Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Pasta and chicken in a tomato sauce with mushrooms and onions that mam made last night. It’s gone a bit dry tbh, but it’s nice to have some hot food to eat while I’m at college

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Just roasted a whole chicken, served with chunky carrot and asparagus

Made wedges from frozen, I find any frozen potato based food doesn't cook in the oven, are there steps to take before putting them in ðŸ§ðŸ§

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Deja Boo wrote: »
    a deconstructed ham an cheese omelette

aka: scrambled eggs :o the omelette refused to flip

It's so devastating when that happens!!

Just had chicken curry made from scratch...bit too acidic for me at the minute..hubby loved it though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I am eating a Catch bar. Made in the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

chish and fips and coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagne and chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

A mandarin

A mandarin

ditto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    Lasagne and chips

I had the same at lunchtime with coleslaw too.

I've just finished making "Pub Curry" - that's a curry made from McDonnells curry sauce. As I said before, loads of Pubs use it.:D

Opening a bottle of Tiger. Finishing off some work and an early night then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Salmon, mashed sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower and roasted cherry tomatoes with a glass of Malbec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Salmon, mashed sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower and roasted cherry tomatoes with a glass of Malbec.

That sounds lovely !
    Apart from the salmon and sweet potato ..

Simple sausage and chips for me tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Toasted ham and cheese sandwich

I have chocolate, and hunky Dorys, and a bottle of water , I'm happy with that!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I have chocolate, and hunky Dorys, and a bottle of water , I'm happy with that!

Just milled that curry n rice with chips. Hit the spot.

I've no chocolate, but maybe that meal was enough. Actually no. I wish I had chocolate.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Late back from swimming so

Homemade sweet potatoes in air fryer
    Chicken breast in oven
    Rice
    Cloeslaw
    Piri Puri sauce

Wasn't as nice as I thought it would be :(

Sweet potatoes I can never ever get right

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Just milled that curry n rice with chips. Hit the spot.

I've no chocolate, but maybe that meal was enough. Actually no. I wish I had chocolate.:D

Can't beat that curry sauce in fairness at times !!

I've two bars of chocolate left , I'll send them on to you , enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Early morning tea and toast (with Tesco red chedder), far too early to be up on a Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Graces7 wrote: »
    A whole huge soft boiled goose egg.. I am stuffed!
    I can see the geese from my window; free range, grass eating with a pond to play in. Happy geese..

when i was on the North Sea island and had geese, I was taught, 8 minutes from cold for a hard white and soft yolk

Need a nap after that!

Graces7 clear out your PM inbox, I was trying to send you a message about a delivery but your inbox is full

GoneHome wrote: »
    Graces7 clear out your PM inbox, I was trying to send you a message about a delivery but your inbox is full

ah there are problems re my inbox... smurfjed and a few others eg autosport , persepoly mam_of_4 have my email and am happy for you to use it and for them to give it to you..

A toasted special. Ham, cheese, onion and tomato. Packet of crisps. Skinny coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Porridge and a bitta honey, boiled egg on toast, chicken goujon roll with coleslaw and tomato relish followed by 2 Muller corners !! And the days not over yet

A roast beef sandwich , fresh bread , hit the spot !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

California coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Drinking a tom Collins gin and waiting on pizza with red onion, black olives , chunky tomatoes and , ham and basil.

Just watched that awful match in SPAIN eh I mean Gibraltar.:D Having a few more Tiger beers. I have another portion of the Pub Curry left. Time to boil some rice and get some chips on! Easin livin lads!:eek:

I had some veg soup and cheese sandwiches earlier after the toastie. In dire need of real food now. I bought a sneaky load of chocolate too. Mrs G has banned chocolate from the house. but I have a bar of Snickers and Mars to ease any pain later.:D

I bought mini eclairs in Iceland , tiny little things , you'd eat them all yourself to make it worthwhile :D
    (Trying to unglitch the page)

That curry meal was fab again! Who needs the takeaway!

That curry meal was fab again! Who needs the takeaway!

We're having that tomorrow , and four more calling in for dinner to have some :D

We're having that tomorrow , and four more calling in for dinner to have some :D

I'd make it FIVE more if I could make it.:D As in make it to the table. No way am I cooking!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

I made a thai green curry with rice. Loads of chilli and coriander. So nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

my daughter was practicing for her home economics practical today. She cooked a really nice lasagne, and made an upside down, deconstructed blueberry cheescake type dessert. And she did the clean up after.*

along with several bottle of tiger beer, cheers to supervalu for selling 12 bottles for €13.

*you'd swear there was a picture this concert coming up that she has been plaguing us to go to for the last 6 months.

ablelocks wrote: »
    my daughter was practicing for her home economics practical today. She cooked a really nice lasagne, and made an upside down, deconstructed blueberry cheescake type dessert. And she did the clean up after.*

along with several bottle of tiger beer, cheers to supervalu for selling 12 bottles for €13.

*you'd swear there was a picture this concert coming up that she has been plaguing us to go to for the last 6 months.

Finishing my last Tiger beer now with a sneaky snickers.:D I need this chocolate real bad!

I'd make it FIVE more if I could make it.:D As in make it to the table. No way am I cooking!:D

Ha ha , always plenty in the pot G , I'd be the same as you if someone else was making the dinner , for a change :D
    Home cooked dinner , handed up to us , not looking for much are we ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I’m having tinned rice pudding. Not to blow my own trumpet (giggles), but it’s not a patch on my home made one. It’s just not hitting the spot :(

I’d love some curry if there’s any going spare?

*does best Oliver impression with bowl and sad pout*

I’m having tinned rice pudding. Not to blow my own trumpet (giggles), but it’s not a patch on my home made one. It’s just not hitting the spot :(

Mine won't be ready until tomorrow, but I'll do you up a small pot now for yourself .
    Yes , you can tell the others it's not like a share bag of crisps :D

Ha ha , always plenty in the pot G , I'd be the same as you if someone else was making the dinner , for a change :D
    Home cooked dinner , handed up to us , not looking for much are we ?!!

Oh to have it handed up to us Mam! That would be such a joy!

Hey HQ, sorry, but my curry has been milled out of it! Made it last night. Had one last night and repeated it again tonight. Its that good.:D

Back to my sad rice pudding til Mam saves the day with my special delivery so :D

Snickers demolished.:D Gonna sneak up to bed now fully jarred! Can't do these late nights anymore! Working all day and wrecked by a few beers. I'm glad though.;)

Fed and watered to satisfaction.:D But there's a Mars Bar in my jacket pocket!

• Advertisement

Snickers demolished.:D Gonna sneak up to bed now fully jarred! Can't do these late nights anymore! Working all day and wrecked by a few beers. I'm glad though.;)

Fed and watered to satisfaction.:D But there's a Mars Bar in my jacket pocket!

Sleep well and save the Mars Bar for a midnight snack in case you wake up :D

Harleen , anything else you'd like while I'm heading that way ?
    In for a penny , in for a pound :pac:

Kettle on , sandwich time I think !

Sleep well and save the Mars Bar for a midnight snack in case you wake up :D

Harleen , anything else you'd like while I'm heading that way ?
    In for a penny , in for a pound :pac:

Kettle on , sandwich time I think !

Just yourself and the curry thanks Mam, wouldn’t want to be too demanding now would I? :D

I’m drinking a bottle of water.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Quick stir fry. Added mirin to the rice which made it lovely. Also mackerel to the side, but forgot it when I was taking the pic.

IMG-20190323-213404.jpg

Did I read on another thread that you're pregnant? Good God, I remember the taste buds...sending some of the curry we had straight to you, and Mam and Grandeeod will top you up tomorrow!

Teapot22 wrote: »
    Did I read on another thread that you're pregnant? Good God, I remember the taste buds...sending some of the curry we had straight to you, and Mam and Grandeeod will top you up tomorrow!

Geez we all like our curry it seems :)

I am indeed! And thanks very much, all donations gratefully savaged by me :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Oh lol! I remember as a student in hospital labs, and the docs description on the haematology form (for a pregnant patient) was... Eating coal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

hot curry special on offer tonite,how hot do you like it?,the hotter the better for me :)

Here I go again with my inability to multiquote!! Best to say hot curry all round!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Chocolate ice cream for dessert

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Roast chicken with garlic
    Boiled baby potatoes
    Mushy peas
    Carrots
    Gravy

AND LOAAADS OF CRANBERRY SAUCE.

( I cannot get enough of it )

• Advertisement
Advertisement