Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tubeless tyres

• 25-09-2018 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm competing in my first Ironman race in the next few weeks :eek: and with the race getting close have started to panic about my tubeless tyres. I bought the bike second hand a few months ago and it appears that the tyres are glued. Have got them checked out by LBS and they seem to be fine with no holes etc. Have asked about sealant but the guys in the LBS weren't able to add it as the valve was missing something? So my question is, am I mad to use tubeless or should I try to source wheels with tubes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Tubeless is the best way to go! I changed and will never go back! You can put a tube in too if you have problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i guess you are talking about tubular tyres and not tubless.
    and the guys could not get sealand in as the tyres do not have a removeable valve core.
    it depends on which tyre you have but a good solid tubular in barca if under 70 kg is v unlikley to puncture ...

Advertisement