Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir account holder deceased. Procedure to change name on account please?

Options
  • 24-09-2018 1:15pm

Hi,

what is the procedure to change the name on an account in these circumstances? Father has passed away in the last year and we haven't got around to doing this yet.

Thank you.

Comments

Hi, any chance of a response today on this?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

what is the procedure to change the name on an account in these circumstances? Father has passed away in the last year and we haven't got around to doing this yet.

Thank you.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

My deepest condolences for your loss. 

Our customer care team on 1901 will be able to arrange this for you and advise you on all from there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thank you.

What option would I choose after dialling 1901?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Thank you.

Wish you the best of luck.  When we telephoned to report a fault & disruption in service after account holder had died, got a swift we can only speak with the account holder after we told them that the account holder were dead.  Were also asked twice to provide them with proof of death.  A coroners certificate didn't do it!

Thank you.

No problem. 

You will need to pick option 5 to get through to them. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Wish you the best of luck.  When we telephoned to report a fault & disruption in service after account holder had died, got a swift we can only speak with the account holder after we told them that the account holder were dead.  Were also asked twice to provide them with proof of death.  A coroners certificate didn't do it!
    Hi Madelyn Obedient Speedway, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with ourselves, this is not acceptable and I understand that this is a difficult enough time for you. 

This is not the level of customer service we aim to provide. If you PM me the account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I will locate the agents you were dealing with and will escalate this so they can be trained further on this procedure. 

Did you get this issue resolved in the end?

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Thank you.

Wish you the best of luck. When we telephoned to report a fault & disruption in service after account holder had died, got a swift we can only speak with the account holder after we told them that the account holder were dead. Were also asked twice to provide them with proof of death. A coroners certificate didn't do it!
    Hi Madelyn Obedient Speedway,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with ourselves, this is not acceptable and I understand that this is a difficult enough time for you.

This is not the level of customer service we aim to provide. If you PM me the account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I will locate the agents you were dealing with and will escalate this so they can be trained further on this procedure.

Did you get this issue resolved in the end?

Thanks

Tracey
    No the issue didn't get resolved. I decided that I wanted nothing more to do with Eir when the response was that "we can only speak with the account holder" even though I had told both people that that person were dead, and then you's kindly put a block on the line preventing us from switching for some time.

Advertisement