Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Porklife wrote: »
    Good old fashioned fry up :)

Can't beat a fry up Porklife. Looks great. I may try it for dinner instead of breakie.
    It's most definitely stew weather G

Oh you bet S. Already planning tomorrow's casserole!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Jesus I haven't had that since I was about 15. My mam and dad always had some in the house. My dad especially drank it with some bread for dipping. It's very hearty drinking

I tried to love it.
    It's like marmite, yeah?

I think it has a place, but, mmm maybe not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Can't beat a fry up Porklife. Looks great. I may try it for dinner instead of breakie.

Oh you bet S. Already planning tomorrow's casserole!

Haha its your fry up picture from the weekend that inspired my fry G! I forgot the bacon though which funnily is what i liked most about your fry :)

Jesus I haven't had that since I was about 15. My mam and dad always had some in the house. My dad especially drank it with some bread for dipping. It's very hearty drinking

Bovril is a complete epic weight loss treat. I used it with Weight Watchers bread many moons ago late at night when I got the munchies. It replaced the Spice Bag!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bovril is a complete epic weight loss treat. I used it with Weight Watchers bread many moons ago late at night when I got the munchies. It replaced the Spice Bag!:eek:

Is it? I might pick some up next time. It's very filling for sure. I drink a lot of hot cups, I like my hot drinks

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Not interested in cooking at all these days, so probably random bits again.

Random stuff.

But I can recommend the herring in pepper sauce, canned from Lidl, I just added onions and cooked it slowly. Very nice.

8BmSX0L.jpg

I added hazelnuts (Lidl) and more red pepper with the oil from the fish on potatoes, and it was unreal! :D

Sometimes random food is the best thing when you are hungry.

I'm having a can of Carlsberg. Said I wouldn't drink but going to get an early night hopefully. The drudgery of work continues

I'm having a can of Carlsberg. Said I wouldn't drink but going to get an early night hopefully. The drudgery of work continues

It does. :(
    Try to enjoy every moment.

There is always food!

Is it? I might pick some up next time. It's very filling for sure. I drink a lot of hot cups, I like my hot drinks

Absolutely S. Bovril is the weight loss fill up friend, I was always a late night feeder due to work and when I had dinner at a normal time, I went with Bovril late at night. It works. That said I eat late at night sometimes, but counter balance it with what I have eaten during the day.

I was 29 and started the WWs plan. I lost 4 stone in 7 months with walking and jogging and meal planning. I'm nearly 50 now and the weight is still off. Can be done.

Absolutely S. Bovril is the weight loss fill up friend, I was always a late night feeder due to work and when I had dinner at a normal time, I went with Bovril late at night. It works. That said I eat late at night sometimes, but counter balance it with what I have eaten during the day.

I was 29 and started the WWs plan. I lost 4 stone in 7 months with walking and jogging and meal planning. I'm nearly 50 now and the weight is still off. Can be done.

I already lost 5kg. I'm hoping my doc will chase up my consultants for some med changes to help. I do know people who went to WW and it does work. I don't really eat a lot. Going to pick up some Bovril. I used to love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Do you notice any difference in Carlsberg since the pilsner is on the can. ? It used to be nicer .

cj maxx wrote: »
    Do you notice any difference in Carlsberg since the pilsner is on the can. ? It used to be nicer .

No? I think it is fine. Was there a big change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No? I think it is fine. Was there a big change?

I think so. I used to enjoy Carlsberg but it doesn't taste quite the same now:(

I'll second that.

Take two :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Take two :)

546655.jpg

Forgot the rashers again :(

:D

0lddog wrote: »
    546655.jpg

Forgot the rashers again :(

Haha..i know!! :D

Cup of tea and some Terry chocolate orange left over from Christmas

That fry looks epic

Donegal battered cod, it was greasy. I think the Tesco one is nicer and half the price.

• Advertisement

It tastes ok to me but each to their own.

Sausage casserole with mash this evening. Onions and mushrooms in the mix. Next time I might add some baked beans on the side. Chocolate brownies for dessert. Simple and damn tasty.

Donegal battered cod, it was greasy. I think the Tesco one is nicer and half the price.

I haven't had that problem myself with Donegal catch. Have you tried the Young's version?

I haven't had that problem myself with Donegal catch. Have you tried the Young's version?

I have yes, it's decent enough. I like the Tesco one best though. I didn't cook it from frozen it had defrosted so maybe that's what happened

I have yes, it's decent enough. I like the Tesco one best though. I didn't cook it from frozen it had defrosted so maybe that's what happened

That's it alright. As the bag says, best cooked from frozen. Personally I only buy Donegal or Young's. I've tried Aldi and Lidl and didn't rate them. I had to send a search party to look for the fish.:D Never tried the Tesco version.

That's it alright. As the bag says, best cooked from frozen. Personally I only buy Donegal or Young's. I've tried Aldi and Lidl and didn't rate them. I had to send a search party to look for the fish.:D Never tried the Tesco version.

The Lidl one is ok but I can't 100% remember as I had it a good while back. I think Dunnes have a few good varieties. Now that I think of it the Young's have a salt pepper battered version which is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

air fryed chips,rice steamed chicken asparagus and soy sauce,pint of boinne :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

2-Viennoiseries. Bakery at coffeehouse stepping up. With French patisseries.

Fathom wrote: »
    2-Viennoiseries. Bakery at coffeehouse stepping up. With French patisseries.

Get the pics going Fathom.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A couple of crispy duck legs with gratin potatoes and baked veg. And a bottle of Merlot.

Much prefer the duck legs to the breast or whole duck, way less fat in them.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Much prefer the duck legs to the breast or whole duck, way less fat in them.
    Yo Rows Grower. I've never had duck legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Oh God.

Meanwhile I’ve a new casual fetish for fishfingers (5) with ketchup and either a quiona and kale burgers or a sweet potato and chili ‘ burger’ with properly hot Asian sweet chili sauce. Fresh Pineapple for ‘desert’

Not very grown up but you can lie in bed eating them in the sunshine and not make a mess! Shamelessly quite tasty too. No mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Two fried eggs topped with chorizo and oven chips soaked in malt vinegar

And a fried egg topped with kibble for the dog (otherwise I would be hounded while eating my dinner!)

chili ‘ burger’
    That reads yummy JustAThought. :)

Oh God.

Meanwhile I’ve a new casual fetish for fishfingers (5) with ketchup and either a quiona and kale burgers or a sweet potato and chili ‘ burger’ with properly hot Asian sweet chili sauce. Fresh Pineapple for ‘desert’

Not very grown up but you can lie in bed eating them in the sunshine and not make a mess! Shamelessly quite tasty too. No mess.

What is this sunshine you speak of?

My go to dish as a kid and sometimes now as an adult is fish fingers mashed with butter and ketchup on buttered breed. Sounds gross but there's something soothing about it.

We used to also make 'spaghetti bolognese' by mixing tins of heinz spaghetti with tins of meatballs. I used to feel so Italian and sophisticated! :-)

• Advertisement

What is this sunshine you speak of?

My go to dish as a kid and sometimes now as an adult is fish fingers mashed with butter and ketchup on buttered breed. Sounds gross but there's something soothing about it.

We used to also make 'spaghetti bolognese' by mixing tins of heinz spaghetti with tins of meatballs. I used to feel so Italian and sophisticated! :-)

My first magic memory of fish fingers was not at home but eating out.:eek: BHS in O'Connell Street, Dublin. It was around 1980, not long after it opened. Second floor if I remember correctly. Fish fingers, beans and chips on a paper plate. Diluted orange with it from a machine. What a treat! The same building houses Penny's these days. The BHS self service restaurant, replaced the Woolworths one for us as it was cheaper. But the Woolworths restaurant on Henry street was a real posh job! (Not really. But when people hadn't a pot to piss in, it seemed like that.):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Two fried eggs topped with chorizo and oven chips soaked in malt vinegar

And a fried egg topped with kibble for the dog (otherwise I would be hounded while eating my dinner!)

Lucky Dawg :)

I found a €50 note that may belong to you. What did you say was your address ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I used to mill those tinned meatballs when I was younger :P

I'm not a fan of tinned spaghetti so I never gave them to my own kiddos. The little snobs turn theirs noses up at the thoughts of anyone eating something like that :D:D:o

I used to mill those tinned meatballs when I was younger :P

I'm not a fan of tinned spaghetti so I never gave them to my own kiddos. The little snobs turn theirs noses up at the thoughts of anyone eating something like that :D:D:o

Nice on days when you are too lazy even to boil pasta - with oregano for added poshness & ‘authentic Italian’ feel!!

For When I used occasionally run out of dogfood I’d have an emergency tin of (HUMAN) Lidl Meatballs in the press. One day I was giving them to dog as a huge treat and they smelt tasty!! tried them heated up - new secret forbidden sin! They were surprisingly tasty! Sssh! Don’t tell anyone! No doubt I’ll grow another hand or ear soon!

I had Fry Bentos meatballs a few days ago. No regrets.

• Advertisement

I had Fry Bentos meatballs a few days ago. No regrets.

Forbidden occasional pleasures! No witnesses!

Nice on days when you are too lazy even to boil pasta - with oregano for added poshness & ‘authentic Italian’ feel!!

For When I used occasionally run out of dogfood I’d have an emergency tin of (HUMAN) Lidl Meatballs in the press. One day I was giving them to dog as a huge treat and they smelt tasty!! tried them heated up - new secret forbidden sin! They were surprisingly tasty! Sssh! Don’t tell anyone! No doubt I’ll grow another hand or ear soon!

Haha... your secret shame..like Homer eating the flowers :p
    My forbidden sin ended when i read the list of ingredients on the back of the tin. Lets just say for something called meatballs there's very little meat 🀮🀢
    I also remember biting into one and the texture was like slimey jelly. Dog food probably has more actual food in it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had chicken and mushroom noodles with a couple of cans of Karpackie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Rows Grower. I've never had duck legs.

Then you need to expand your culinary adventures Fathom, they are well worth a try. Just bake in the oven until dark and crispy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

A chicken and rocket sandwich with some coleslaw on the side.

G off topic. My PC is updating Windows 10 and it's just gone off and not starting. Do I leave it or plug out and turn it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Black pudding on toast with a mug of coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭joficeduns1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Black pudding on toast with a mug of coffee.

Good morning to you so!

Planning a linguine aglio e olio this evening, followed by gin.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Black pudding on toast

I have never tried this!
    Sounds delicious...

Genius!

G off topic. My PC is updating Windows 10 and it's just gone off and not starting. Do I leave it or plug out and turn it on?

Sorry S. Went offline. Did it resolve itself. Usually restarts automatically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement