Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

almost forgot,G would be impressed wityh this :)

https://ibb.co/GR6D1zX

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Bought a load of Oysters yesterday so need to get some lemon for them for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

bassy wrote: »
    almost forgot,G would be impressed wityh this :)

https://ibb.co/GR6D1zX

Good man bassy. Can't beat a pint of bainne!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heading off on a hike shortly so filling up. I had a fierce appetite on me this morning.

GOPR0080.jpg

did you grill them,looks like you did as the look very clean as in no oil or grease about them.

did you grill them,looks like you did as the look very clean as in no oil or grease about them.

Yep, I grilled them and I even pat them down with a bit of kitchen roll before serving up. The egg and tomato were done in the pan with a drop of extra virgin olive oil. Everything from Aldi except the egg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Toasted wrap with cherry tomatoes, red peppers and loads of Charleville cheese and some light mayo.

I know I sound really boring with my wrap but they are so versatile. You can put anything in them, they always turn out tasty. The nicest wraps are the tomato ones from Tesco.

Chocolate brownie and a glass of bainne. A warm bed awaits!

I know I sound really boring with my wrap but they are so versatile. You can put anything in them, they always turn out tasty. The nicest wraps are the tomato ones from Tesco.

you have pretty much wrapped it up there Surrep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heading off on a hike shortly so filling up. I had a fierce appetite on me this morning.

GOPR0080.jpg

That looks epic man, we had something a long the same lines as that this morning at 9.30 when we got back from our early morning walk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Chicken fajita with flatbread etc.

lT3tx56.jpg

wcUJam4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Roast chicken breast stuffed with cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

rice,chicken,green beans and asparagas and pint of boinne

https://ibb.co/zGgHTFc

Roast chicken breast stuffed with cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon.

That takes me back to a prepared dish Tesco did many many years ago. Winter 2010. Buried in snow. Their version was stuffed with Mozzie cheese. Got addicted to it with a baked spud and coleslaw. Gonna make that soon. Is the cheddar more intense?
    rice,chicken,green beans and asparagas and pint of boinne

https://ibb.co/zGgHTFc

The pint of milk is the hearty wash down.

Tonight I made another roast dinner with Chicken. The girls requested it. I've opted for a beef stir fry and chips. The beef was doing the velvet thing in the fridge for a few hours. Lift off shortly.

I made a type of fish and potato salad, which is cooling down in the fridge.

Tuna, kippers, potatoes, capers, onions, mayo and herbs.

I will have it with rye bread and salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pasta with pesto and garlic bread .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Had thai style stir fried chicken with fried rice and tempura prawns. Mighty tack.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

aldi chicken tagliatelle with potatoes and pint of boinne :)

A corned beef salad sandwich from the Deli.
    I now exist primarily as a sandwich.

• Advertisement

I hit Aldi today along with a few other places to get bargains. That's the shopping done!

Treated myself to some Raspberry and apple danish things for a post shop treat because when I entered the kitchen this morning I had an idea. A few rashers with beans on toast. Nope! Ms G had milled the last of the rashers.:D I slipped down the local deli for a 3 quid sausage/rasher/hash brown sambo. I had a mad appetite. This evening I having a very simple steak and fries meal with a splash of gravy. The earlier Danish was lovely.

GOPR0102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Lasagne with garlic bread on the side and the last of the coleslaw. Always tastes better when you haven't had to cook it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I'm also a walking slice of bread lately. I don't feel like cooking that much so everything is being eaten in wrap or sandwich form.
    Today I had a breakfast burrito for lunch. When i say burrito, i mean scrambled eggs and avocado in a wrap.
    Dinner was a dinner burrito aka ham and cheese in a wrap:p

0e0a1a71e4a27c8b10f43cc3b71ff260.jpg

cannot see you right Surrep :D

cannot see you right Surrep :D

That's Porklife. She's a walking slice of bread.

• Advertisement

no comment your not getting me in trouble :D

Spot on..you even nailed my goofy smile and skittle bread hat :)

I mostly live on the combo of protein, vegetables along with bread.

Whoever said a sandwich is not "proper dinner"?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I mostly live on the combo of protein, vegetables along with bread.

Whoever said a sandwich is not "proper dinner"?

I went to this rake thin Dietician before and she said I was allowed 5 portions of carb a day. And one glass of wine a week!
    Yeah the bread thing worked out not too sure about the wine though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Porklife wrote: »
    Spot on..you even nailed my goofy smile and skittle bread hat :)

Sorry Porklife. I always assumed that you were a guy because of your avatar.

I had a lovely treet today of a coffee slice and a nice artisan armericano coffee, Black with no sugar. It's was from a small cafe that does really good hand crafted treats

• Advertisement

beerguts wrote: »
    Sorry Porklife. I always assumed that you were a guy because of your avatar.

I had a lovely treet today of a coffee slice and a nice artisan armericano coffee, Black with no sugar. It's was from a small cafe that does really good hand crafted treats

Haha alot of people assume im a guy but i just love the Simpsons and find that avatar funny:)

Now i have a massive hankering for a coffee slice. That's gonna be my mission tomorrow, to find a bakery and indulge in a coffee slice..might even go nuts and get an eclair while I'm at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Haha alot of people assume im a guy but i just love the Simpsons and find that avatar funny:)

Now i have a massive hankering for a coffee slice. That's gonna be my mission tomorrow, to find a bakery and indulge in a coffee slice..might even go nuts and get an eclair while I'm at it!
    Just an eclair as in just 1. Surely you meant the plural éclairs!!! Very hard to eat just one imo. A minimum of 2 must be had. This along with the coffee slice.

I made a type of fish and potato salad, which is cooling down in the fridge.

Tuna, kippers, potatoes, capers, onions, mayo and herbs.

I will have it with rye bread and salad.

Pita rather than rye, capers on the side. Added roasted red pepper too.

30AwuCp.jpg

Not interested in cooking at all these days, so probably random bits again.

I had fresh mozzarella and roasted tomato pasta with sun dried tomato sauce for dinner. I got it in Centra. They have lovely fresh filled pastas under the Inspired range

I had fresh mozzarella and roasted tomato pasta with sun dried tomato sauce for dinner. I got it in Centra. They have lovely fresh filled pastas under the Inspired range

When I get back into cooking (tomorrow!), I'm going to make a chorizo/veg/cannellini bean stew/sauce to go with wholemeal pasta.

I think my diet would appear to some as punishment, I just like austere food! :D

The weather would turn ya. Looking out today, it was just like winter. So I made a beef casserole and mash. I threw carrots, mushrooms, onions, peas and cubed baby spuds into it. Jaysus lads the plates were polished. Ms G even asked for a slice of buttered bread to mop up the juices.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Play Misty For Me Java. (dark, rich, mysterious) :eek:

Fathom wrote: »
    Play Misty For Me Java.

(dark, rich, mysterious) :eek:

I'd say there's both eatin' and drinkin' in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

Plain eggs with bread... I am hungry... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'd say there's both eatin' and drinkin' in that!
    Yo igCorcaigh. You triggered my imagination. Many possible meanings to your post. :cool:

• Advertisement

Good old fashioned fry up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

It looks like English breakfast ! :D

When I get back into cooking (tomorrow!), I'm going to make a chorizo/veg/cannellini bean stew/sauce to go with wholemeal pasta.

I think my diet would appear to some as punishment, I just like austere food! :D

It sounds nice. I tried whole wheat pasta but I didn't like it. It's a much healthier alternative though as told to me by another nutritionist.

Yum. Black pepper on eggs is lovely. I just bought that hot sauce. Haven't opened it yet though.

Deli chicken salad tonight.

It's most definitely stew weather G

It's most definitely stew weather G

bovril

Yum. Black pepper on eggs is lovely. I just bought that hot sauce. Haven't opened it yet though.

It's lovely and actually has a little kick.

Sometimes a fry just hits the spot.

What makes it English Arthur?

It sounds nice. I tried whole wheat pasta but I didn't like it. It's a much healthier alternative though as told to me by another nutritionist.

Try the Barilla whole-wheat pasta. Barely a difference, but I prefer the slight sturdier al dente thing.

But it is just a matter of what you find is right.

If I were having, maybe seafood, with pasta, then always white.
    Same with a simple cacio pepe thing, or onions in tomato. Always white pasta.

Anything with beans and vegetables, rustic, I would go with wholemeal.

Basically, I think each is good, and I would never force "nutrient" doctors to change my recipe!

• Advertisement

bovril

Jesus I haven't had that since I was about 15. My mam and dad always had some in the house. My dad especially drank it with some bread for dipping. It's very hearty drinking

Advertisement