Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amy Huberman. Finding Joy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Oliver Callan gave it a fair old kicking on Callan's Kicks on Friday

Tried to listen to it earlier but the player is giving an error message saying it is not available in your territory, typical RTE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Preach the gospel, it was as entertaining as root canals and haemorrhoids.
    Ms Huberman should have simply posted an online video of her emitting a long, loud, rasping, and extremely malodorous fart in a crowded lift, stuck between floors.
    This would have three benefits; 1. It would be funnier than Finding Joy. 2. It would save us the ordeal of watching 4 episodes of Finding Joy in the vain hope of finding a laugh. 3. It would save the long suffering licence payer the expense of this abysmal effort.

Amy-Huberman-B%26W.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Was that last episode a bit mixed up? I was watching it feeling like I had missed the previous episode when I hadn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Tried to listen to it earlier but the player is giving an error message saying it is not available in your territory, typical RTE :rolleyes:
    Are you outside Ireland?

No Im in Ireland. Checked it again earlier and its now working, just havent had time to listen yet

Heres the link if anyone wants a listen
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/comedy/podcasts/#102980928

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

233,000 viewer tuned into the last episode on Wednesday night, the second time it appeared on the top 20.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Going to be renewed for second season apparently!

Going to be renewed for second season apparently!

Maybe from what I am listening too nothing said yet but guess they have to suggest a second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Of course she'll (note the use of singular individual) get a 2nd series, this is Amy Huberman we're talking about.

ligerdub wrote: »
    Of course she'll (note the use of singular individual) get a 2nd series, this is Amy Huberman we're talking about.

Very iffy I wonder if the BAI would be interested in a second one, nothing I am hearing is a definite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Elmo wrote: »
    Very iffy I wonder if the BAI would be interested in a second one, nothing I am hearing is a definite.
    Generally speaking, they don't support seconds seasons. They're "open" to it though, but I think you have to show how the new season is "new".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

If this is renewed for a 2nd series I'm calling the cops!

There must be something dodgy going on...they are laundering drug money through the production budget...or they are smuggling illegal immigrants....or Huberman is linked to Russian Organised Crime and is a front for billions of cash used for throwing elections around the world....it's the only logical explanation!!

There's no way in the world it is because of the quality of the script...and I'll testify to that fact!!!

Generally speaking, they don't support seconds seasons. They're "open" to it though, but I think you have to show how the new season is "new".

They'd also have to defend it as PSB as their rules are very strict now that they have seen the first season I don't think they could honestly support a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Zachary Broad Uterus

ligerdub wrote: »
    agreed she'll get another chance and fail again....this, cant cope wont cope, Threesome, that American show where she got replaced after the pilot/test show, striking out, and more, thanks to marrying well, she'll be looked after

agreed she'll get another chance and fail again....this, cant cope wont cope, Threesome, that American show where she got replaced after the pilot/test show, striking out, and more, thanks to marrying well, she'll be looked after

:( you where right https://www.c21media.net/rte-and-ame-take-two-for-finding-joy/

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

i can't believe they're making another episode of this tripe.
    It was so bad. It really is "who you know" in RTE.
    "Irelands sweetheart" etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭appledrop

I like Amy but this programme was a load of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Looks like this is coming out soon, Irish times listed series 2 as one of the TV highlights coming out this Autumn. So does she just get to make programs with RTE for the rest of her life now? Do you get some kind of life contract at RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I genuinely had to look up who she was, and a quick dip into some of her YT vids made me very glad I'd never heard tell of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Is this the thing where her dog was talking to her?

Is this the thing where her dog was talking to her?

I think RTÉ will be hoping everyone has forgotten season 1... from 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ah come on.

The RTE canteeners, Irish celebs and professional mommy types on insta were “crying with laughter” on the Finding Joy hashtag last series.

Surely they can’t be wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Back by popular demand

Season 2 returns this Saturday at 9 :55pm

See y'all then :)

[url] https://extra.ie/2020/10/01/entertainment/celebrity/finding-joy-amy-huberman[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Hope they've employed some comedy writers.

I like Amy Huberman and lots of things she has done but Finding Joy lacked any laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ah come on.

The RTE canteeners, Irish celebs and professional mommy types on insta were “crying with laughter” on the Finding Joy hashtag last series.

Surely they can’t be wrong?

:confused:

It got a 2nd season WTF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I'm hoping Amy unblocks me on Twitter so I can give her a full run down on my thoughts about Season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I'm curious as to what kind of viewing figures it got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :confused:

It got a 2nd season WTF!

Of course it did. She’s the nations sweetheart.

tanked fairly quickly iirc

surprised as they would just commission another show for her with the same premise of her being an "underdog, unlucky in love we root for" just the job would change

Odd they've put it on Saturday but they probably were hoping they'd get a lockdown level 5 and get some numbers to "justify" her constant chances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

The numbers are irrelevant. RTE Commissioning is based on patronage not quality or popularity. I can just see the person giving this the green light, possibly a regular bruncher with "Aymz", having an odd "cheeky vino". RTE doesn't rely on making a profit, so they can put out as much rubbish and politically slanted nonsense all they want as far as they are concerned.

• Advertisement

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Amy unblocks me on Twitter so I can give her a full run down on my thoughts about Season 2.

lol curious to hear what you would have to say to get blocked by 'Hubes'
    tanked fairly quickly iirc

surprised as they would just commission another show for her with the same premise of her being an "underdog, unlucky in love we root for" just the job would change

She always seems to play the exact same unlucky in love character, its basically Bridget Jones over and over again

I have to say I thought they were bad but there not as bad as I thought, I think they were posted somewhere, you might find them online.

To no surprise, the first of her mandatory 5 appearances a season on the Late Late Show is tomorrow night - Ye've been warned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

To no surprise, the first of her mandatory 5 a season Late Late Show appearances is tomorrow night - Ye've been warned

That 2mil+ house ain’t gonna pay for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Seems a little unfair that they always seem to pick her shows. Is there no other competition for these spots?

Seems a little unfair that they always seem to pick her shows. Is there no other competition for these spots?

It's large down to RTÉ decisions on how they fund Drama. Drama that is not a co-production is often subsited by the BAI. Finding Joy for season 1 as part funding by the BAI, they choose not to provide funding to season 2, hence the delay in getting it to air, this money was found from Acorn TV who are an American pay on demand service providing British TV. The head of Drama at RTÉ was up to recently head of content at Acorn TV.

It's the runt of British TV, particularly now that BritBox has started up.

Similar situation for her court room drama series, but I think the BAI funded both season along with Acorn TV's participation. I think, or maybe its the same story as with Finding Joy.

Elmo wrote: »
    It's large down to RTÉ decisions on how they fund Drama. Drama that is not a co-production is often subsited by the BAI. Finding Joy for season 1 as part funding by the BAI, they choose not to provide funding to season 2, hence the delay in getting it to air, this money was found from Acorn TV who are an American pay on demand service providing British TV. The head of Drama at RTÉ was up to recently head of content at Acorn TV.

I wonder what kind of money Huberman would get for something like Finding Joy. Like would it be 50k, 100k or maybe even higher? Of course with everything to do with RTE it is impossible to know but knowing their form there is probably huge amounts of money sloshing around for these programs that they and the BAI fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Viwers switched off in spectularly numbers after her last try out. The Angelus got a better performance. 200000 viewers after the Nine News?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Obviosly not a hit. Viewing figures show this. Not even in the top 20 RTE1 shows for the week.

tintin67 wrote: »
    Obviosly not a hit. Viewing figures show this. Not even in the top 20 RTE1 shows for the week.

That didnt stop Tubridy saying it was a smash hit show on the Late Late last night when he interviewed Huberman who responded in kind by doing her fake laugh over and over again throughout the interview. These RTE luvvy types live off two things- massaging egos and getting their ego massaged. It is real pass me the puke bucket stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Denny61

How is she still in drama. Totally talentless...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭crossman47

Thats awful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭kravmaga

That didnt stop Tubridy saying it was a smash hit show on the Late Late last night when he interviewed Huberman who responded in kind by doing her fake laugh over and over again throughout the interview. These RTE luvvy types live off two things- massaging egos and getting their ego massaged. It is real pass me the puke bucket stuff.

I did Tubs fancies her, the LLS interview with her he was nearly creaming himself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Amy should stick to the baking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Have to say I like her but this show isn't aimed at my demographic so I won't comment. Then again Cork got the young offenders and Derry the derry girls why not a Dublin comedy show Dublin known for its wit and all, like.

haha I think someone in RTE is trolling Huberman by scheduling The Snapper right after her load of dross. Hopefully she is still watching and might pick up a few tips from Roddy Doyle on how to actually write good comedy icon14.png

Didn't think last season was quite as bad as some are suggesting (I got a few laughs in any case), but didn't think it was amazing or worth anything more than a bored rainy Tuesday evening or oooh look it's Dublin on the telly type of watch. I haven't seen any of this one so not fair to comment, but what does really really really annoy me is that I know so many HUGELY talented actors/writers/comics who are truly deserving and have such different, new, interesting, refreshing, funny voices and views. And I would really rather my licence fee support them.

Nothing on Amy, 'cos she's just doing her thing.

But the lack of support and development of new and emerging talent (both old and young) is unforgivable.

haha I think someone in RTE is trolling Huberman by scheduling The Snapper right after her load of dross. Hopefully she is still watching and might pick up a few tips from Roddy Doyle on how to actually write good comedy icon14.png

Seriously? Roddy Doyle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I loved Huberman in Comedy Central's Threesome, I think she's well able for better than this.

• Advertisement

I loved Huberman in Comedy Central's Threesome, I think she's well able for better than this.

I concur, her talent lies in dispensing coffee and biscuits in the RTÉ canteen. That, and being married to BOD magically opens doors.

Advertisement