Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yet another mince pie.... Several folk gave me mince pies in food boxes at Christmas,,, and I had already bought plenty..... working my way through them with pleasure... bit of custard, in the microwave, ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Cajun vegetable stew (my invention sorta) followed by cheesecake.

Desperately healthy, fake sugar in the cheesecake which I've eaten half off since I made it yesterday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Interesting, what's in the stew?

I used my last tin to hide medication for a cat! Worked great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Red and white onions, leeks, celery, turnip, carrots, parsnips, new pots. Intentionally lots of variety, equal amounts of everything. Half a small glass bottle of cajun seasoning (was a bit pot) you can get in aldi for a euro, and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, flour to thicken. I forget to put in a beef stock cube which wold have made the sauce a darker colour. Dead easy to make just a lot of peeling and chopping to do.

I had an authentic Cajun stew made by a Haitian man yonks ago which is made with chunks of beef mostly in a very dark sauce with some veg. It was one of the most delicious meals I ever ate. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe so I made this variation of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

pizza chips and water :)

Breakfast... Rashers and bread as usual..with honey atop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Red lentil soup with ham and cheese toastie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

what bread did you use? looks lovely.. also.. was that pic taken in the wee hours?

Cuthbert's spelt and honey bread..

It cost €4.80 in a Spar! And yeah, I'm a night time eater... 😋

• Advertisement

Medi style salad.

Rice, nuts, seeds.

Mackerel.

Chai flavour coffee.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had bought spicy chicken wings. Not a patch on the homemade ones !

a big mug of Barry's Tea.. bag stays in the mug as its being consumed.. much needed on a wet morning such as this!

Is no one eatin' and drinkin' these days?

Was still hungry after going to bed, so had sardines (again!) on toast.

King Oscar sardines with olives, and smoked cheese, with a glass of milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Your always eating,I take it you don't have a fine body then................lol

I think it's more the drinkin' rather than the eatin' that causes me trouble in that department Bassy!

This is rather tasty actually.

But once I get over the coughing and sneezing, I'm going to have some leftover roast chicken with steamed new potatoes and BBQ baked beans.

That's all I'm up for tonight.

Hot and Sour soup from the Chinese takeaway, pimped with kelp, chicken, so much garlic, chilli flakes, Crazy Bastards hot sauce and Sarson's vinegar.

If this doesn't cure me, nothing will. 🤧

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

A nice slow cooked beef steak pie with puff pastry

mash and veg

and loads gravy

• Advertisement

I bought some of those frozen Korean gyoza that Tom Doorley endorsed/advertised.

Different flavour but same brand. Looking forward to trying them out.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

Yum!

More yum, in a similar style.

I'll be in Amsterdam over the weekend, might post some food pics 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

For what it's worth I'm having casseroled beef and spuds with skinny broccoli and carrots. Maybe a slice of bread for the mop up!

Was there last week, and would highly recommend cannibale royal. Lovely food and pretty reasonably priced and decent portions.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I did see that place on Maps, it looks very good to me, (the meat eater!).

We are going to Ashoka tomorrow evening for Indian food. And the plan for Saturday is A Beautiful Mess.

I'll be going with one Indian person, one vegetarian person and another very fussy eater! So we shall see.

Personally, I would love the opportunity to try some traditional Dutch food! Maybe not a full dinner as we only have two nights, but will definitely be trying those fried bar snacks, and hopefully some herring. 😋

Found it tough to stumble across Dutch food, we also made the mistake of not booking anywhere in the Chinese area and couldn't get anywhere to eat.

Me too, I didn't find any of those bars that sold the Dutch snacks, and I found bars/cafes hard enough to find in our area. Plus, I was in a group, and we didn't have much time, and the rain...

Still, I found everything single thing I ate was of top notch quality.

We got soaked when we arrived, and stumbled across Cafe Luxembourg, a beautiful spot, where I got an excellent Croque Monsieur (the salad had really nice capers, nice touch) and mint & ginger tea (big thin strips of ginger that look like spuds!).

A Beautiful Mess had amazing Iraqi spiced chicken, with potatoes and mudardarah, not pictured.

Even the club sandwich I had for brunch was amazing.

I didn't take enough pictures of food, and came away feeling like I could have eaten more! But next time... 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cauliflower with parsley sauce, tenderstem broccoli, turnip, with roast chicken and roast potatoes.

I've gone right off food this week due to a heavy chest cold.

I have a veg soup from Lidl, I'll add some chicken, and I'll make a rocket, seed and pesto salad for vitamins.

There is also hummus and toast available. 🤧

• Advertisement

I'd be quite happy to stay in bed with someone to feed me chicken broth... 🤒

Aw thank you Sporina!

I believe that good food and a good sleep cures most ills. I'll be fine soon! 😿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ah it was nice but by no means heaven. Making it again tomorrow though! Tonight's fare was a mish mash thing. I made meatballs and used up some leftover veg. Added chips and gravy. Tasted great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

A no veg kebab after the match earlier. With a sneaky little bit of lettuce hiding on the bottom right.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Just having sandwiches for dinner, with corned beef and cheese slices on brown bread. Maybe some chicken soup too.

A very nice beef medallion with onion rings, veg, chips and pepper sauce. A Belgian chocolate fudge slice for afters. Gotta look after yourself!

This kind of thing is what I have been craving recently.

My memories of corned beef sandwiches as a kid in the 70's/80's, and it must have just been shop bought, but lovely with butter on fresh bread...

And soup... Hope you enjoyed @_Godot_ 😀

You can't find decent corned beef unless you go far and wide anymore. Even the joints don't taste the same when sliced. What I miss is Haslet as well though.

• Advertisement

Haslet... now that's a thing I have never come across here, but I remember hearing of it. Pork loaf or sausage?

Pork Meatloaf. Oh, and congrats on the Modship!!! Only just noticed.

Chicken Rendang with rice and chips. Heading out shortly for a few early pints.

Steak. Roasties. Veg. Beef gravy on top. A little Belgian chocolate brownie for afters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

MOTHER OF GOD, I HATE YOU PEOPLE.

not really, just a 😍 weeeeee bit jealous of the food you can cook 😚

Got a thing lately for tender stem broccoli and roasties. I had a pan fried chicken fillet and some carrots too. Added some chicken gravy on top after the photo.

Tender stem broccoli is one of my favourites @Grandeeod. Nice looking roasties!

I don't think I have ever pan-fried chicken breast; I usually use it chopped up in one pot dishes like curry.

I must try that on my griddle pan with my handy temperature probe!

I love a pan fried chicken fillet. I often put one over mash with pepper sauce. I prefer on the bone but the fillet is juicy off the pan.

• Advertisement

My steak journey continues!

This does not look great, but I reheated my steak in a mushroom and cream, white wine ad hoc sauce aka a bit drunk.

Some rocket, semi-dried tomatoes, pickled onions. Toast.

Advertisement