Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misogyny and Vile attacks on children

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So now this is a thread about one particular mod and another thread ,
    But not the actual thread the big bold claims came from .

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The opening post has a mod warning!
    It as added at
    Last edited by freshpopcorn; 24-09-2018 at 19:26.
    The most beautiful woman in the world thread was created a few months before I became a mod.
    After Hours is different to other areas of Boards.
    Somethings are allowed that wouldn't be allowed in other forum and the reason is because it's After Hours.
    I know some people don't like this answer but some people doesn't want every post dictated/ over moderated either. In the way some of ye accept. People hate it.
    I have always being the same on Boards.ie since I joined. I moderate fairly end effectively.
    Dial Hard I reviewed your reported posts from the past year again and there want much to be done with a lot of them for various reasons.

Whats with all the sly digs at people for giving feedback?

This feels like "yeah we dont give a **** now f off and stop reporting posts"

Your attitude is actually quite appaling.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Whats with all the sly digs at people for giving feedback?

This feels like "yeah we dont give a **** now f off and stop reporting posts"

Your attitude is actually quite appaling.
    This is not feedback though. It's a complaint about moderation, and it's only reasonable for the people you are complaining about to come on here and explain their own position and address some of the points being raised by the "complainants"

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Beasty wrote: »
    This is not feedback though. It's a complaint about moderation, and it's only reasonable for the people you are complaining about to come on here and explain their own position and address some of the points being raised by the "complainants"

I originally posted it in the feedback forum. Not really sure at all why it got moved to be honest. I was giving feedback.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No you were not. Feedback is the making of suggestions to improve the site. This is simply a complaint about moderation of a specific thread in a specific forum, and Help Desk is here to deal with such complaints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement