Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir support - has anybody got through in the past week??

Options
  • 24-09-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I signed up to a new contract to remove the 1TB fair usage from my old account.  I was put on the 150 eir Fibre 150 MB and eir Broadband Talk Mobile World which is €77.98 per month. I don't need any call package, so I want to move to the "eir Broadband Talk" which is €67.99 per month. My new contract came into effect on Sep 17th, so I'm still in the 14 day cooling off period to change without any penalty. 

I tried to downgrade via the web chat, but I was told that this can't be done via web chat so I'd have to call instead :mad:. I've been trying to get through to the cancellation department since Wednesday, September 19th, but am not having any joy. I've been trying twice per day (in the morning on the way to work and again in the evening on the way home from work), but haven't managed to get to speak to anybody.  I got back on to web chat and explained that it was impossible to get through so they gave me another number to call. I tried to call this on Friday evening at 5:45 but I got a message saying they're closed since 6 - remember that this was 15 minutes BEFORE 6 - and they said to call again on Monday. 

Has anybody actually managed to get through to eir support in the past week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

gerard1970 wrote: »
    I signed up to a new contract to remove the 1TB fair usage from my old account.  I was put on the 150 eir Fibre 150 MB and eir Broadband Talk Mobile World which is €77.98 per month. I don't need any call package, so I want to move to the "eir Broadband Talk" which is €67.99 per month. My new contract came into effect on Sep 17th, so I'm still in the 14 day cooling off period to change without any penalty. 

I tried to downgrade via the web chat, but I was told that this can't be done via web chat so I'd have to call instead :mad:. I've been trying to get through to the cancellation department since Wednesday, September 19th, but am not having any joy. I've been trying twice per day (in the morning on the way to work and again in the evening on the way home from work), but haven't managed to get to speak to anybody.  I got back on to web chat and explained that it was impossible to get through so they gave me another number to call. I tried to call this on Friday evening at 5:45 but I got a message saying they're closed since 6 - remember that this was 15 minutes BEFORE 6 - and they said to call again on Monday. 

Has anybody actually managed to get through to eir support in the past week?
    Hi gerard1970, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been unable to get through to us, I understand this is frustrating. 

We are experiencing issues with long wait times for calls and webchat, we have a statement issued in relation to this here

Unfortunately, the customer care team will need to change this plan for you, we are unable to do so from here. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

If contacting eir id recommend giving about 1hr to the call to actually speak to somebody who knows what they are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

This is really insane. I'm currently 38 minutes on hold!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

47 minutes and counting...

If this takes much longer I will be looking elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I was close to 3 hours on hold last Friday.I was determined not to hang up as I need my phone for medical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

I finally got through this morning and got my phone plan changed.

Advertisement