Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

D3V!L wrote: »
    Weather has now changed to "fair" by met.ie, so hopefully it wont be too bad.

I'd like to bring my own water and food for the day rather than eat junk on the day. Is there any restriction on bringing your own lunch etc ?

Can't see why not. Once you don't have it in a backpack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

D3V!L wrote: »
    Weather has now changed to "fair" by met.ie, so hopefully it wont be too bad.

I'd like to bring my own water and food for the day rather than eat junk on the day. Is there any restriction on bringing your own lunch etc ?

When I was there for Arcade Fire, they had amazing food stalls. Vegan, etc.... loads of healthy options. Pretty sure you can't bring stuff in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You're not allowed bring food. You can bring a bottle of water in, thats it.

Any stage times yet?

Anyone have a list of support acts?? Sorry if this is posted already :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone have a list of support acts?? Sorry if this is posted already :confused:
    Just Mustard on first,
    The Twilight Sad,
    Ride,
    then The Cure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Weepsie wrote: »
    Only realised this week the Twilight Sad were supporting. Didn't follow as I don''t have a ticket. I'd highly recommend anyone going to make sure they see them. They should be way bigger than they are.

Going to see them in Belfast the night before!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Just got this - interesting info about queuing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I know this has been brought up before, but I don’t think it was concluded – The most recent setlists have been mainly B-sides and then the full Disintegration album played.
    Someone here commented that it won’t be like that next weekend.
    Just wondering how can we be sure. I know there will be some who wouldn’t mind that set-up. But wouldn’t be for me.

I know this has been brought up before, but I don’t think it was concluded – The most recent setlists have been mainly B-sides and then the full Disintegration album played.
    Just wondering how can we be sure. I know there will be some who wouldn’t mind that set-up. But wouldn’t be for me.

I *think* it will be similar to their setlist from Hyde Park, 2018. I hope so !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I too think it'll be like Hyde Park and I'd be very happy indeed with that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Those Sydney gigs were billed as a Disintegration anniversary thing, so yeah I'd also agree this will be along the lines of Hyde Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Recent setlists were advertised as Disintegration anniversary celebrations ahead of time.

This is a day in the park, festival atmosphere summer gig that Smith will be savvy enough to know consists of die hards and casuals alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

do we have stage times yet?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Twilight sad sound similar to Slowdive, thanks for sharing Ghostdancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I *think* it will be similar to their setlist from Hyde Park, 2018. I hope so !!

I don't get why people like to check the set-list prior to a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I don't get why people like to check the set-list prior to a gig.

wasn't sure if you were taking the piss so checked your previous posts
    Irish_rat wrote: »
    It's pure guesswork but once I don't have to endure the script in Whelans. The manics, ham sandwich, kodaline, JVM and BOUTS would be grand but Biffy are obviously the standout act IMO.
    Similar to yourself some people would be worried about going to some gig they might not like and so check setlists to see what they are likely to play, so they do not have to endure a load of songs they do not like. If setlists are almost identical they can plan bar/toilet/smoke breaks around them.

The Cure have a big back catalogue, many might not like certain albums and so avoid a gig. Some would be very casual fans and so want to listen to songs they do not know which are likely to be played.

Some people like to check menus for restaurants in advance for similar reasons, I genuinely do not "get" how anybody could "get" this, and I certainly do also understand some might like a surprise and so would often use spoilers if talking about likely songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

I watched a replay of the live stream from the last night in Sydney. I loved it, but these gigs were specifically billed as Disintegration 40 year celebrations, with full album plus b-sides and related sessions. At the end of the set Robert announces he'll step away from Disintegration for the last couple of tracks but won't play the hits and is sticking to his guns on that. I'm paraphrasing, but that's roughly what he said. He then launches into Burn, Three Imaginary Boys and a cover (Pirate Ships).

I think that was that for Sydney. Saturday will likely be the regular concert set they've been touring for years. Usually they bookend the main set with either Disintegration, Wish or Bloodflowers album openers/closers. Then they rotate a lot of well known tracks and throw out the odd rarer-heard cut e.g. Other Voices when I saw them in Amsterdam a couple of years ago.

I expect this is what we'll see Sat unless they maybe test some of the new material due out later this year.

Anyway, really looking forward to it. Been listening to all the live albums all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

skD13 wrote: »
    I watched a replay of the live stream from the last night in Sydney. I loved it, but these gigs were specifically billed as Disintegration 40 year celebrations, with full album plus b-sides and related sessions. At the end of the set Robert announces he'll step away from Disintegration for the last couple of tracks but won't play the hits and is sticking to his guns on that. I'm paraphrasing, but that's roughly what he said. He then launches into Burn, Three Imaginary Boys and a cover (Pirate Ships).

Pirate ships was a cover from the Disintegration sessions though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

skD13 wrote: »
    these gigs were specifically billed as Disintegration 40 year celebrations,

Jaysus, don't do that to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus, don't do that to me...

Oops, 30, sorry. If it makes you feel any better :).

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

just a gentle suggestion to go see all four bands. the cure generally have good support and saturday's line up is very strong from start to finish

roll wrote: »
    just a gentle suggestion to go see all four bands. the cure generally have good support and saturday's line up is very strong from start to finish

Agree but Ride can get a bit "meh" after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

I have seen The Cure twice live. First was 1992 at the Point when I was 15 for the Wish Tour Always stands out as one of the best gigs I was ever at. Had a look on setlist to remind myself and Jesus Christ what a set list it was

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/1992/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-2bd780f2.html

Hopefully we get a good mix of songs on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Weepsie wrote: »
    Only realised this week the Twilight Sad were supporting. Didn't follow as I don''t have a ticket. I'd highly recommend anyone going to make sure they see them. They should be way bigger than they are.

Brilliant band, i've seen them twice supporting the Cure in Lisbon and Hyde Park. Really looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Goldigga wrote: »
    I have seen The Cure twice live. First was 1992 at the Point when I was 15 for the Wish Tour Always stands out as one of the best gigs I was ever at. Had a look on setlist to remind myself and Jesus Christ what a set list it was

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/1992/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-2bd780f2.html

Hopefully we get a good mix of songs on Saturday.

1992 was my first time seeing them as well. Great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

glennhysen wrote: »
    Brilliant band, i've seen them twice supporting the Cure in Lisbon and Hyde Park. Really looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday.

Remind me a bit of Talk Talk....

Stage times not announced yet.

Off topic but how the fook can Snow Patrol fill malahide castle ??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

heathen!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

That covers shoegaze as a whole, for me.

Advertisement