Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Saw The Twilight Sad supported by Just Mustard in Belfast. Well worth going in early for them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Cure are/where on my bucket list/wish bands to see live and today it has come. So looking forward to it. The original GN’R was another and I got to as close to that as possible for now. All I need now is for Morrissey and Jonny Marr to get together again but that might be a bit unrealistic.

This is the first song that really got me into The Cure. Enjoy the gig boys and girls.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can't wait, saw them last year in Hyde Park, absolutely magic. Leaving galway soon to head up..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Arazi1

bt25 wrote: »
    I have two tickets looking for a good home going for 135 if anyone is interested or know someone who might be?

Are they still available? Physical tickets or e-tickets? What area are you located in?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Just had a scan of insta and ground looks good. Few pics from people in the park this morning and once it stays dry today we’re golden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Does anyone know roughly how long the walk is from the Grand hotel to the pedestrian entrance for the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

glucifer wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long the walk is from the Grand hotel to the pedestrian entrance for the gig?

5 mins

5 mins

Thanks... walking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

AccuWeather has showers predicted at 12, 2 and 8pm for Malahide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Thanks... walking?

Yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Thanks... walking?

Could take as much as 8 minutes if you have to wait for the green light at the pedestrian crossing in Malahide central!

Could take as much as 8 minutes if you have to wait for the green light at the pedestrian crossing in Malahide central!

Ah nice one sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Anyone park last night. Aiming to park in grounds but got in car half hour ago and had a flat tyre ffs. 3 hours driving once its fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Anyone park last night. Aiming to park in grounds but got in car half hour ago and had a flat tyre ffs. 3 hours driving once its fixed!

They'll only let you in the car park via the Back Road (the opposite side of the demesne from the designated concert entrance for pedestrians *) and it won't open until an hour before gates anyway. Gates are 4:00, so your puncture delay is kind of moot. I'd say you'll be okay getting there even a bit after 3:00.

* I'm assuming they'll let drivers join the queue for the concert site by walking straight over from the car park, since its in sight of the stage. Anything else would be ludicrous.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Booked a couple of tickets for the 22:51 InterCity instead after the gig. What time would we want to leave to make sure we get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Booked a couple of tickets for the 22:51 InterCity instead after the gig. What time would we want to leave to make sure we get it?

15 mins.

Was at Snowpatrol last night. Ground was perfect so no issues with footwear.

Sound was good.

Queue for beers well managed and only took a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any hard liquor?

Any hard liquor?

Don’t think so. Heineken, Heineken zero, some cider, desperados in bottles and mini bottles of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Afternoon listening

62171629_10162033837525089_9091858978610085888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=42e1f88fdbd79582435f13a547098b05&oe=5D51446F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Was at that gig! Wembley - July 1989. The version of Fascination Street was incredible! Hoping for that tune and A Night Like This tonight - will go home ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Was at that gig! Wembley - July 1989. The version of Fascination Street was incredible! Hoping for that tune and A Night Like This tonight - will go home ðŸ˜႒

I caught them on the RDS leg (Saturday) of that tour. Best gig ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any pics of the site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

I have one spare ticket at face value, I’m going myself and can meet in Malahide but won’t be there until around 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Sun shining in Malahide. Bring on the Cure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Pretty strict on the bags, wasnt allowed to bring my backpack in with me even though I just had a jacket in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Pretty strict on the bags, wasnt allowed to bring my backpack in with me even though I just had a jacket in it!

Yeah they seemed pretty strict on bags. It has to be the same size as an a4 ticket,any bigger and it's risky it seems. Ground is nice and dry. Great weather and the site looks great. Just mustard are on at the moment. Sound is really good so far

Can actually hear the band from the Grand hotel here, having a couple if cans before popping in. Weather is great. I like the fact that there is no "pit" for the gig, will wander down one side and cut in somewhere before the Cure come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Lots of sound problems with Smith's vocals on the mic. Only hear them quite low where we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Corholio wrote: »
    Lots of sound problems with Smith's vocals on the mic. Only hear them quite low where we are.

I was about 20 rows from the front. Couldn't hear a thing. Just sounded like a muddy mess. Now sitting near one of the bars and it sounds a lot better but the vocals are far too low

Advertisement