Lee Kum Kee. But extremely salty, like all LKK. A little goes a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Round 2 of Saturday's red Thai beef curry with boiled rice and chips, it was actually nicer today and the beef was more tender.

Goosed after it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Pilau rice, spicy chickpeas, & frozen salt & vinegar fish bits.

Weird concoction having salt & vinegar fish with the rest, but I'm feeling lazy so that's what happened

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Cold brew coffee.

Fathom wrote: »
    Cold brew coffee.

Fair f$%ks to you

• Advertisement

Spinach & ricotta ravioli with a basil white wine cream sauce and fresh parmesan. Left overs from work lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Spinach & ricotta ravioli with a basil white wine cream sauce and fresh parmesan. Left overs from work lol.
    Yo Alejandro. Reads delicious. Tummy rumbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

2 pieces of steak,home made chips,mushrooms,onions,portion of curry on the side.im absolutely stuffed dunno if i be able for a few carlsberg,will have to let it digest for awhile before i consume :D

Yo Alejandro. Reads delicious. Tummy rumbles.

Very creamy and soft on the palette. Sadly I didn't make it and has me envious it was so good, lol.I must rob the recipe!

Very creamy and soft on the palette. Sadly I didn't make it and has me envious it was so good, lol.I must rob the recipe!
    Yo. Really hungry now Alejandro. Add glass of wine. Smacks lips.

Yo. Really hungry now Alejandro. Add glass of wine. Smacks lips.

I would add a nice Merlot, but I am having a Vodka and Tonic at the moment. Are you looking to employ a personal chef? I am available for the right price lol

Are you looking to employ a personal chef? I am available for the right price lol
    Yo Alejandro. Do you have and fly a jet to round trip commute? Like a XB-70 Valkyrie. Top Speed: 3,309 km/h. I'm in California. Can't pay your per diem. But living room has comfy couch. I've fallen asleep on it many a time. :D

Yo Alejandro. Do you have and fly a jet to round trip commute? Like a XB-70 Valkyrie. Top Speed: 3,309 km/h. I'm in California. Can't pay your per diem. But living room has comfy couch. I've fallen asleep on it many a time. :D

I have dear friends who live in Healdsburg, when and if I can visit I will treat you to dinner.

I have dear friends who live in Healdsburg, when and if I can visit I will treat you to dinner.
    Bring a bucket of water. Sonoma County has firestorms. Laters. Hungry. Thanks to you.

• Advertisement

Bring a bucket of water. Sonoma County has firestorms.

She is safe for now. She runs a equestrian school there. And I would never bother with water. Wine or Brandy all the way lol.

Latte & two MrKipling almond slices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Liebling

Not eating or drinking but enjoying the chat between Fathom and Alejandro68

2 bags of banshee bones.

bassy wrote: »
    2 bags of banshee bones.

What is banshee bones? Is that some sort of treat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Mince and tatties.

scrambled egg,s jumbo sausages toast orange juice,tea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Leftover roast chicken dinner, broccoli, carrots and mash

Grilled chicken with charred pineapple salad, followed by a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

• Advertisement

The other half brought me home a KFC gravy mega box i think its called. Chips, a drumstick, a mini fillet, two spicy wings & gravy.

The grease on the back of my throat is making me feel ill, & I think I might be having a heart attack. It was tasty while it lasted though

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

The other half brought me home a KFC gravy mega box i think its called. Chips, a drumstick, a mini fillet, two spicy wings & gravy.

The grease on the back of my throat is making me feel ill, & I think I might be having a heart attack. It was tasty while it lasted though

KFC always seems very greasy. Cannot like it.

astraj wrote: »
    KFC always seems very greasy. Cannot like it.

I usually only ever get the little mini spicy wrap. I don't think I've ever had a whole meal from there. But I hadn't eaten all day other than coffee & a small cake on my lunch break, so I was really hungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

2 bowls of Crisp Rice, Dunne's Stores version of Rice Krispies

I cooked some ham, so had a ham and cheese sandwich on batch with a bag of Tayto. A toasted sausage butty for breakfast and the remains of last nights takeaway for lunch as in chicken curry, fried rice and chips. So fairly stuffed alright.:D

scrambled eggs with toast midnight snack :D and a movie.

A lovely ham salad sandwich and a mug of tay for lunch, must check the freezer now to decide on this evening's dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Stew for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

chicken noodle soup

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

When the weather gets s***
    Pasta, sundried tomato spinach and lindas sausage.
    Some veggies on the side. Liking the flavor from the roast celery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement