Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wires for pir motion sensor

Options
  • 24-09-2018 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I'm fitting an outside flood light with a motion sensor. I have a roll of 3 core wire with brown blue And yellow/ green. Question is would it be safe to use these colours to wire the sensor, I need a live in neutral and live out to the light. Just want it to be safe for someone else that may be at it in the future. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Needs 2 browns

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin.d

Thanks for all the help. So what type cable do I need?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

KoolKid wrote: »

Yes that would do it, just remember that it can’t be used outdoors unless it is protected from sunlight. So in conduit would be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin.d

Perfect koolkid thank you very much. That's all I needed to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 davidmpm

Surely you could tape the blue neutral wire Brown at both ends so you know it is acting as a live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

davidmpm wrote: »
    Surely you could tape the blue neutral wire Brown at both ends so you know it is acting as a live

This is absolutely not permitted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

davidmpm wrote: »

Breaking numerous rules by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

If he get the above cable, he still will have to sleeve the black brown its still a nein no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement