Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birthday party present etiquette

Options
  • 23-09-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

My son is attending a birthday party next week for a boy who will be 9. what is the appropriate present for this age group?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

A tenner in a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Money in a card..i usually give a tenner between the twins.and if its a 5 euro party 2 separate cards with a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Our school does a fiver in a card for those who don't want to give a gift. Works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Jesus we have been robed for years down here 20 euro in a card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

tenner Smyths voucher is the standard down our way

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Is this the done thing now? In my day you'd only get money from relatives, probably only god parents, and then not always...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

It used to be a ten eur Smyths gift card until I stopped being so organised and now it’s just a tenner in a card.
    Started off in Junior Infants as actual presents, by seniors it was 15/20 eur voucher, and then realised there was no need for that when we had parties every second weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Is this the done thing now? In my day you'd only get money from relatives, probably only god parents, and then not always...

It was suggested by parent reps from the classes and works very well. Lots of people don't want more stuff for their kids. Easiesr to put a fiver in a card than buy tat for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Our school is the same as lazygals. They also club parties together for kids in the same month. So the weekend before last my daughter was at a party for two of the girls on the Saturday and four kids on the Sunday!!! What would have cost us a fortune in presents ended up as 30 euro over 6 cards. I am a huge fan of the system.

Advertisement