Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sorry S. Went offline. Did it resolve itself. Usually restarts automatically.

I'm at 90% being tortured 3 hours later.

Had golden syrup porridge with fresh raspberries.
    Toast with pure peanut butter
    Packet of salt vinegar snacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Two stuffed chicken thighs with baby roast potatoes, peas and peppercorn sauce.

Thank God it's Friday, vodka and cranberry juice very shortly once I finish this pesky glass of merlot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I have never tried this!
    Sounds delicious...

Genius!

Black pudding on toast is awesome. I've been doing it since I was a child. Please try it.:)

Having an early scoop. Enjoying bassys fave, Carling.:D Cheapest stuff on the shelf. What can you do! Ordering a durty Chicken Curry, fried rice and chips later.

Black pudding on toast is awesome. I've been doing it since I was a child. Please try it.:)

Having an early scoop. Enjoying bassys fave, Carling.:D Cheapest stuff on the shelf. What can you do! Ordering a durty Chicken Curry, fried rice and chips later.

Did you get the 20 euro slab of Carling in Lidl?

Did you get the 20 euro slab of Carling in Lidl?

I sure did! Only two left in my branch after I grabbed mine.:D

I sure did! Only two left in my branch after I grabbed mine.:D

They had Molston as well, did you see any? Great job on getting some. I don't really like Carling but I'd drink it if there was no other choice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Toast with pure peanut butter
    Add Kerry Gold to this. Yum!

Fathom wrote: »

No I don't think I'd fancy it. It's very rich the peanut butter on its own

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'm hooked on Kerry Gold. Spread or add it to lots of things.

• Advertisement

No, just no.

A pure and utter waste of Kerrygold.

It's got to be one or the other in my honest opinion.

Anyone that does this is probably one of the same people who put jam on bread and butter, pineapple on pizza or have mushy peas or beans with mash.

I don't know what's wrong with these people but it disturbs me.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

They had Molston as well, did you see any? Great job on getting some. I don't really like Carling but I'd drink it if there was no other choice.

Molson all gone when I got there S, that's why I got the Carling. Prefer the Canadian.:D

I'm hooked on Kerry Gold. Spread or add it to lots of things.

It is nice.
    I like it on baked potatoes. I try not to use it too often!
    Just that peanut butter has nothing added to it so it's thick and quite filling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No, just no.

Anyone that does this is probably one of the same people who put jam on bread and butter, pineapple on pizza or have mushy peas or beans with mash.

I used to like you :D

I do all of the above :D

This evenings dinner was Mashed potatoes, beans and fish nuggets (Tesco brand) :)

No, just no.

Now hang the fook on there RG.:D There's nothing wrong with mushy peas or beans with mash. Both were built for it. That's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

A half bag of ‘organic’ Brazil nuts that I found yesterday down the back of the couch. I think its playmates from down the back of the couch canel out its organic-ness.

And the tray of 3 types of melon slices for e2 from Supervalue.

Balancing my fishfingers out before tomorrow planned somethingorother maybe takeaway feast!

• Advertisement

A half bag of ‘organic’ Brazil nuts that I found yesterday down the back of the couch. I think its playmates from down the back of the couch canel out its organic-ness.

And the tray of 3 types of melon slices for e2 from Supervalue.

Balancing my fishfingers out before tomorrow planned somethingorother maybe takeaway feast!

What is your go to take away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I had Fry Bentos meatballs a few days ago. No regrets.

Every 18-24months I'll 'treat' myself to a jar of Prince's chicken and ham 'Pate' for the nostalgia :D Have it on fresh crusty bread with butter and that paste on top

I don't dare look at the ingredients. & luckily its only a tiny jar, so I've not grown any extra limbs myself yet :o:D

Cup of the usual - tea, to wash down two Grainne's (aldi) raspberry butterfly cakes

I guess there are some things folks should not spread Kerry Gold upon. Like what Jonathan Swift suggested that the British upper classes eat in his 1729 modest proposal satirical essay? Did the Brits actually place a bounty on Swift's head after his essay was published?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

No, just no.

Yummy.

You could go gourmet and add banana on to that sandwich too make it even extra special :P

*also, jam and banana on a croissant is the bizz too*

I guess there are some things folks should not spread Kerry Gold upon. Like what Jonathan Swift suggested that the British upper classes eat in his 1729 modest proposal satirical essay? Did the Brits actually place a bounty on Swift's head after his essay was published?

Have you a link when you have the time? I haven't read it.
    I'm just having can of coke. I used to love that paste Sinead. It was in our house often

• Advertisement

Have you a link when you have the time? I haven't read it.
    Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift. Tongue-in-cheek satire. Born Dublin.

Every 18-24months I'll 'treat' myself to a jar of Prince's chicken and ham 'Pate' for the nostalgia :D Have it on fresh crusty bread with butter and that paste on top

I don't dare look at the ingredients. & luckily its only a tiny jar, so I've not grown any extra limbs myself yet :o:D

Cup of the usual - tea, to wash down two Grainne's (aldi) raspberry butterfly cakes

Sandwich spread! Never ever look at the ingredients. I remember seaside trips in the 80s with that stuff.:D Tasted brill.:eek:

Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift. Tongue-in-cheek satire. Born Dublin.

I got through half of it, satire indeed. Pass the gravy :pac:

I got through half of it, satire indeed. Pass the gravy :pac:
    Best known as author of another, much larger satire: Gulliver's Travels. Reading larger work goes well with pint of Guinness and beef pot pie. :pac: :D On call. Work. Laters.

Sandwich spread! Never ever look at the ingredients. I remember seaside trips in the 80s with that stuff.:D Tasted brill.:eek:

I love the stuff :D. Have a jar of it in the fridge ;)

Best known as author of another, much larger satire: Gulliver's Travels.

Reading larger work goes well with pint of Guinness and beef pot pie. :pac:

:D

On call. Work. Laters.

I know about him, I studied English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Autosport wrote: »
    I used to like you :D

I do all of the above :D

This evenings dinner was Mashed potatoes, beans and fish nuggets (Tesco brand) :)

Oh yum!

Late night snack here of brown toast, butter, marmalade and honey - all supervalu… Perfection! Wonder if they do fish nuggets... never had them. But the price of fish..

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

I've ate a while 6 pack of meanies and I am dam proud of myself too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had a lasagna followed by a rake of cans.

beerguts wrote: »
    I've ate a while 6 pack of meanies and I am dam proud of myself too

Never heard of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I have never tried this!
    Sounds delicious...

Genius!

Sorry was glitched out again !
    Try it , I love it , handy and very tasty !

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh yum!

Late night snack here of brown toast, butter, marmalade and honey - all supervalu… Perfection! Wonder if they do fish nuggets... never had them. But the price of fish..

I’ve only ever seen them in Tesco but the next time I’m in SuperValu I’ll check :)

Glass of water

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sorry was glitched out again !
    Try it , I love it , handy and very tasty !

Is the pudding Cooked or uncooked ? I’m thinking I need to visit a supermarket :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh yum!

I don't know what people did before the microwave bags for fish . I'm eating it more because of the handiness. 2-3 minutes in the microwave, cooked perfectly.

cj maxx wrote: »
    I don't know what people did before the microwave bags for fish . I'm eating it more because of the handiness. 2-3 minutes in the microwave, cooked perfectly.

microwave bags? New to me and I cannot afford fish..used to love smoked coley…. MUST order fish fingers this week; thanks for the reminder. I just fry them. Smoked coley! That is magical food....

When they sent me that wondrous hamper at Christmas there was a selection bag of rashers, sausages and slices of what you call " pudding" so erroneously … PUDDING is jam roley poly etc....

One small bite - and it went to the cats... They were not keen either! The outdoor cats were less choosy and scoffed the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I know about him, I studied English.

You’d never guess

• Registered Users Posts: 17 meggiemegmeg

A full tea pot of tea to myself, brown bread with Bernard Gibneys Strawberry and Vanilla Jam. The breakfast of kings.

I adore that jam. I just finished my last pot. I need to get more...

Jesus I haven't thought about chicken and ham spread for decades, I'd pay good money right now for a jar of that.

Oh the memories of the proper fresh white bread with Kerrygold and then spreading that pink addiction all over it like an artist at work. I can nearly hear me Mam in the background saying "take it easy with that you, there's other people in the house you know".

Pint of water with two fizzy multi vitamin tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Autosport wrote: »
    Is the pudding Cooked or uncooked ? I’m thinking I need to visit a supermarket :D

Cooked Auto, I cut the slices thick , then squash them a little onto the toast . Head to the supermarket!

Coffee here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

About to get up to make a full Irish with superquinn sausages , Sean’s brown bread and a large cup of tae.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Could never find this.

Is Dunnes Simply Better black pudding OK?

Having demolished all the sweet stuff I bought last order in record time ( blame the weather!) and even getting very low on chocolate, I made a batch of no-bake flapjack earlier and it just hits the spot!

Even had Christmas pudding with cheese last night...But this is far far better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

... Wonder if they do fish nuggets... never had them. But the price of fish..

And you surrounded by sea ! :(

Someone should see if there are any to be caught - couldnt get fresher !

On Topic : Have just finished salad with some smoked mackerel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Reading larger work goes well with pint of Guinness and beef pot pie.....

My image of Fathom totally shattered by this post

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Chilli fried halloumi with shredded beetroot, spinach and parmesan. Not so healthy salad :)

0lddog wrote: »
    And you surrounded by sea ! :(

Someone should see if there are any to be caught - couldnt get fresher !

On Topic : Have just finished salad with some smoked mackerel

They catch but they sell it to shops. I never get a look in. Oh I was given 2 mackerel once as I was in the right place ( plaice!!)at the right time.

I once had a landlord I did a lot of official paperwork for and one day he brought me a whole sea bass....

Oh and I was offered winkles but...

You’d never guess

What's that supposed to mean?

Pizza and fries for Mrs/Ms G. I'm having steak, garlic spuds and peas later. Just cracked open a beer. 1983 is playing in the background.

• Advertisement
Advertisement