Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Cure were great live in Hyde park. I'm still hoping for an indoor gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Excited for this gig! Would love if it was in the Point (or whatever it's called these days!). Never attended a gig at Kilmainham.

Could RDS or Marley Park be options?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

argentum wrote: »
    Kilmainham is where the staff have been told

What staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Larsso30 wrote: »
    What staff?

His butler and maid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

glastonbury headliners 1986
    i am a massive RUSH fan also and seen them live many times

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/the-50-best-glastonbury-performances/the-cure/

amazeballs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Larsso30 wrote: »
    What staff?

The ones that work there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭blue note

Malahide please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

When it sells out quickly, as it will, any possibility they'll add an extra night..... fecking hope so. I wanna go to Slane and The Cure.

I would have thought that this would go on sale on payday... they'll hardly wait until the end if this month to release tickets will They? I agree that they likely only announced this date to save the inevitable clash with Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Its Malahide

Urggggg

• Advertisement

fillup wrote: »
    Its Malahide

Urggggg

Has this been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

fillup wrote: »
    Its Malahide

Urggggg

Ballcocks.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

glucifer wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed?

Yup. Exclusive launch on Newstalk this morning - Newstalk the home of alternative music and middle aged, middle classed moans and gripes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,576 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Oh great, instead of one awkward venue to get to, they've decided to go for two for the clash. Split transport resources a bit more.
    Malahide puts slane back in the picture for me. Had hoped it'd be city centre, either tcd or iveagh or kilmainham etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Was my first big gig in the RDS in 1989, 30 year anniversary gig is nice of them.

When it sells out quickly, as it will, any possibility they'll add an extra night..... fecking hope so. I wanna go to Slane and The Cure.

What makes you think it'll sell out quickly? A whole bunch of prospective attendees are going to a different gig so that cuts into the speed of sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What makes you think it'll sell out quickly? A whole bunch of prospective attendees are going to a different gig so that cuts into the speed of sales.

Is there much of a cross section between the cure and Metallica? No cure can I know likes Metallica.

It's early, so I don't think I used a word right there.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is there much of a cross section between the cure and Metallica? No cure can I know likes Metallica.

It's early, so I don't think I used a word right there.

I would say yes, there is a massive cross section. I can't think of a single person in my bunch of friends who exclusively likes one band or the other and wouldn't go see both.
    This thread alone suggests similar with a lot of posts stating they'd have gone to Metallica if this wasn't announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

They wont sell out Malahide, they can up the capacity to 35k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tickets €69.50, about the right price I would say. Haven't been to Malahide for a gig, bit awkward to get to, was hoping it would have been in Kilmainham.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Awful. That's really taken the buzz out of things a bit, for me.

Do buses run or what's the craic? Have never been to Malahide but have heard garbage things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Dear Jesus...not Malahide.

:(:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no issues with getting to/from LCD Soundsystem there this year.

get on DART/train at Connolly, get off in Malahide, walk 5mins.
    queued for about 10mins after the gig at the station and was back in the city centre by 11:30 at the latest.

would have preferred Kilmainham, but Malahide is easier than Marlay Park at least.

queued for about 10mins after the gig at the station and was back in the city centre by 11:30 at the latest.

would have preferred Kilmainham, but Malahide is easier than Marlay Park at least.
    I like this. I'm going to listen to you and think no more of it :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

No, Malahide is a disaster.
    Have a read here : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107272688

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Managed to find someone whose never been to a a concert on the last page of that thread:
    Its very simple

1. Anyone carrying booze should have been refused travel at Malahide
    2. Anyone intoxicated should have been refused travel at Malahide
    3. There should have been security on the train

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

No, Malahide is a disaster.
    Have a read here : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107272688
    all I'm seeing there is a load of pissed-up Liam Gallagher fans causing problems, damaging trains, and walking along the tracks, leading to even more problems.
    no issues at any other gigs there this summer as far as I'm aware.
    I know people at LCD, Kodaline and Chic and no-one mentioned any problems. I found it perfect for LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bit of a different crowd for the Cure than for LG. Most of the headcases will be in Slane anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

What is the easiest route to get to the concert if driving please?

Advertisement