Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Patww79 wrote: »
    Had a fry there but it's not sitting right. Cold sweats.

Meat sweats?? Nothing worse, I would nearly consider becoming vegetarian after the meat I have eaten this Christmas. Nearly, but not quite :)

A bowl of porridge and tea this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Meat sweats?? Nothing worse, I would nearly consider becoming vegetarian after the meat I have eaten this Christmas. Nearly, but not quite :)

A bowl of porridge and tea this morning.

It was more the bad gut sweats (not quite sure how old the sausages were) but I had a few cookies and a bag of crisps and all was well again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just polished off a big mug of Barry's and a packet of Jacobs Chocolate Teacakes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Found kimberly elites but will demolish kinder bars instead and cuppa tae like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The inevitable turkey curry is simmering on the stove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

About to heat up lamb, carrot and parsnip and broccoli in a pan of gravy. Mushy peas being prepped, and roasties be heated up in a separate pan in butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

home made chips with steak,onions,mushrooms and pepper sauce,the tank is full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Chicken and mushroom vol au vents .

It was Rubberlegs v Food this evening with a Chinese. Beef in hot garlic sauce, boiled rice, few chips and prawn crackers. Still tipping away at the same bottle of red wine for a couple of evenings now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Snacking on Quality streets :D

• Advertisement

Just had some sausage rolls to be followed by pork ribs later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots , roast onion,

Mint crisp

Pizza :)

Waaaaaaay too many Quality Street.

Nothing yet.

Note to self: do not check this thread when hungry..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

northgirl wrote: »
    Nothing yet.

Note to self: do not check this thread when hungry..

Me neither.
    3 beers. Might get hungry soon.

But if I read this thread again, I will want sizzling hot garlic beef stir fry, with pizza and curry :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

M&S cocktail sausages, cheddar cheese and a fruit salad. Yum!

Turkey stir-fry with noodles, I am determined there will be no waste. Glass of red wine.

Tea cakes and Barry's in the making

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bistro crisps

Tea cakes and Barry's in the making, who else would like some?

We'd all love some thanks :D!

• Advertisement

Bistro crisps

We'd all love some thanks :D!

Just had 9, there's 3 left :D

Cheese on toast with Lea Perrins Worcester sauce and ground black pepper, cuppa tea

A carbon copy of the Christmas day and Stephens day dinners. Sans the Yorkshire puddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sunday dinner was going to be yet more sprouts and carrots... But.. I broke out a dunne's salmon dinner ready meal and it was delicious. a good chunk of salmon, mash, peas, creamed roots and a savoury white sauce. Best ready meals there are and at 3 for E10 ;)

stuffed now and time to crash

Nurofen Plus & tea and toast with honey soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Roast beef, mash, veg and gravy.
    And I didn’t have to cook it \o/ :D

Ugh. More Nurofen Plus called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back after my christmas break from the internet.

Pints.

simple old home made chips with jumbo sausages beans and brown soda bread,washed down with a can of coke zero,burp......

• Advertisement

Stag Saor Stout and some Lidl onion cheese.

Beef with black pepper sauce and boiled rice :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Beef with black pepper sauce and boiled rice :)

I have similar on the way Auto. Gonna mill it. Some work tomorrow and then a week or so off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Banana sandwich!!

12 teacakes and Barrys. I'm such a lazy cow. Sooner I'm back to work the better. Can't be bothered to make anything or put any weight on. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

12 teacakes and Barrys. I'm such a lazy cow. Sooner I'm back to work the better. Can't be bothered to make anything or put any weight on. :(

That's not good for you. Could you order something in? Maccy D's do deliveries now too.

• Advertisement

That's not good for you. Could you order something in? Maccy D's do deliveries now too.

I know. It's an ongoing battle. I am trying. Going through some very tough emotional stuff and has caused alot of anxiety around food. Not looking for pity just explaining that I know I'm doing all the wrong things. Hope for 2019.

I know. It's an ongoing battle. I am trying. Going through some very tough emotional stuff and has caused alot of anxiety around food. Not looking for pity just explaining that I know I'm doing all the wrong things. Hope for 2019.

That's awful. But as you say maybe going back to work and having a routine will help things.
    I'd nearly post out half the pizza I couldn't finish :)

I need to unlike your last post coz S made me guilty about the fab vision I had of eating all those Teacakes.:D Whatever your battle NG, go do it. Nobody is perfect either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jeez that's tough going, I wouldn't be a great eater myself but I do enjoy what I have, I couldn't see myself surviving on just tea and biscuits though :eek: Going to Spain later in the week with a big gang of family/relatives and it's one of the aspects of any holiday I most enjoy, going out in the evening for a big group dinner of several courses and chatting away for a few hours in a nice restaurant.

Sending positive vibes to you for 2019

Spicy chicken sandwich again, lazy.

I volunteer to be your personal chief if you want :3

• Advertisement

That's awful. But as you say maybe going back to work and having a routine will help things.
    I'd nearly post out half the pizza I couldn't finish :)
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    I need to unlike your last post coz S made me guilty about the fab vision I had of eating all those Teacakes.:D Whatever your battle NG, go do it. Nobody is perfect either.
    GoneHome wrote: »
    Jeez that's tough going, I wouldn't be a great eater myself but I do enjoy what I have, I couldn't see myself surviving on just tea and biscuits though :eek: Going to Spain later in the week with a big gang of family/relatives and it's one of the aspects of any holiday I most enjoy, going out in the evening for a big group dinner of several courses and chatting away for a few hours in a nice restaurant.

Sending positive vibes to you for 2019
    Spicy chicken sandwich again, lazy.

I volunteer to be your personal chief if you want :3

Thanks for understanding as best you all can.

It made me cry even writing that. I actually love food and am or was a bit of a foodie. Never in a million years did I see this coming.

Will keep trying.

good on you northgirl,best of luck :)

2e7996c6233a0321dfc28dbf54ca176b--snoopy-hug-snoopy-peanuts.jpg

bassy wrote: »
    good on you northgirl,best of luck :)
    2e7996c6233a0321dfc28dbf54ca176b--snoopy-hug-snoopy-peanuts.jpg

Thanks for the support, means a lot to me.

You'll get through it NG, I know from your posts you're stronger than you give yourself credit for, keep the head held high and know that you are a good person.

GoneHome wrote: »
    You'll get through it NG, I know from your posts you're stronger than you give yourself credit for, keep the head held high and know that you are a good person.

+1 for this, the bold part in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Will keep trying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's half the battle there NG , you are still trying , that's the most important part , and one day you'll get there x.

And then we'll get Gifted to bake you whatever cake you want , and Grandeeod to cook you whatever you fancy !

(Sorry , not sorry , for volunteering the above to cook :p)

If its any consolation NG, lots of us struggle is some way. Seriously, we do. I'm about as perfect as a football score prediction.

If its any consolation NG, lots of us struggle is some way. Seriously, we do. I'm about as perfect as a football score prediction.

I'm the same. I put on weight from illness and have to restrict what I eat so I understand NG and where she's coming from. Hopefully this will be a good year for everyone.

If its any consolation NG, lots of us struggle is some way. Seriously, we do.

By god isn't that the truth, no one is this world is perfect and if they appear to be that's all it is appearances

• Advertisement
Advertisement