Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do i really need a blending valve for my UFH

• 24-09-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

I'll try and keep this straight forward.  Current config, Hot pipe in to blending valve, heads off to the UFH zone manifold, returns out the cold side, and depending on the heat, lets the return back in, or sends it back off to the boiler for reheating. 
    Most modern UFH systems seem to have the zone pump between the hot and return side of the manifold, and on the return is controlled by what look to be a termometer, which closes off the return flow to the boiler, assuming the temp of the water stays the same, if not, it allow some back to the boiler, and takes in more hot water.

So, back to the initial point,  Do i need a blending valve before said Mixing pump unit. Given the water coming out of the boiler is prob 65 degrees.

Advertisement