Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stage times not announced yet.

Off topic but how the fook can Snow Patrol fill malahide castle ??:confused:

They can't, there are still lots of tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Agree but Ride can get a bit "meh" after a while.
    Ride are the weak link for me, never warmed to them.
    would have much preferred Slowdive from the recent Cure support act pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

Saw them a couple of years ago in Madrid. They sounded great and played all the hits with exception of Love cats

Played for nearly 3 hours though and the songs I Didn't know were terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Ride are the weak link for me, never warmed to them.
    would have much preferred Slowdive from the recent Cure support act pool.

Saw Slowdive support the Cure in Hyde Park and they were transcendent. Ride were grand. I feel the same about their respective discographies however so I'm not really an impartial observer.

I can't believe Slowdive haven't been booked for a standalone show here since they reformed.

Anyway, Saturday should be epic. Expecting a greatest hits set a la Hyde Park although if they fancy playing Disintegration from start to finish I certainly wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

skD13 wrote: »

Getting excited about the gig now. I know they are encouraging public transport there. Anyone know is there anything as joined up as linking up the gig finish time with the last dart from Malahide at 23.15 and 15 mins walk away I think. Would hate to miss the end of the gig just to get the last train. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Hi, my mate pulled out so I've a ticket going for face if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

https://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/malahide-castle-concerts-2019/

Bus service here is also for 23:00.

2 and a half hour set, perhaps?

Actually the gig info doesn't really make much clear to me. Will there be constant darts running to cover this? I've never been to a gig at Malahide but aren't you essentially getting the bones of 20,000 people into town? That's a lot of trains and busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Weather isnt looking too good, hopefully it clears in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Weather isnt looking too good, hopefully it clears in the afternoon

Showers for the avo, but should be ok by the time the cure take to the stage!

Irish times have a bit about it (including the Possible set list, in case anyone doesn’t want spoilers)!

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-cure-at-malahide-castle-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3915399

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Seems like the Dart and the bus for the gig are all booked up. Anyone know any other ways to get back to the city centre afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rothko wrote: »
    Seems like the Dart and the bus for the gig are all booked up. Anyone know any other ways to get back to the city centre afterwards?

The dart is booked up?? There’ll be plenty of trains back.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

You cant book the dart, just hop on bud

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Ok, maybe I made a mistake, I haven't used the Dart before so not familiar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ok, maybe I made a mistake, I haven't used the Dart before so not familiar with it.

You're right to be cautious. God forbid you should be jumping someone else's train, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You're right to be cautious. God forbid you should be jumping someone else's train, eh?

...and on drums tonight Mr.Jason Cooper. (I miss Boris):(

tenor.gif?itemid=7320811

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

So dont make uneducated statements which could cause issues for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm going to have to leave early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

the weather forecast has improved even that bit more.Looking like a clear dry evening from about 6pm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I see Ride are playing workman's tomorrow night after malahide. Shame they didn't get twilight sad imo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I see Ride are playing workman's tomorrow night after malahide. Shame they didn't get twilight sad imo :)

Still, Ride in a small venue like that could be pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Decided not to go to Malahide in the end but I got a ticket for Ride in the Workmans, thanks for posting that here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

This will be the 3rd time to see them

Saw them in the RDS in 89 and had a broken leg so had to sit down then saw them in the Point in 92 and both great gigs

Not been to a gig in Malahide before does it get packed in the village afterwards as may hang on afterwards wait for crowd to die down before trying to get home. See if I can sneak in a few Duffs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/dublin

TOMORROW - SATURDAY 8TH JUNE
    A mix of cloudy and sunny spells tomorrow. Dry for much of day, but passing showers too – especially in afternoon. Moderate west winds. Highest temperatures 15 or 16 degrees.

And with that in mind, happy Cure eve! Looking forward to getting the Aircoach from Cork tomorrow morning with a weird mix of old Cure heads and young Metallica fans. At a sprightly 28, I'll look like I'm going to the wrong gig. I'm definitely not, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Official stage times per entertainment.ie
    SATURDAY, JUNE 8TH

4pm - Gates open
    5pm - Just Mustard
    5.55pm - The Twilight Sad
    6.55pm - Ride
    8.25pm - The Cure

Will surely play until 11 so. I had a look at setlist of a gig they did in March. If it's anything like this, it will be some spectacle.

For anyone that has done Malahide gig before, is it difficult to get DART back into town afterwards i.e. is there a mad scramble for say 10,000 people to get approx 2,000 spaces on the trains. Or do they keep running trains until they accommodate everyone that wants to get back in. Thanks.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2019/kenilworth-racecourse-cape-town-south-africa-3925d1b.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Does anyone know if they put down the plastic ground covering at the Malahide gigs?
    I'm thinking the ground might be a bit mushy after Snow Patrol and rain bucketing tonight.Trying to make the decision between my docs and wellies.Docs are far comfier but don't want to totally ruin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Does anyone know if they put down the plastic ground covering at the Malahide gigs?

There was no plastic ground covering there at 8:00 last night, so unless they're putting it down today, I would assume they won't have it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This will be the 3rd time to see them

Saw them in the RDS in 89 and had a broken leg so had to sit down then saw them in the Point in 92 and both great gigs

Not been to a gig in Malahide before does it get packed in the village afterwards as may hang on afterwards wait for crowd to die down before trying to get home. See if I can sneak in a few Duffs.....

Be very wary of what time the last Dart leaves. Had to run for it myself after Radiohead a few years ago. You don't want to have to get a taxi!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Per the DART online timetable, last DART from Malahide is 11.35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope to god the rain clears up early enough. Getting a bus there and back which will have us there for around 4.00pm, so it will be a long day of standing if it isn't dry enough to sit down on the grass for a while! Have never really been to a concert of this scale outside of festivals. What way will the arena be set up? Will there be many food stalls/bars? Trying to decide whether to eat before leaving or having something up there. Also does anyone know what kind of drink we can expect to be served?

Advertisement