Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council neighbours causing problems

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Are you actually suggesting blackmail as a course of action?

Yes absolutely 100%. You've a totler scared out of it's wits vs. a load of knackers potentially defrauding the state and pissing everyone in the area off. I know where my sympathies lie.

If there was proper recourse for asshats with dogs we wouldn't need to resort to self help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

If you feel they are defrauding the taxpayer then report them. Welfare for the income levels and Revenue for the nixers. The dog issue is separate. We have an obligation to report fraud, or potential fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If you feel they are defrauding the taxpayer then report them. Welfare for the income levels and Revenue for the nixers. The dog issue is separate. We have an obligation to report fraud, or potential fraud.

I agree, too many people in this country are claiming and getting stuff (mainly money) they don't deserve. Or maybe they did deserve it at one stage but due to circumstances changing they no longer do. It's probably one of the main reasons us people that work pay such high taxes and get nothing in return. So they can get money they don't deserve.
    Back to the dog situation, don't expect reporting them for this solve the dog barking issue, it won't. It will probably make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

sexmag wrote: »
    I know they havent informed the council of the change in their situation as they never did before of their circumstances and I would doubt the would now.

How do you know they haven’t informed the council?

Advertisement