Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120 deer culled in Killarney.

• 25-09-2018 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

Could someone oblige by putting up a link from today's Examiner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Large numbers of deer are being culled at night by shooting “randomly” into herds, said the commission, which advises the Government on deer management and deer conservation.

Random, night-time shooting brought stress on the herd and was a danger to motorists, too, said spokesman Damien Hannigan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When did they get the job advising the government on deer management?

an organisation with how many members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

the more The Irish Deer Commission open their mouth, the more I don't like them

Randomly shooting in terms of hunting is a strong accusation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Culls have being going on in Kerry for years on reds and Sika what the problem there not going to listen to us and why should the listen to any of these made up deer groups .
    I have shot deer in Kerry a good few years ago with no problems with a lot less hunting licences around and no experts telling me other wise

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Let them keep speaking the hole they are digging is only going to get bigger. They have already criticised the NPWS, not a good way to make new friends.
    Unless your end goal is to replace the NPWS with a private outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Are you signing up to a deer hunting organisation or the Masons going by their conditions?
    Ws looking for ...
    RULE Nr 1 You do not talk about the Irish Deer commission.:P

http://irishdeercommission.ie/product/membership/

The reasons people" join" Are utterly compelling and I'm sending them 20 quid right away.

From their own website.
    http://irishdeercommission.ie/about/

Here are some of the reasons why people say they have joined the Irish Deer Commission!

“Because I have read and do like the aims and objectives of the commission and the route it seems to be taking. They also have a lot of experience involved”
    “Information on deer management and a progressive Association”
    “To become part of an organization with sustainable deer management at its core”
    “Meet like-minded people interested in conservation of the national deer herd”
    “To help promote safe deer management”
    “Interested in all thing deer hunting and conservation”
    “Great people on the chairs, has to be worthwhile”
    “As a deer stalker I feel I should be a member”
    “To gain better knowledge of deer stalking through interaction with other members”
    “New to deer stalking”
    “To meet like-minded hunters and learn”
    “To support deer and deer conservation”

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Typical standard advertising spin, were names and details of these "people" available to verify, I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Those comments are as useful as a chocolate fire guard it should read
    The blind leading the blind imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

The NPWS rangers were randomly shooting into herds at night? I somehow doubt that. There are too many reds in Killarney, what do they propose? That they get paid to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The NPWS rangers were randomly shooting into herds at night? I somehow doubt that. There are too many reds in Killarney, what do they propose? That they get paid to do it?

I would expect the NPWS staff to be paid while they're working alright. I don't expect anyone to work for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I would expect the NPWS staff to be paid while they're working alright. I don't expect anyone to work for free.

The deer commission should be paid to do it instead, of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Wasn’t there talk at one stage about reintroducing wolves to Killarney national park, in the same way they did in Yellowstone a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

revelman wrote: »
    Wasn’t there talk at one stage about reintroducing wolves to Killarney national park, in the same way they did in Yellowstone a few years back?

that was wicklow and the article was published on the 1/april

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

ganmo wrote: »
    that was wicklow and the article was published on the 1/april

My poor attempt at a humorous remark obviously didn't work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Don't be surprised if a certain edjit from Callan ora local politician from that neck of the woods espouses it as a solution.:rolleyes::p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if a certain edjit from Callan ora local politician from that neck of the woods espouses it as a solution.:rolleyes::p

Or turn the national park into an intoxicated driving area. That'll take care of a few deer and a handful of idiots at the same time. As long as the man you mentioned gets the drinks concession he'll be grand.

Advertisement