Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Tutors for Home Tuition

Options
  • 24-09-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm a leaving cert student and I recently got approved for 10 hours of home tuition per week. I now have to find tutors and I don't really know how. I've advertised on gumtree and I'm thinking of putting an ad up on the notice board in the local library. I've heard there's an education website you can advertise on but I don't know what it is.

I'm also unsure if they have to be a qualified teacher in each individual subject (e.g. Biology teacher for biology) or if it can be someone that's experience in the subject but not qualified (e.g. Got a H1 in biology)

Anyone have any advice/ experience in finding tutors?

I'm in the West of Connaught and looking for tutors in higher level English, Biology, Art History and lower level Maths, Irish, French.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vestedinterest

Eve2001 wrote: »
    I'm a leaving cert student and I recently got approved for 10 hours of home tuition per week. I now have to find tutors and I don't really know how. I've advertised on gumtree and I'm thinking of putting an ad up on the notice board in the local library. I've heard there's an education website you can advertise on but I don't know what it is. Anyone have any advice/ experience in finding tutors?

Where are you based? I'm in Carlow and can teach Maths and Business if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Eve2001 wrote: »
    I'm a leaving cert student and I recently got approved for 10 hours of home tuition per week. I now have to find tutors and I don't really know how. I've advertised on gumtree and I'm thinking of putting an ad up on the notice board in the local library. I've heard there's an education website you can advertise on but I don't know what it is. Anyone have any advice/ experience in finding tutors?

It may be better if you could give some more details regarding your subject need and general area e.g. I'm in North Connaught, looking for Maths/Irish etc.

If someone is interested, take it to PM.

That website you are looking for is educationposts.ie. You put your ad in the 'Other Education' section. I think there is now a fee for this now. Not sure what it is.

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Eve2001

Where are you based? I'm in Carlow and can teach Maths and Business if that helps.

Thanks but Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Eve2001

It may be better if you could give some more details regarding your subject need and general area e.g. I'm in North Connaught, looking for Maths/Irish etc.

If someone is interested, take it to PM.

That website you are looking for is educationposts.ie. You put your ad in the 'Other Education' section. I think there is now a fee for this now. Not sure what it is.

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

Just edited, thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the Department are paying, it will have to be qualified, registered teachers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

educationposts.ie have a section for parents looking for home tuition, might be worth having a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Also check with your local schools to see if they have any subs in that might be interested.

Advertisement