Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Coffee and laptop in bed, bath is ready and then going to demolish a big mixed grill with toast.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Coffee and laptop in bed, bath is ready and then going to demolish a big mixed grill with toast.

Rows Grower, sounds like a beautiful morning.

Could you post up your recipe for KFC again please??

Just for you Mystery Egg...

https://www.thesun.ie/money/3892162/how-to-make-kfc-at-home-as-we-reveal-the-secret-to-crispy-fried-chicken/

And actually just had a few mysterious eggs there myself with spring onion/cracked black pepper and smoked garlic and basil sausages, chestnut mushrooms and fried left over gratin potatoes.

Had more coffee too, feeling alive, bring it on world, I'm ready for the day!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Are they quails eggs RG? Looks delish.

Coffee, with toast and poached eggs here after being out at the driving range with the young lad. Need a hot shower now to get the heat back into me!

VW 1 wrote: »
    Are they quails eggs RG? Looks delish.

Coffee, with toast and poached eggs here after being out at the driving range with the young lad. Need a hot shower now to get the heat back into me!

Yeah, got a gift of 40 of them from a friend yesterday, as soon as our little flock of turkeys are out of the way I'll be replacing them with a few quail.

• Advertisement

Just for you Mystery Egg...

https://www.thesun.ie/money/3892162/how-to-make-kfc-at-home-as-we-reveal-the-secret-to-crispy-fried-chicken/

And actually just had a few mysterious eggs there myself with spring onion/cracked black pepper and smoked garlic and basil sausages, chestnut mushrooms and fried left over gratin potatoes.

Had more coffee too, feeling alive, bring it on world, I'm ready for the day!

Thanks a million. Will save the link this time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Mini selection box and cuppa tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Roast chicken & stuffed it. Mash, croquettes, mushy peas, carrots, a yorkshire & of course gravy. I can't even see straight I'm that stuffed myself

Surf and turf for the main event this evening.

Scallop in the shell in a white wine sauce with cheddar and bacon breadcrumbs courtesy of Lidl, sirloin steak with gratin potatoes, chips, peas and coleslaw and then a portion of homemade Tiramisu to finish it off.

Might as well have an Irish coffee now seeing as how there's fresh cream made.

Tough ol' station being stuck up a mountain in south Kerry.

It'll be a boiled egg again in the morning so in for a penny, in for a pound....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

No big deal stuff today. A bacon (not rashers) sandwich this morning with a few slices of cheddar cheese and mayo. A bag of Tayto with it. OJ to wash it down. A nice long walk in the cold fog with Mrs G followed. Upon the return, I peeled some spuds, carrots and parsnip. All were roasted in a post roast chicken juice. The girls loved it and mine looks good for later along with the chicken gravy.

I did a suppin a beer with football Sunday again. Another two weeks and its over anyway. Mixing it up here with some Frys chocolate creme and lager. But that dinner will be demolished soon enough.

It'll be a boiled egg again in the morning so in for a penny, in for a pound....

My Dad is over for breakfast in the morning as I have to drive him for a blood test. Once he's done Mrs G has a breakfast of sausages and fried eggs with batch loaf lined up!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My Dad is over for breakfast in the morning as I have to drive him for a blood test. Once he's done Mrs G has a breakfast of sausages and fried eggs with batch loaf lined up!

Treasure every moment dude, my Dad's first anniversary is in 4 weeks and I'd give my right arm to have him here.

Treasure every moment dude, my Dad's first anniversary is in 4 weeks and I'd give my right arm to have him here.

I do. 76 years old now. Needs a new hip and going for it. Still young at heart. He'll mill the breakfast and I'll make him some dinner later tomorrow after we hit Aldi for supplies, not that he gives a crap about Aldi.:D My mother will be with us also hobbling behind a trolley. Hospital lab with the bloods before that. His name is all over the chicken legs from tonights roast. He loves them with chips!

I'm thinking of a glass of cold bainne and some bread and butter with the dinner of roasties, chicken, roasted veg and decent gravy. It looks likely! Damn the sport. At this time of the year, I'd have usually had the din dins hours ago, a few pints out and a snack before the leaba. Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Bainne is Irish for milk yes? I struggle at times with English. I don't stand a chance with your native language,lol.Enjoy your time with your father and I pray his results are good.

Made a big batch of the mock KFC with onion rings and chestnut mushrooms, threw it in the oven then on low heat while I made chips and peppercorn sauce.

Young fella winded it the second he opened the front door so we had an early stretch or starve dinner and there's loads left for him to have another feast later.

A couple of cold bottles of Miller went down well with it, too stuffed for a dessert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo eatin' and drinkin' guys. I'm just a light-weight at the moment. Sipping light roast creamy sweetness. :D

The power is gone and you can't cook a feckin fillet steak over a candle.:eek: At least the beer was chilled.

Laters......I hope.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

The power is gone and you can't cook a feckin fillet steak over a candle.
    Yo Grandeeod. How about steak shish kebab? :)

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Grandeeod. How about steak shish kebab? :)

The plan was steak and chips with mushrooms and szechuan sauce. I'm holding out!

The plan was steak and chips with mushrooms and szechuan sauce. I'm holding out!
    Yum. Make extra Grandeeod. Slides plate over.

BBQ Pringles and gin and tonic while watching Die Hard.

BBQ Pringles and gin and tonic while watching Die Hard.

That is simply divine if I may say so in my poshest accent.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cottage pie :)

Club orange and Tayto cheese and onion now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Peel on crisps sea salt and black pepper with a beer.

I had homemade potato and shrimp chowder with a sourdough roll. Now enjoying a glass of Shiraz.

Pan fried pork chop, chips and baked beans. Skinny coke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Pan fried pork chop, chips and baked beans. Skinny coke.

Two slices of bread with that and your on a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Salad roll :)

Mug of Barry White and a choccy brownie.

Anyone seen Seph on this thread?

No

Who was the last person you gave out to and why?

Haha wrong thread!

Two slices of bread with that and your on a winner.

Funny you should say that. I had two slices of wholewheat brown bread with it.

Coffee cake and a deep, rich, black, dark roast. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Toast and fried eggs. All is good in the world.

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    Toast and fried eggs. All is good in the world.
    Yo Archeron. Slide those eggs between toast for sandwich. Add slices of cheese and ham. For awesome brekkie or lunch. Yum. :pac:

Spicy beef & veg curry with mexican rice, a few prawn crackers and a cold bottle of Miller. A large salted caramel cookie for dessert with more cold Miller.

Cully and Sully chicken and herb pie.

I have another piece of fillet steak here. (Aldi Angus two pack. 11 quid) I can freeze it or use it??

Mrs G is on my homemade Chilli drive over nachos with grated Mozza. Ms G had meatballs, mash and gravy. I am so getting into the whole Christmas vibe!:D

Spicy beef & veg curry with mexican rice, a few prawn crackers and a cold bottle of Miller. A large salted caramel cookie for dessert with more cold Miller.

India, Mexico, China and America, all in one meal :pac:

• Advertisement

With time on my hands today I made up some burgers with a local butchers steak mince. I stuffed them with Mozzarella and seasoned with salt and pepper. Thick and wide patties that were cooked slowly under the grill. Ms G had one on the seeded bun with ketchup. Me and Mrs G pack it with tomato, mixed leaves and mayo. Served up with Aldi skin on beef dripping chips. The cheese and mayo just spill out in your mouth.:D

Slurping a beer now.

Very fresh Italian baguette with smoked ham, shredded vintage cheddar, plum tomato and coleslaw. A big mug of Bovril with it for the day that's in it. 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Christmas Colin the caterpillar mini roll & a cuppa tea

Homemade mushroom and garlic chicken kiev with a rocket salad and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A mug of steaming hot coffee, with thick slices of a crusty pan , slathered in butter , fecking simple but can't be beaten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Boiled baby potatoes put in the oven for 15 minutes to crisp up. Chicken breast poached in chicken stock and seasoning. Lash of buther (butter) and salt on the spuds.

Followed by a mug of tea and a caramel toffypop biscuit.

Mash, Chicken Goujons and baked beans.

Chicken fries with hot sauce.

Jesus Christ I thought she'd never go to bed, snaky Brennan's bread sambo of smoked ham, sliced chicken, vintage cheddar and sliced cheddar with a bottle of Miller.

I'll be rumbled in the morning but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Just had a spice burger and beans for brekkie :pac: not the healthiest but was delish

• Advertisement
Advertisement