Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland airwaves

Options
  • 23-09-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering has anyone been to the Iceland airwaves festivals and if so how was their experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

picaso30 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering has anyone been to the Iceland airwaves festivals and if so how was their experiences.

Was there last year. If you can handle the biting cold and the expense of Iceland, it can be good.
    Reykjavik is easy to get around on foot. Most of the venues are within a 10 minute walk.
    We enjoyed the off venue music more than the big name acts. The more popular international acts require you to queue early to ensure you get in. This means you could be missing out on a lot of music just to make a single act.
    Personally, I would prefer to do Dingle Other Voices again before I venture back to Airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I went a few years. Loved the city. Spent most time at the smaller venues as not into queuing.

So if your going for the lineup and a lot of the acts you want to see are big ones then it might be a bit of a nuisance. Different to other festivals in that sense in that you might not even get in to see who you want to see.

The day at the blue lagoon was pretty cool the year I went. Dunno if they still do that.

Also as above, I prefer other voices too.
    But i think airwaves is the perfect way to see Reykjavik.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Cheers for the replies, sounds like might be worth giving it a miss, was partly going there to check out Iceland and maybe catch the northern lights so might go at some other stage.

Advertisement