Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon firestick location issue!!

Options
  • 24-09-2018 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Everything on my new firestick works except amazon prime that gives me an error 5505 code.

So I regregised device. Go into amazon settings , click on device and dereguster there aswell. I click on locations and input my Irish address (there is never any address in her when I click on).

Regesited firestick and get same error message.

What’s funny is that my amazon prime works on my tv...

Only thing I can think of is when I initially setup the firestick I clicked on uk at setup but surely that shouldn’t matter? The amazon site says you can make alterations to firestick by dereguster option.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

I have same problem, it states on amazon, only for uk so I can only assume they have embedded code to show uk and anything else shows that error.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What is dereguster:confused:????

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sumach

Only option is to watch it through the Silk browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrPaulo

Hi, Same as above.
    Im an amazon prime member and can watch anything on my PC.
    But I bought a new 4k firestick for my TV and have the same error message 5505 when I try to watch anything on amazon prime.
    Does anyone know if a firestick bought in the UK is somehow locked not to work in southern Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

As far as I know, Amazon Prime Video only works on the basic fire stick in Ireland. The 4k one and the old original stick will give you that error. Why they offer an Irish service yet implement this region restriction on their own hardware is beyond me.

You can hassle their support to help you out though. I asked them for a solution and they switched my account to a UK one instead. It meant I could then play videos on the fire stick. But I ended up switching back, in case it caused issues down the line and just ditched the stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Thomas

I had the same problem. You can side load the Prime app onto the stick and it works no problem. Google it, it’s easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Thomas wrote: »
    I had the same problem. You can side load the Prime app onto the stick and it works no problem. Google it, it’s easy.

not that easy to google! I have installed a downloader but what url do you use to download prime app?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Thomas

clevtrev wrote: »
    not that easy to google! I have installed a downloader but what url do you use to download prime app?

Download aptoide and it’ll have prime as an app

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sumach

A new updated Prime Video app on my old firestick now works fine in Ireland. Has a new interface too, a little similar to the Netflix interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I've used Downloader app to get Aptoide and from there got the Prime app. Now works fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement