Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed - contracts

Options
  • 24-09-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all I would be grateful for any advice please. I went sale agreed on a house 5 weeks ago and still have not received the first contracts. Supposedly the title deeds are still with the bank and they are holding all up. Is it normal for it to take this long for the banks to release the deeds?

Also I found out the seller owes money to the banks - could this be causing the hold up? Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

It took 5 weeks for ours to come through and our vendors didn’t owe money to the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Chrissyd2 wrote: »
    Hi all I would be grateful for any advice please. I went sale agreed on a house 5 weeks ago and still have not received the first contracts. Supposedly the title deeds are still with the bank and they are holding all up. Is it normal for it to take this long for the banks to release the deeds?

Also I found out the seller owes money to the banks - could this be causing the hold up? Thank you :)

Keep looking, sale agreed means you've probably a 60/40 chance of getting the house, sales fall through all the time. Sale agreed is the very worst time to stop looking. I know it's exhausting but keep going you're almost about half way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

We were Sale Agreed for 4 months and that was with the seller and us wanting to wrap it up quickly. Solicitors hold everything up. We were told that was average time. BTW, take above users advice, now is not the time to stop looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Does anyone know how long it takes for mortgage approval with Ulster Bank, am sale agreed about three or four weeks and awaiting approval, it's supposed to be at house valuation stage, I'm not sure if this is a positive sign, maybe someone could shed some light on this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

august12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for mortgage approval with Ulster Bank, am sale agreed about three or four weeks and awaiting approval, it's supposed to be at house valuation stage, I'm not sure if this is a positive sign, maybe someone could shed some light on this for me?

If you are at valuation stage you are in good shape. Banks don’t send the valuer till the very end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Chrissyd2

Thanks a million for your replies. Ill keep looking and fingers crossed something comes through.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You'd be better off asking your solicitor than asking here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

3DataModem wrote:
    If you are at valuation stage you are in good shape. Banks don’t send the valuer till the very end.

We had two sales fall through, one was post valuation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Simona1986 wrote:
    We had two sales fall through, one was post valuation

Why did they fall through,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

I would give two people a shout. Both are in the UK and both would be top in their knowledge of Vintage Rolex. Haywood Milton -

Issues with the deeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

We had ours (thankfully) only delayed on the day we were moving in! Issues can crop up at anytime.

Advertisement