Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

One of the kiddos has eaten all the King :D

Packet of Frazzles instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

One of the kiddos has eaten all the King :D

Packet of Frazzled instead

haha :D:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Looking at the mange tout in Row's dinner reminds me of something.

One of my sisters and myself were bringing my niece and nephew out for food, I said I would order but she was like no, I will do it.

She ordered gun johns for the kids and some curry and mangey tooth for herself.
    She never lived it down, it went on for years the slagging. Hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Raspberry and apple Danish courtesy of Aldi. It was the size of a saucer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Seared venison, red, green and yellow peppers, chestnut and baby mushrooms, garlic, ginger, carrot, red onion, beef stock and a glug of red wine cooking away in the oven covered in tinfoil. Probably do a bit of mash with it. I'm starving thinking about it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Didn't bother with the mash afterwards, went old school.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Didn't bother with the mash afterwards, went old school.

Sorry RG but I'd have to get a few spuds into me with that and the bread!

Basic night here. A chicken fillet bun burger and fries for Ms G and a steak bun burger and fries for Mrs G.The great thing is both can be cooked in the oven on the same time, 30 odd minutes. Aldi was good to us today. Apart from the fab Danish pastries earlier, mini cheese cake tubs were consumed by the girls for dessert. Mine still awaits for after my din dins. As for my meal, I'm trying out this new "Chicken with Attitude" brand. Got a bag of their spicy Goujons today and I will have a few of them with fries and the new Chef chip shop curry sauce from a bottle. God bless Paul McGrath.:D It's really good stuff and very handy.

It's Monday. Not up early for work as not much exists, but up to get the online classes started with Ms G. So yep, I'm having a Rockshore or two for the craic.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sorry RG but I'd have to get a few spuds into me with that and the bread!

Basic night here. A chicken fillet bun burger and fries for Ms G and a steak bun burger and fries for Mrs G.The great thing is both can be cooked in the oven on the same time, 30 odd minutes. Aldi was good to us today. Apart from the fab Danish pastries earlier, mini cheese cake tubs were consumed by the girls for dessert. Mine still awaits for after my din dins. As for my meal, I'm trying out this new "Chicken with Attitude" brand. Got a bag of their spicy Goujons today and I will have a few of them with fries and the new Chef chip shop curry sauce from a bottle. God bless Paul McGrath.:D It's really good stuff and very handy.

It's Monday. Not up early for work as not much exists, but up to get the online classes started with Ms G. So yep, I'm having a Rockshore or two for the craic.

Amen to that!

His autobiography "Back from the brink" was the best book I ever read in my life.

Enjoy the few beers man.

earlier had my green veg smoothie,this evening i had pasta with chicken and one potato in a tomato sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagne and prawn crackers :)

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    earlier had my green veg smoothie,this evening i had pasta with chicken and one potato in a tomato sauce.

Keep it up Bassy and keep posting those meals. Feckin hell loads of us should be trying them. Believe it or not my fave low cal meal back in the day was ham, mash and cabbage. I was working on the Weight Watchers points plan and that particular one was a winner for me as I was really full after it. Oh and Bovril is great, but I think you already know that.:D

Amen to that!

His autobiography "Back from the brink" was the best book I ever read in my life.

Enjoy the few beers man.

A sad read in lots of parts, particularly the orphanage. Great to see him getting to be the face of a simple product that is my kinda sauce. I was in Dalymount the night he made his Ireland debut. Mad scenes against the Italians.:D An absolute legend. Keeping OT, another slug of Rockshore.:D

Keep it up Bassy and keep posting those meals. Feckin hell loads of us should be trying them. Believe it or not my fave low cal meal back in the day was ham, mash and cabbage. I was working on the Weight Watchers points plan and that particular one was a winner for me as I was really full after it. Oh and Bovril is great, but I think you already know that.:D

fella told me to keep potatos out of your diet,now im no expert in all this diet stuff and he said watch the sauces to particuraly the spicey or hot sauces.

im no expert at all,so would like views or opinion from any one who would know a lot more than me on what stuff to really avoid.

ah the bovril :) not had any today,actually forgot about it till you mentioned it :D

fella told me to keep potatos out of your diet,now im no expert in all this diet stuff and he said watch the sauces to particuraly the spicey or hot sauces.

im no expert at all,so would like views or opinion from any one who would know a lot more than me on what stuff to really avoid.

ah the bovril :) not had any today,actually forgot about it till you mentioned it :D

Its all very simple Bassy. Eat less calories and exercise. Avoid full fat dairy, sweets and takeaway. Spuds are harmless and whoever said that to you is on a zero carbs buzz. Keep the rice along with the spuds but in moderation. Reduce the portion sizes. But I do agree that sauces can be dubious. I learned how to enjoy dinners without them. I stuck rigidly to the diet and after a couple of months I could enjoy a carvery dinner once a week with an apple tart and cream dessert without any guilt or effect.

I was 17 stone and got down to 13 stone in 9 months. But I was using the then Weight Watchers programme without buying their crap food. Count the calories and exercise at least 5 days a week. If you want to enjoy a beer at the weekend count it into the calorie intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A sad read in lots of parts, particularly the orphanage. Great to see him getting to be the face of a simple product that is my kinda sauce. I was in Dalymount the night he made his Ireland debut. Mad scenes against the Italians.:D An absolute legend. Keeping OT, another slug of Rockshore.:D

My dad did several stints in St. Pat's over the years battling the booze and at one stage was on the same ward as ooh ah Paul McGrath..said ooh ah Paul MaGrath (sorry, I couldn't resist!). He said he was a gentleman and very warm and open. He sat in a circle and bared his soul with all the other men and didn't expect any special treatment. God bless him, hope he stays on the wagon.

On topic, there's not much I'm not eating these days...seem to cave to every whim. Munching a crisp sandwich as I browse just eat and watch Masterchef. Food has become my entire world :)

Porklife wrote: »
    My dad did several stints in St. Pat's over the years battling the booze and at one stage was on the same ward as ooh ah Paul McGrath..said ooh ah Paul MaGrath (sorry, I couldn't resist!). He said he was a gentleman and very warm and open. He sat in a circle and bared his soul with all the other men and didn't expect any special treatment. God bless him, hope he stays on the wagon.

On topic, there's not much I'm not eating these days...seem to cave to every whim. Munching a crisp sandwich as I browse just eat and watch Masterchef. Food has become my entire world :)

A lovely post Porklife. Thanks for sharing it. The irony of me having a beer and talking about Paul. I'm heading for the freezer to try out these Chicken with Attitude Spicy Goujons. The Chef Curry sauce is chilling in the fridge.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Homemade flatbread( just flour and yogurt mixed together to make the dough ) topped with leftover lamb heated up with sumac topped with feta, red onion, tomato cucumber, and a mint lemony yogurt dressing.

lovely and very cheap.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Homemade flatbread( just flour and yogurt mixed together to make the dough ) topped with leftover lamb heated up with sumac topped with feta, red onion, tomato cucumber, and a mint lemony yogurt dressing.

lovely and very cheap.

Sounds lovely alright and cheap is good. I've been making great dinners cheaply for years, but the last 10 months have been extra special.:D

lovely and very cheap.

That sounds amazing! I wouldn't have thought flatbread is flour and yogurt. Love sumac with feta. How am I still hungry:@)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Porklife wrote: »
    That sounds amazing! I wouldn't have thought flatbread is flour and yogurt. Love sumac with feta. How am I still hungry:@)

Very easy to make an equal amount of flour and yogurt to make the dough let it rest for a while, very hot pan. kinda based on Paratha.

• Advertisement

Very easy to make an equal amount of flour and yogurt to make the dough let it rest for a while, very hot pan. kinda based on Paratha.

That's great to know, thank you! Flatbread with various dips and whatnot is right up my street:)

Those spicy goujons were feckin fabulous lads. Some kick off them. The lemon cheese cake pots from Aldi were great too! What a happy eatin and drinkin night this was!:D

Those spicy goujons were feckin fabulous lads. Some kick off them. The lemon cheese cake pots from Aldi were great too! What a happy eatin and drinkin night this was!:D

Don't you mean gun johns? :pac:

Ok I'll stop now.

I had tea, going to make a toasted special I think. Cutting down big time, no take aways burgers nothing in over a month.

Don't you mean gun johns? :pac:

Ok I'll stop now.

I had tea, going to make a toasted special I think. Cutting down big time, no take aways burgers nothing in over a month.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

I ended up having Jalfrezi from Bombay Pantry. It was ok supposed to be a healthy option.

I ended up having Jalfrezi from Bombay Pantry. It was ok supposed to be a healthy option.

the old tv program open all hours,you eat all hours :D

the old tv program open all hours,you eat all hours :D

I have a habit of eating late. It's not good really. I thought it was about 11pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Some comfort food today. Scrambled egg on brown bap with gouda. Bangers and mash, the linda mc veggie type. Had a bowl of wedgies and sriracha mayo.
    And that was my Miserable Monday

Nothing miserable about that, the wedges look good.

• Advertisement

I have a habit of eating late. It's not good really. I thought it was about 11pm :(

im only having the crack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭trashcan

The Chef Curry sauce is chilling in the fridge.:D

What’s that stuff like ? Worth investing in ? I’m partial to a bit of curry sauce with my chips. Usually make it myself though. Best thing I’ve found to make it with is S&B Golden Curry sauce. It’s Japanese curry sauce, very tasty. Comes in cubes which you dissolve. Also does nicely for Katsu curry.

im only having the crack :)

No worries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Some comfort food today.

Looks like a perfect day of food IrishLad.

I love the presentation of the wedges with the salad mixed into them. So simple but looks so appetising. I'll be stealing that idea ;)

Sriracha mayo is the bizz too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Have kebab on the slow cooker for the dinner in the morning. Get a clean run at the day.

trashcan wrote: »
    What’s that stuff like ? Worth investing in ? I’m partial to a bit of curry sauce with my chips. Usually make it myself though. Best thing I’ve found to make it with is S&B Golden Curry sauce. It’s Japanese curry sauce, very tasty. Comes in cubes which you dissolve. Also does nicely for Katsu curry.

The Chef bottle sauce is worth a punt but more as a dipping sauce. Works for me as I tend not to pour curry sauce over my chips. I dip instead. There's a version that you make in a pot. If it tastes like the bottle version then its also worth trying.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on my Tassimo coffee machine from Curry's. Never again will I give them my custom, disaster of a company with worse customer service.

In the meantime just got served some coffee to enjoy in bed while on the laptop. Tough ol' station.

Still waiting on my Tassimo coffee machine from Curry's. Never again will I give them my custom, disaster of a company with worse customer service.

In the meantime just got served some coffee to enjoy in bed while on the laptop. Tough ol' station.

Read all about it in the CI thread this morning. I'm waiting on a fridge freezer. Due on the 27th. Not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

They are the worst, Harvey Normans is better place to shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

In work. Just got a microwave in our office today!

In anticipation I brought a lovely home made burger leftover from last night's dinner and I've constructed it here with a nice fresh brioche bun, some cheese, onions and ketchup. Munching at my desk. Happy days. And nobody here to complain about my onion breath! :pac:

Toasted ham, cheese and onion sandwich :) Got those toastie bags and they are the business :);

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Off topic a bit but I have had good experiences with Power City lately, with next day delivery on two separate orders - a dishwasher and a freezer. I don't know if they deliver to your counties but I would consider cancelling your other orders and switching if so.

I did that when DID Electrical messed me around.

Bought a burger press and tried it out today, had oven baked burgers stuffed with smoked cheese on a brioche bun, chips, mushrooms, coleslaw and cherry tomatoes.
    I started getting things ready about 2pm and after all the effort forgot to take a picture of it but it was very nice. Shared a bottle of red with it.

Got the phone out for the dessert alright, hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and apologies to bassy.

Cottage pie for dinner :)

Bought a burger press and tried it out today, had oven baked burgers stuffed with smoked cheese on a brioche bun, chips, mushrooms, coleslaw and cherry tomatoes.
    I started getting things ready about 2pm and after all the effort forgot to take a picture of it but it was very nice. Shared a bottle of red with it.

Got the phone out for the dessert alright, hot chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and apologies to bassy.

haha

im just after seeing your desert rows lol but im cool,one must resist :)

had my green veg smoothie earlier,in the process now of steaming up chicken,onions,green beans,carrots and rice.have replaced salt with knorrs aromat purpose savoury seasoning quite nice :) now im off to check how its all doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffee black. Croissant with Kerry Gold. This Irish butter is super!

Local butcher sausages with mash and beans for the ladies in my life. I opted for a small sirloin with mash, mushrooms and onions. Had the last of those Aldi lemon cheesecake pots.

There is some drama here tonight. We have run out of chipstix.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Few cans Guinness
    Ham sandwich with pinch salt
    And couple of potato waffles in toaster now :-)

My homemade meatballs, chips and mushy peas. Now its Wednesday night beers and Mrs G is joining me for the first time. Woo Hoo!:D

Piri piri chicken thighs and drumsticks from the freezer with homemade gratin potatoes, nice enough but the longer these lockdowns go on the more critical we are becoming of shop bought cook and serve products. Could be the caveman in me too just missing red meat after not having any for 24 hours.

More of the same dessert as yesterday and a slow cold can of Molson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement