Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone provide me with an email address for Bank of Ireland?

Options
  • 24-09-2018 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently made an online transaction for €123.50 using my Bank of Ireland credit card and received what I consider to be an item unfit for purpose. I tried to resolve the matter with the seller but was unsuccessful. 

I then forwarded a request for a charge back to be made to my account and was very unhappy with the way this was handled by Bank of Ireland.

I called Bank of Ireland's credit card section on Saturday to cancel my credit card and close my account and now wish to follow that call up with written instruction confirming this cancellation, and to advise that I will be disputing fully the €123.50 and not making any payment regarding same.

Can you please provide me with an email address that I can send my written instruction to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Morak Thun wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently made an online transaction for €123.50 using my Bank of Ireland credit card and received what I consider to be an item unfit for purpose. I tried to resolve the matter with the seller but was unsuccessful. 

I then forwarded a request for a charge back to be made to my account and was very unhappy with the way this was handled by Bank of Ireland.

I called Bank of Ireland's credit card section on Saturday to cancel my credit card and close my account and now wish to follow that call up with written instruction confirming this cancellation, and to advise that I will be disputing fully the €123.50 and not making any payment regarding same.

Can you please provide me with an email address that I can send my written instruction to?

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Hi there,[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks for getting in contact. We are sorry to hear that the transaction dispute on your credit card did not have a successful outcome for you. We always try to do our best for the customer on charge back queries and regret when it cannot be resolved in the customers favor. We are also very sorry to hear you are closing your Credit Card account with us. This cannot be done via email. To do so you must:[/font]
    • [font=Arial","sans-serif]Call Customer Services on 0818 251 251 (+353 5677 57747)[/font]
    • [font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Arial","sans-serif]Send Letter to  Bank of Ireland, Account Closures Team, 3rd Floor Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18[/font][/font]
    [*]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Many Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]John[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Morak Thun

Hi,

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact. We are sorry to hear that the transaction dispute on your credit card did not have a successful outcome for you. We always try to do our best for the customer on charge back queries and regret when it cannot be resolved in the customers favor. We are also very sorry to hear you are closing your Credit Card account with us. This cannot be done via email. To do so you must:
    • Call Customer Services on 0818 251 251 (+353 5677 57747)
    • Send Letter to  Bank of Ireland, Account Closures Team, 3rd Floor Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18

[*]

Many Thanks

John
    [*]
    Why can this not be done by email? That is nonsense.

Please provide me with an email address as requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

[*]
    Why can this not be done by email? That is nonsense.

Please provide me with an email address as requested.

[*]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Hi there,[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]As stated above, credit card closure notices are not accepted via email. If you do not want to call or send the letter you can call in to a Bank of Ireland branch with your written instruction to close and they can take it from you there and forward it on to the Account Closures Team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Many Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]John[/font]

Advertisement