Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start

Options
  • 24-09-2018 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a little guidance on where to start.
    I'm a 22 year old female, 5'4 and have always been very slim. As I've never had to think about weight, I've never really focused on nutrition or exercising. I'm now between 7.5 - 8 stone but have absolutely no muscle and am a little flabby and soft around my tummy. My diet is pretty high in fat and protein but little sugar. 
    I'd love to gain some strength - mainly for health reasons but it wouldn't hurt to look a bit more toned too. I've literally never used anything in a gym except a treadmill. I know there are youtube videos and that - but the thought of using any of the machines is very intimidating. I also really don't have much free time. Would a class like pilates or something be a good place to start? And would I have to change my diet to see any results?
    Any advice?

Advertisement