Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littewoods Ireland Complaints

Options
  • 24-09-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭

Is there much experience of dealing with this lot - especially with regard to receiving defective product or any kind of consumer complaints?

I ordered a pair of drawer chests from them. Each chest has 6 drawers but one of them came with only 5 knobs, which wasn't noticed until the end of assembly (which took several hours). I submitted online complaints. They first told us the part couldn't be sourced (even though they're still selling them, they wouldn't just take one back and give us another one because the item had already been assembled and they said it is their policy not to take returns after they have been assembled). They were arrogant in their responses (and I notice their arrogant responses have now been removed from the chain of correspondence on their website)

It was only when I pointed out that their policy doesn't supersede the law and I said I would be lodging a formal complaint to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission that their tone changed, albeit, not adequately. They said they tried to contact me by telephone - they didn't. But they are still only offering a discount amounting to 5% - I nicely told them to shove it as it pennies and is nowhere near adequate compensation for all of this hassle dealing with them.

I'm curious to know if many others have had bad experiences with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That's littlewoods for you.

they outsource to a call centre and staff are paid a pittance and therefore really don't give a damn if the query requires any sort of thinking.

And if you are on their credit account they have the audacity to charge an extortionate 39.9% interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

If the product is defective, it doesn't matter what their returns policy states. You're not returning it due to a change of mind, you're returning it due to an issue. That means that they should be collecting the defective item, and replacing it with a new one. If they had any sense, they'd just send you out a draw knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Tow

They are registered money lender: http://registers.centralbank.ie/MoneylendersTandC/C12587.pdf

So you can also complain to the The Financial Regulator/Ombudsman for Financial Services.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tow wrote: »
    They are registered money lender: http://registers.centralbank.ie/MoneylendersTandC/C12587.pdf

So you can also complain to the The Financial Regulator/Ombudsman for Financial Services.

Only if your complaint relates to financial products or services.

In this case, the OP has not fully received the item that he paid for, which is a consumer issue.

Send a registered letter of complaint asking them to resolve the issue. The next step would be Small Claims Court. But, I do think that going to all this teouble for a missing knob may be excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Tell them the initial product was defective in that it's missing parts, and that you need another sent out. When that arrives, open the package, take out a knob and tell them they can keep the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Recently had expierance with them due to faulty phone that nearly exploded in my hand and shattered in to smitherines. I paid for device 600e and I had it about 7 months. At that point i had thrown out returns docket. I contacted them to tell what had happened. And phone within minutes was gone off the website completely. They explained that I Miss send phone back with letter explaining what had happened. It took me in total 38 DAYS to get my money back. Since then I have paid off account and won't be using them again. Best of luck x

Advertisement