Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

More being dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

boyznoise wrote: »
    More being dropped

More tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

More being dropped

You beauties!!! I got two!!!
    Thanks a mill everyone :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I wonder have they increased the capacity .
    Picked up a few anyway ,I will be in the good books with the missus.
    Time to root around for my old carpet coat for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Got a ticket today, delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sorry for stepping away from the thread subject momentarily - but has there really been any gig in recent years which has proper sold out, and where it was next to impossible to get a ticket for. With the birth of social media and toutless, there will nearly always be tickets available. The only one I can recall myself is when the National played in Vicar Street recently. And for Green Day in Kilmainham, there were very few spares available, even right up to the gig.

Yeah it's rare the gig you won't get tickets for if you're determined.

Outdoor gigs are never an issue, apart maybe from u2 in Croke Park last time, but even then, all my pals who wanted one got sorted eventually..

There is always ticket drops even for the most sought after gigs, picked up 2 tickets for U2 for the Sat night week of gig the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Got two an hour ago, friend tried just now and none available.

Looks like all gone, I would still keep trying every so often though

Back on sale again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

Back on sale again

Just got some, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Thanks so much!!!! Just picked up 2 tickets there! Thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, cheers. Grabbed my one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

Fair play boyznoise! Got 2 tickets today!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Got one just now.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Again, thanks so much for the heads up. Got 2 tickets just now, my fiance is absolutely over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

How do you find out when they release more tickets? If I don't get two by Christmas for herself and her sister I may as well pack the dog and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Just had a look for a couple of tickets. None available only inflated prices from touts which I refuse to pay.
    If anyone knows of face value tickets available let me know.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elephanttalk

Looks like there are more tickets up on ticketmaster at the moment - I just got two.

Looks like there are more tickets up on ticketmaster at the moment - I just got two.

Thanks a million :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hoboo wrote: »
    How do you find out when they release more tickets? If I don't get two by Christmas for herself and her sister I may as well pack the dog and leave.

Thanks a million :D

Glad you and the dog will have a roof over your heads this Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Just got x2 tickets from Ticketmaster ( e tickets?). Can't believe it, actually found out there was more tickets available by accident and went ahead and bought.
    So looking forward to the concert.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Deadly thanks for that! Still there this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not complaining as I've managed to nab tix for a few friends who missed out, but what the hell is going on?

Strange that tix seem to up every day

maximoose wrote: »
    Not complaining as I've managed to nab tix for a few friends who missed out, but what the hell is going on?

Strange that tix seem to up every day

Anti-tout tactic I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elephanttalk

Anti-tout tactic I'd imagine.

Maybe promoters underestimated the demand for tickets (it's been a while since The Cure played a solo gig here) and are in the process of expanding capacity of the gig.

Very possibly. Just guessing. Past few years has seen similar drip feeding, but no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

I think the sold out thing is an ego trip for artists. Its always sold out in 45 minutes. Makes them feel a bit important and also makes people panic into looking for tickets and creating additional demand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I think the sold out thing is an ego trip for artists. Its always sold out in 45 minutes. Makes them feel a bit important and also makes people panic into looking for tickets and creating additional demand.

I think they do tranches. E.g. if there is a max capacity of 20k, they release 15k and if they sell out they release another 5k in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mogwai and The Twilight Sad playing the day The Cure are headlining Mad Cool.
    please please please

Advertisement