Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Pizza fries and a cider watching Justice league
    Ristorante mozzarella, skin on fries, Orchard Thieves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Pizza fries and a cider watching Justice league
    Ristorante mozzarella, skin on fries, Orchard Thieves

That looks really tasty, especially the pizza.

Skips and popcorn work really well as a combo. The skips can he used as mini shovels to scoop up the popcorn :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A takeaway from an Indian restaurant this evening as we were celebrating and remembering the years. Chicken madras, pilau rice and Naan bread. A few little extras in the bag as you'd expect. Super tasty with wine and beer.

I'm gonna have the leftovers shortly. A beer wash down.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken Madras is my go to curry. I love it! There is a lovely Indian in my home town but they don't do deliveries. I can't really get it because it's far away it would be in bits by the time I'd get back.
    When they open again I might get some food if I'm staying below. Their special rice is like a meal on its own. Soooo tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Two garlic and cracked black pepper sausages and a shared omelette with smoky bacon, black pudding, red onion and a sprinkle of cheese. Two toast and a mug of tea with Daniel O Donnell on in the background.

Another glorious day here, off out for a scenic drive once I get a small bit of gardening out of the way.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Just back from an early hike. Had this before I left.

IMG-20210425-122445.jpg

Got a spice box from local chinese and gonna have a cider

It is cider weather. I might have a Bulmers in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Got a spice box from local chinese and gonna have a cider

no disrespect but that looks awful - bet it was tasty though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chipper food this evening Onion rings and chips with a curry dip :)

• Advertisement

A few slices of nice bacon, mash, turnip and peas earlier this evening. It was delish, even without cabbage, which is usually a fave with it. I had a splash of gravy with fresh parsley in it from my new herb garden. Nice.

A Twirl and strawberry milk now.

IMG-20210425-170522.jpg

How do you guys feel about reheating indian food? Have leftovers from last night..a big mixture of butter chicken, madras and chilli masala. Looks both delicious and disgusting and im torn!

Porklife wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about reheating indian food? Have leftovers from last night..a big mixture of butter chicken, madras and chilli masala. Looks both delicious and disgusting and im torn!

As long as you chilled it overnight it should be ok.
    In saying that I often ate stuff that was left out but I wouldn't recommend it especially if you're pregnant and could upset your tummy.
    If so just heat it in the microwave and you'll be grand.

I had tea and Centra white pudding. It's nice bit not as nice as the Lidl one. Gasping thirsty now though

Local mature organic cheese was the highlight of todays cold platter with Harrington's brown bread.

The Jersey cows responsible for the cheese are also big contributors towards our homegrown veg.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Deli chicken salad. Made with cream cheese. Not mayo. Yum!

Busy day around the house so it was sleazy food.:D A Pizza, a three in one and a spicy beef dish and rice. A three way, whatever you want click and collect result.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

• Send leftovers to me Grandeeod. :D

Fathom wrote: »
    • Send leftovers to me Grandeeod. :D

There are literally no leftovers Fathom.:D

Tuna salad this evening

Salad here also today, all bought in Aldi this morning, lots of bread rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions , eggs, ham/chicken/ beef slices, potato salad, coleslaw and the fresh beetroot, threw on some wedges also,absolutely gorgeous and eaten outside in fantastic weather. Red wine and a few crisps now.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    There are literally no leftovers Fathom.:D
    Now hungry. Off to feed. Laters Grandeeod.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Salad here also today, all bought in Aldi this morning, lots of bread rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions , eggs, ham/chicken/ beef slices, potato salad, coleslaw and the fresh beetroot, threw on some wedges also,absolutely gorgeous and eaten outside in fantastic weather. Red wine and a few crisps now.

I love those old style salads, no quinoa or avocado in sight!
    We used to have them every Saturday growing up, with fresh bread.

Fajita spiced pork chops with green beans and couscous.

Be careful when your buying potato salad/ coleslaw etc They tend to go off quicker in this weather

Can of Bulmers. Tired though eeking out my days to make some bastard rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

a box of old raisins, cos...

I can't be bothered. :o

(yick)

Good to see you Deja :)

Glass of water now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can of Bulmers. Tired though eeking out my days to make some bastard rich.

I know.

Work sucks sometimes.
    Hey, all the time.
    You're not alone Surrep. <3

Having a beer.

My plan tomorrow is to make something involving sauerkraut, polish sausage, and beans.
    Could be terrible, but I will like it anyway. It's loosely based on this simple recipe:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/slovenian-bean-and-sauerkraut-hotpot-jota-1137408

That looks interesting. Let is know how you get on with it

Ok..I will admit i was in two minds about posting this but bear in mind I'm eating for 2 :p

I ordered...emm..*cough*...not one, not two...but three dishes from my local indian...

• Advertisement

Ok..I will admit i was in two minds about posting this but bear in mind I'm eating for 2 :p

I ordered...emm..*cough*...not one, not two...but three dishes from my local indian...

did you eat the leftovers from Sunday last night?

sporina wrote: »
    did you eat the leftovers from Sunday last night?

Haha yes!! *hangs head in shame*

Had a toasted wrap. Will eat dinner later. My neighbour is driving me insane so I'm dosing myself with tea (not strong enough)

Haha yes!! *hangs head in shame*

cool - and no upset tummy obv.. grand.. no judgement btw

cool - and no upset tummy obv.. grand.. no judgement btw

No upset tummy thankfully.
    I just couldn't decide what i wanted today and i was starving. Everything sounded great and i panicked and ordered all 3 :)

I just remembered something my sister used to do in off licences when we were about 20 in Australia. We'd be buying so much booze that she'd pretend it was for other people. She'd stand at the till and say to me... so i got Dave his red wine, beers for Robbie and a shoulder of vodka for Rachel.
    We don't know anyone called Dave, Robbie or Rachel ;p

Had the Balti House cury for dinner.
    Need gin later

• Advertisement

No upset tummy thankfully.
    I just couldn't decide what i wanted today and i was starving. Everything sounded great and i panicked and ordered all 3 :)

I just remembered something my sister used to do in off licences when we were about 20 in Australia. We'd be buying so much booze that she'd pretend it was for other people. She'd stand at the till and say to me... so i got Dave his red wine, beers for Robbie and a shoulder of vodka for Rachel.
    We don't know anyone called Dave, Robbie or Rachel ;p

I was bringing a slab from the car the other day, the small Bulmers one, and my neighbour goes, are you having a party. I had to explain to him that it is cheaper to buy a slab for 24 euro than to buy a couple of boxes at 13/14 each. He was just staring at me :rolleyes:

I was bringing a slab from the car the other day, the small Bulmers one, and my neighbour goes, are you having a party. I had to explain to him that it is cheaper to buy a slab for 24 euro than to buy a couple of boxes at 13/14 each. He was just staring at me :rolleyes:

i don't have the discipline to do that.. :(

i don't have the discipline to do that.. :(

It lasts ages. They are small cans though 440ml.
    Sure I've no discipline either but what could I say to the nosey fecker? I probably would have about 4 and fall asleep.

It lasts ages. They are small cans though 440ml.
    Sure I've no discipline either but what could I say to the nosey fecker? I probably would have about 4 and fall asleep.

i'd b too tempted to have 1/2 every night - slippy slope

i'd b too tempted to have 1/2 every night - slippy slope

I buy everything in bulk except perishable goods. I had to learn to get by on little money for a while studying. It's cheaper.

Alright back on topic.

• Advertisement

The queues this evening in my local lidl were ridiculous compared to any other day of the week.. As i was rushed my lap of the establishment will have to wait for the morning...

I've just put the slices of black pudding under the grill. On toast they will be.😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cold vegetarian pizza, for breakfast :)

fresh sourdough bread from a quality bakery and some lovely free range scrambled eggs.. hmm hmm.. could build a small house now lol (mayb a doll's house)

@Auto I know you like new chocolate and I found M and M bars in a shop. There are a few different ones. I got crispy version.
    You might have seen them already but they are new to me.

@Auto I know you like new chocolate and I found M and M bars in a shop. There are a few different ones. I got crispy version.
    You might have seen them already but they are new to me.

are those the small ones like with about 5 squares? if so I saw em too - got one of the pea nuts varieties... handy if you don't wanna get a whole slab

are those the small ones like with about 5 squares? if so I saw em too - got one of the pea nuts varieties... handy if you don't wanna get a whole slab

These ones. I ate half.

Baby potatoes steamed in the microwave and then sprinkled with mint and thrown in the oven for the last 15 minutes with the meatballs in tomato sauce, fried baby mushrooms and soft egg noodles as well. Very tasty meal with the ol' Italian chill out music in the background.

Warm chocolate fudge cake for dessert.

All good in da hood.

These ones. I ate half.

awe ok - they have been on the market for ages now.. but I try avoid them.. too tempting.. they now have bar with just 5 squares.. not v economical I know but handy and just the right serving size

awe ok - they have been on the market for ages now.. but I try avoid them.. too tempting.. they now have bar with just 5 squares.. not v economical I know but handy and just the right serving size

They only had the big ones. I probably would have got the smaller one. I can't manage more than half a bar of chocolate. I'm not sure why. I prefer crisps

• Advertisement
Advertisement