Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Would love to see them live. Anyone know when tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

No venue announced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

I'd imagine a announcement will be made this weekend on venue and tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd absolutely love it to be Royal Hospital Kilmainham. A 3 min walk versus an hour one at Slane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,662 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd absolutely love it to be Royal Hospital Kilmainham. A 3 min walk versus an hour one at Slane ;)

Jaysus fair play if you can walk from Kilmainham to Slane in an hour :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

The Cure vs Metallica is no decision for me. Didn't like Metallica even when they were good and Cure are one of the best bands ever. Any idea where and when would tickets come up? Shouldn't be long I imagine and you'd want to be on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hmmm, tempted by this but they’d need to be starting right early in order to give any sort of longish show.

Ha. Between 9am and 6pm, Slane was where I though I was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

We flew over to the Hyde Park gig during the summer and the one in Dublin is about a 20 minute walk for us from Drimnagh too :D

You can bet The Cure aren't going to charge 100 Euro odd for tickets as well.

The Cure vs Metallica is no decision for me.

Same, but I love Ghost :)
    D3V!L wrote: »
    We flew over to the Hyde Park gig during the summer

I heard Hyde Park was incredible. I hope they play Burn here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Have you seen the Meltdown setlist they done? Don't get me wrong, I want the hits in Dublin, but this is fan service:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2018/royal-festival-hall-london-england-63ea2a1f.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

"Kiss me" is one of my favorite albums of all time

Yeah it's brilliant, love these two:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

Have you seen the Meltdown setlist they done? Don't get me wrong, I want the hits in Dublin, but this is fan service:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2018/royal-festival-hall-london-england-63ea2a1f.html
    No strange attraction/ lullabye/hanging garden etc hope they differ it left out loads on this set

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

To be fair, they should just play all their songs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    To be fair, they should just play all their songs

They generally do:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/07/the-cures-robert-smith-i-was-very-optimistic-when-i-was-young-now-im-the-opposite
    These days, the Cure are predominately a live act, renowned for their epic, multi-encore shows. In Mexico City, as a 53rd-birthday treat, Smith tried to break Bruce Springsteen’s record of 4hr 6min, but miscalculated and fell three minutes short. “I was a bit crushed,” he says, “because we could have honestly kept going for another half an hour.” Friends, bandmates and critics have all suggested he leave the audience wanting more, but he keeps going because he enjoys it so much, and because he thinks he owes it to the fans. “I still think of that person who’s there thinking, ‘I wish they wouldn’t stop. I wish they wouldn’t stop.’”

Birneybau wrote: »

4hrs, would that even get them through the join the dots box set?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Saw them only 2 years ago in Amsterdam. Amazing. 2.5 hour gig, 3 encores one of which was all from Seventeen Seconds. I was nearly in tears.

Saw them years ago in London too, a cracker. EP here was poor. Short set, sparse croud, just wasn't the right setting for them.

I want to see them kill it here. Looking forward to this big time.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    4hrs, would that even get them through the join the dots box set?

I'd die happy if they ever played This Twilight Garden.

I'd die happy if they ever played This Twilight Garden.

If they played chain of flowers I'd be happy, don't wanna die though.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

skD13 wrote: »
    Saw them only 2 years ago in Amsterdam. Amazing. 2.5 hour gig, 3 encores one of which was all from Seventeen Seconds. I was nearly in tears.

Saw them years ago in London too, a cracker. EP here was poor. Short set, sparse croud, just wasn't the right setting for them.

I want to see them kill it here. Looking forward to this big time.

Short set? There are 39 songs on their setlist from that night https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2012/stradbally-hall-stradbally-ireland-6bdc5e86.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Short set? There are 39 songs on their setlist from that night https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2012/stradbally-hall-stradbally-ireland-6bdc5e86.html

Sorry, I meant Oxygen in 04. Must have been half asleep last night when I posted. I missed the EP gig which I heard was great.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2004/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-23d7e0df.html

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

skD13 wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant Oxygen in 04. Must have been half asleep last night when I posted. I missed the EP gig which I heard was great.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2004/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-23d7e0df.html

Ha, that's alright. I thought something was up, since I was at that EP gig and it went on all night. It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Big fan of The Cure, i've seen them play loads of times most recently in Hyde Park in July.

What you'll get is 2.5 hours minimum containing loads of hits plus a few more unusual songs for the fans.

Oxygen in 2004 was probably the worst Cure gig I was ever at. Wembley Arena in 2008 was my favourite (3.5 hrs, 41 songs)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Kilmainham is where the staff have been told

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

walked out of the oxegen gig and the EP gig - I like the cure a lot but those sets seemed to be for the die hard fan and possibly even more relevant for people who were not wrecked after milling around a festival for the day.

I'd say a stand alone gig would be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

argentum wrote: »
    Kilmainham is where the staff have been told

Was hoping it would be the 3 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Don’t get everyone wanting kilmainham, the atmosphere of a cure concert is surely best suited to an indoor venue, saw them play the wish tour in the point and is still probably the best concert I’ve ever been too, was only 16, don’t know how my parents let me go!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

shane. wrote: »
    Don’t get everyone wanting kilmainham, the atmosphere of a cure concert is surely best suited to an indoor venue, saw them play the wish tour in the point and is still probably the best concert I’ve ever been too, was only 16, don’t know how my parents let me go!

Yeah, I'm really hoping it's an inside venue. I haven't seen them live before but I don't think an outdoor gig would suit them at all.

I thought oxygen was savage and everyone I know said Hyde Park was great. It's really all about how good they get the sound maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

War on drugs open stage at RHK earlier this year sound was OK not great very low volume

Anyone know when tickets out ? Ta

Advertisement