Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlegarden issue

Options
  • 24-09-2018 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I have a castel ride on twin cut seems to be a safety switch issue will not start on key wil start when I cross the solenoid....it has the electric blade engagement so when I pull up up to engage the blades it sounds like it wants too but nothing happens thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The starting issue could be a safety switch or just the ignition switch either, you’ll need a multimeter and start testing.

The blades sounds like tue electronic clutch to me. If it were a safety interlock switch it wouldn’t sound like it’s trying.

My own castlegarden is having some problems with the electronic clutch on the blades too, it’s fine cold but after 40 minutes when it’s hot it gets it hard to engage the blades, I can hear a slight dull on the engine sound like it’s trying. I’ll check at weekend if there’s adjustment in the clutch but I don’t think there is, I think it’s a new clutch and that is about €300. Mine has done 16/17 years so it’s not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephen2418

_Brian wrote: »
    The starting issue could be a safety switch or just the ignition switch either, you’ll need a multimeter and start testing.

The blades sounds like tue electronic clutch to me. If it were a safety interlock switch it wouldn’t sound like it’s trying.

My own castlegarden is having some problems with the electronic clutch on the blades too, it’s fine cold but after 40 minutes when it’s hot it gets it hard to engage the blades, I can hear a slight dull on the engine sound like it’s trying. I’ll check at weekend if there’s adjustment in the clutch but I don’t think there is, I think it’s a new clutch and that is about €300. Mine has done 16/17 years so it’s not too bad.

How many safety switches is there do u know I know there’s one on seat but where else my mower is 2007 hopefully the clutch isn’t gone after 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

On mine there are three interlocks.

Seat, needs to be sat on
    Gearbox, engine starts only in Neutral
    Blade switch, Engine starts only when blades are off.

Can’t think of any others.

Really think if your engine dims a little when you pull the switch then it’s not an interlock, an interlock would prevent power going down to the electronic clutch. That’s how mine acts, just a slight dim in the engine like it’s being put under pressure, this is the clutch trying to engage but not actually doing it.

Advertisement