Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Does anyone know if they put down the plastic ground covering at the Malahide gigs?

A report on the ground conditions by anyone attending SP tonight would be appreciated alright. Would rather not don the wellies unless I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Per the DART online timetable, last DART from Malahide is 11.35.

There's another one at 00.13. Be warned that the last two Darts terminate at Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Birneybau wrote: »
    Be very wary of what time the last Dart leaves. Had to run for it myself after Radiohead a few years ago. You don't want to have to get a taxi!

Both Northsiders and malahide would have been my drinking haunt ages ago so we don't get out much so going to make night of it so taxi possible

Watched live stream of Sydney gig and the Grumpy Smith still has it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Both Northsiders and malahide would have been my drinking haunt ages ago so we don't get out much so going to make night of it so taxi possible

Watched live stream of Sydney gig and the Grumpy Smith still has it

Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

skD13 wrote: »
    A report on the ground conditions by anyone attending SP tonight would be appreciated alright .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Smashing Pumpk -??!
    .... oh... :o

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope to god the rain clears up early enough. Getting a bus there and back which will have us there for around 4.00pm, so it will be a long day of standing if it isn't dry enough to sit down on the grass for a while! Have never really been to a concert of this scale outside of festivals. What way will the arena be set up? Will there be many food stalls/bars? Trying to decide whether to eat before leaving or having something up there. Also does anyone know what kind of drink we can expect to be served?

Heineken, Guinness and cider last year. Lots of food options.

Stage is at the front of the field, toilets and water etc is at the back of the field where you come in and beer stalls and food stalls are along the sides. Was handy enough to get food and drinks and you don't miss any of the concert while doing it. It's a decent set up. Now all we have to do is pray it's dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No rain on the forecast now and looking about 15, 16 degrees in the afternoon and 50% chance of cloud cover. Hell of a lot better than it was looking earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Been slowly improving all week, hopefully they are right!

Really looking forward to this now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Damn, was going to book bus tickets the other morning but thought I'd have a lift instead. That's fallen through now and the bus is booked out. I don't want to have to leave early, what are the chances I'll make a dart back into city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    There's another one at 00.13. Be warned that the last two Darts terminate at Connolly.

Where are you seeing this? Irish Rail journey planner is saying 11:15 Is the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Thinking of getting bus home from Dublin airport Sunday at 1am to Cork
    Just wondering if it'll be doable to get a bus from Malahide to Dublin airport..Is this a good or bad idea?

askU wrote: »
    Just wondering if it'll be doable to get a bus from Malahide to Dublin airport..Is this a good or bad idea?

You'd probably have to go into town and back out. Taxi would be about 20 quid and a lot faster if you can get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Goldigga wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this? Irish Rail journey planner is saying 11:15 Is the last one

I'm seeing one for 23:35?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm seeing one for 23:35?

There is one on the sunday timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got sorted with a ticket this morning so looking forward to my fifth Cure concert (1989 RDS, 1992 Point, 2004 Oxegen, 2018 Hyde Park)
    Driving to a mate's house so will have a 40 minute walk to and from the venue. Don't mind that.

Am thinking of wearing old runners as I find wellies and boots most uncomfortable.

Get the train, if you can't afford the whole journey just hide in the toilet when the ticket man comes around but don't lock the door or he'll be waiting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bt25

I have two tickets looking for a good home going for 135 if anyone is interested or know someone who might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What's the DART like after these gigs? Considering there's 1000's of people and only a couple of DARTs going after the gig, is it a free for all?

What's the DART like after these gigs? Considering there's 1000's of people and only a couple of DARTs going after the gig, is it a free for all?

13rail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

ticketmaster.ie have a bus from Penrose Quay to Malahide Castle, leaving Cork at 12 noon and returning 45 minutes after the concert. €30 return.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

anyone know if there are any non alcoholic beers like heineken 0.0 on sale at the cure gig in malahide tomorrow night?

[PHP][/PHP]
    candyman wrote: »
    anyone know if there are any non alcoholic beers like heineken 0.0 on sale at the cure gig in malahide tomorrow night?

Mate at Snow Patrol says there's Heiniken Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

[PHP][/PHP]

Mate at Snow Patrol says there's Heiniken Zero.

....And what does he say about the surface? Good to firm? Hiking boots or old converse are in the mix for tomorrow, so any insight would be very much appreciated!

Le Bruise wrote: »
    ....And what does he say about the surface? Good to firm? Hiking boots or old converse are in the mix for tomorrow, so any insight would be very much appreciated!

Says it's grand. Lots of people getting by with trainers. I'm definitely not bringing the wellies. Also, you can do an Instagram search on posts from Malahide Castle & Gardens and you'll see the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Says it's grand. Lots of people getting by with trainers. I'm definitely not bringing the wellies. Also, you can do an Instagram search on posts from Malahide Castle & Gardens and you'll see the craic.

Thank you kind sir, my feet are forever in your debt!

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Thank you kind sir, my feet are forever in your debt!

No bother. Enjoy the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sold my tickets:mad:

Might head to Dundrum Cinema as a consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

ticketmaster.ie have a bus from Penrose Quay to Malahide Castle, leaving Cork at 12 noon and returning 45 minutes after the concert. €30 return.

Thanks but it went off sale on Wednesday online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Anyone drive to Snow Patrol?
    Coming from the weeesst so need car nearby to get back to the weeestt!
    Hoping to get there by 3 for carpark opening and have a few sangwitches and a flask of tae for the long wait getting out of the carpark afterwards! Or a few tinnies of heineken zero!
    Any advice on carpark would be great.

Advertisement