Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Christmas Debate - #3 Lights Plain or Multicolour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Guys I'm legitimately shocked at the attitude to multicoloured lights shown here.

Childish?

I THINK NOT.

:P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Multicoloured
    Guys I'm legitimately shocked at the attitude to multicoloured lights shown here.

Childish?

I THINK NOT.

I don't think they're childish myself, they certainly remind me of when I was a child as my Mam has the old school coloured bulbs Christmas Lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Multicoloured
    We have plain
    but
    they are those LEDs that change,
    so first they go white, then red, then yellow

Before they came into my life, I preferred plain, so that's my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Multicolour all the way. I DO have one white set, a retro Pifco set, it's warm and is on a tree with white tinsel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Multicolour here! Every year, I think "maybe this year, we'll go rogue and put plain ones on" but tbh, I can't bring myself to do it :pac:

We have multicoloured on both tree - gently flickering (not strobe, they do my head in and cue a migraine). I put warm plain ones in my garlands. Outside, we also have a mix, multicoloured on the gutters & plain in the bushes.

Also, we don't have a theme for our trees - unless it is "christmas got sick on this tree" :D:p I'm not sure you could have a theme with smallies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Multicoloured

Childish?

I THINK NOT.

But in a good "kids have all the best stuff" kinda way :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Multicoloured
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Also, we don't have a theme for our trees - unless it is "christmas got sick on this tree" :D:p I'm not sure you could have a theme with smallies

One of the best themes you could have! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Multicoloured
    Plain. I love my tree decorations and like the lights to set them off rather than be another decoration. I also like the nice warm glow from plain lights. Defo not flickering! Would give me a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

My big bugbear with lights is that you have to go through about 8 or 9 ir more settings before you get to the sfay-on setting.
    Every.Single.Time.

And when you've got maybe 4 or 5 sets on the tree Iit can be more than a bit annoying Esprcially since they're not all the same "menu" to get to static but the boxes all look basically the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Multicoloured
    My lights are programmed to stay at the last setting.
    So when I turn them on, I don't have to mess about with the buttons! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I have a combo on my tree.....warm white on a gentle twinkle setting ( not blinking) and traditional colored lights ( static) with the shades. Could we have a combo in the poll. We don’t have a themed tree, I am crazy about collecting Christmas tree ornaments as was my Mum. Started my own collection in 2000 and have always bought at least 2/3 items for my tree every year and usually get something on holidays too! Love the thrill of unwrapping the ornaments every year.

Posy wrote: »
    My lights are programmed to stay at the last setting.
    So when I turn them on, I don't have to mess about with the buttons! :)

Ah now Posy.
    What have you done to me lol!
    You realise I'll be in a mission to replace all 800 bulbs on my tree with your type of set!!!

Multicoloured
    59 Votes cast so far and we are currently looking at a 68/32% split.

Few more days to vote if you haven't already. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I stopped using coloured lights over ten years ago, first went with plain, then changed to (shudder) blue. But this year, it's back to good old colour. I just love the Christmassy look of all that glowing colour. However I will use the now old tree lights to decorate other parts of the house.
    I wuv Christmas!

Multicoloured
    And the winner with 65.57% of the vote and 40/61 votes is Plain!

The days of the fondly remembered retro colour lights are slipping away from us. Perhaps its time we will bring back the tradition soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Multicoloured
    Loughc wrote: »

The days of the fondly remembered retro colour lights are slipping away from us. Perhaps its time we will bring back the tradition soon...

Funnily enough discussed this very thing with herself over the weekend and she shot it down in the blink of an eye.... so it'll be warm ****e LED's for us as per usual :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Oh dear god no. Bahhh humbug the lot of you :-))))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Multicoloured

I’d be all over multicoloured if they didn’t have blue in them.

Advertisement