Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Phone signal dies occasionally...?

Options
  • 24-09-2018 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I'm with Tesco Mobile using an iPhone 6s Plus.

Occasionally, for no apparent reason, the four bars of phone signal will go grey and no calls can be made or received.

I have to power off/on the phone to restore the signal.

Any phone messages and texts (of the non-WiFi/non-4G variety) that have been sent while it was dead then pop-up.

Happens 2/3 times a month.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Not a big deal, just curious.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Dinarius wrote: »
    I'm with Tesco Mobile using an iPhone 6s Plus.

Occasionally, for no apparent reason, the four bars of phone signal will go grey and no calls can be made or received.

I have to power off/on the phone to restore the signal.

Any phone messages and texts (of the non-WiFi/non-4G variety) that have been sent while it was dead then pop-up.

Happens 2/3 times a month.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Not a big deal, just curious.

Thanks.

D.
    Go to settings then to phone then sim applications then select when abroad then select mode then select manual then select national, turn off your phone and leave it off for 5 mins then turn it on and that should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Belatedly, thanks.

Happens about once a day now.

Just tried your fix; will see how it works.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

I recently switched over to Tesco and am experiencing the very same problems on my Samsung Moto G. It's happened at least four times in the last two weeks. On top of this, the data speed is horrendously slow. Spotify rarely works when I'm out of WiFi range. Extremely poor service, I'll be switching to another network once the month is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

eoin88 wrote: »
    I recently switched over to Tesco and am experiencing the very same problems on my Samsung Moto G. It's happened at least four times in the last two weeks. On top of this, the data speed is horrendously slow. Spotify rarely works when I'm out of WiFi range. Extremely poor service, I'll be switching to another network once the month is out.
    Try what I said above and it should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

200motels wrote: »
    Try what I said above and it should sort it.

So far, so good.

No signal loss since I changed the settings.

Tks.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement