Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travellers want a state apology

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What a vile money sponging waste she really is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Casey No. 1
    At last someone tells it as it is with that crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

She would have spelt it cntu

That's the difference between her kind and our kind I know what I think of them but I keep it off the internet and out of my actions I follow the rules.

Her kind and their behaviour has a very real impact on this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Seems to be having issues with her keyboard.

Some bugger put letters on it. ows she spoised to spel wit al dem tings on de puter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Dey tuk owr jerbs!!

No wait, no they didnt!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Dey tuk owr jerbs!!

No wait, no they didnt!

dey tuk owr tools:D

Shocking how much air time she gets.

I've only ever had 2 occasions in work where coming across a traveler hasn't turned into threats of violence or trying to get a free ride etc.

They have burgled a number of houses on my road over the years and have CCtv of 2 doing so on 2 occasions.

I've had 3 rock up to the house and were watching it. They left a note on a car in my drive.

The note had a estate agent phone number on it.
    How weird is that but they were spotted by a neighbour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No fan of Casey but I think he's spot on with these comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Opening for a new political party. PBH. People before Horses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

State apology my a.rse.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's multiple kicks in the bollocks they want, not a bleedin apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Even if they gave them stables for there horses the horses would probably prefer to sleep in the horse trailer outside the stable .

If anyone thinks they need an apology then they need to do some serious searching on the likes of Google and YouTube.

Many many many articles and videoes of how they really carry themselves.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Absolute boils my brain their carry on. I pass that empty site on a regular basis in Thurles and it's a disgrace. They contribute NOTHING to society and are a pain on peoples lives. They have headstones worth €50k each above in the cemetery in Thurles, 3 of them side by side, they can build what they want where they want and respect no-one else's graves beside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭contrary_devil

The situation with the houses in Thurles isn't a one off. Last year (2017) I was regularly delivering materials to a building site where houses were being built for tarvellers. One day i got talking to the gaffer on the site and he said in the original plans there was to be concrete to put down around the back and half way along the sides of the houses with the front and the remainder of the sides to be tarmaced. The intended occupants weren't happy with this and had threatened to burn the houses if the whole area wasn't concreted.
    This gang of misfits made me mad, there they were getting houses built for them and they wandering around like good time Joe's while everyone worked. They'd pare the horses feet in the middle of the road and shout obscenities at passing traffic. The place looked more like a rubbish dump than a housing estate.
    In fairness all of them don't treat their accommodation like that, my brother done some work in one traveller house and he said it was immaculate to the point of being better than his own house.
    How do they expect the general population to feel about them when the situation is of their own making? One example of how the dislike of them has been passed onto the next generation of settled folk is my nephew. In national school he would have had no contact with travellers and at home he wouldn't have heard anything that would have given him prejudicial views. When he went to secondary he ended up in a class with 5 or 6 traveller children and now he is in his leaving cert year he dislikes travellers with a vengeance, all because of the carry on of the travellers while in school. He was delighted as each one of them turned 16 as they left school then to doss about.
    If travellers want to change the mindset of people who are mistrusting of them they had better start doing something about it and make a more positive contribution to society.
    One question I have is how do these people have cars, vans and jeeps if they are unemployed and have no means of income? I was unemployed for a while during the recession and only for I had a car previous to that I certainly couldn't have afforded to buy one, I had to use money from my savings for insurance and tax as it was.
    To give credit where it is due there are some decent sorts in that community but it appears to be not just a case of there being always one bad apple in a barrel but rather a case of being one good apple in the barrel.
    As for the culture the travellers so often refer to I wonder how many of them these days can speak or use the Cant, how many have the skills of their ancestors in the art of metalworking?
    If they want respect and the support of the general population then if they're going to camp or live somewhere then keep the place tidy and engage with the locals in a positive way. When I was young they used to camp over the road every year when they used to bring their mares to be serviced by a stallion owned by a local settled man, there wasn't any hassle about the place. They'd call for a churn of water or a few spuds or vegetables. That was in a time when they had the horse drawn caravans that I only see now used by tourists in some parts of the country.
    The use of the racist card by the travellers is a bit rich when in this day and age we have many people from different cultures living in the country who in the main are accepted. I personally would have no problem with traveller neighbours if they behaved in a fair and reasonable way like my settled neighbours. I've often been in the company of travellers who seemed decent enough types and I had a bit of craic with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

44178281_2134625716570644_8890669091124150272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=9fc4e000271dd5a12a98a5c7c5df54c6&oe=5C5F40CC
    Jeez, comes across so well - I really can't understand why people are critical of her... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

God damn it I voted Yes out of pure devilment and a pinch of edginess. I didn't think it would come back to haunt me!!

State apology me hole, I agree with that Casey fella, we do need concentration camps!

There's a video on FB showing one of them mistreating a little pony at the Ballinasloe Fair, it's back is nearly broken with the big thick c*nt sitting on it and the rest of them just laughing.

Makes me sick seeing that kind of animal cruelty.

And yes they were pavees in the video before the Traveller defenders jump in.
    I saw an ad on TV yesterday where you could sponsor a child to stay in school, not be a child bride and not be beaten into compliance in some backwater. Thing is we could apply every one of those to traveller girls.
    How can anyone in their right mind condone this culture?
    And yet people will insist on not criticising this culture for fear of not looking PC. They are that cowardly and brainwashed and in thrall to appearing a certain way.

He is absolutely spot on and well done to him - I hope the onslaught doesn't ruin him though. It could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

44178281_2134625716570644_8890669091124150272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=9fc4e000271dd5a12a98a5c7c5df54c6&oe=5C5F40CC

A very cultured piece of writing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cuntured......

ill happily believe a productive business man who has created many jobs over a chancer and a sponger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

ill happily believe a productive business man who has created many jobs over a chancer and a sponger

He only wants travellers to settle down so he can lease houses to them

He is that weird sort of Derry tan, more English than the English themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Shes a gas woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

He might want to do a DNA test before he does much more

https://imgur.com/a/GbXwo66

https://bit.ly/2NODt6p

shmeee wrote: »
    Absolute boils my brain their carry on. I pass that empty site on a regular basis in Thurles and it's a disgrace. They contribute NOTHING to society and are a pain on peoples lives. They have headstones worth €50k each above in the cemetery in Thurles, 3 of them side by side, they can build what they want where they want and respect no-one else's graves beside them.

One day, they cut down the branches of some big old tress by these graves, because the birds were dropping from them onto these large headstones, all whilst drinking cans.

Staff and visitors engaged with them when carrying out this, and they carried on regardless with no respect or care in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

In this thread:

915 racist morons.

Boards, and especially AH, has gone completely to ****e.

What's the Irish word for gammon?

In this thread:

915 racist morons.

Racist oh my.......

In this thread:

915 racist morons.

This isn't Mr cash is it.

In this thread:

915 racist morons.

Think for yourself instead of buying into a fad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

In this thread:

915 racist morons.

I voted no, because they don't deserve an apology.

Is the State apologizing to all travelers or just some? Because I definitely don't think the travelers that have battered pensioners in their homes, have convictions the length of a short novel, horrendously abuse animals (and anyone else who stand in their way) and are generally an overwhelming burden on society deserve an apology, do you?

Wanting an "ethnic minority" to cop the f*ck on, stop being backwards criminals and instead contribute to society along with being overall positive and valuable influences on those around them isn't being racist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally someone has the balls to speak out against these scumbags, I wasn't going to vote in the election but this guy gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've yet to see one example of a traveler doing anything good for society. And no, fighting doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Is the State apologizing to all travelers or just some? Because I definitely don't think the travelers that have battered pensioners in their homes, have convictions the length of a short novel, horrendously abuse animals (and anyone else who stand in their way) and are generally an overwhelming burden on society deserve an apology, do you?

Wanting an "ethnic minority" to cop the f*ck on, stop being backwards criminals and instead contribute to society along with being overall positive and valuable influences on those around them isn't being racist.

Yeah but don't you understand....they are doing all of those things because we as a society have left them with no other choices....none you hear me...none

Or at least that seems to be the reasoning of some people :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Perhaps you didn't notice the rolling eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We’ll see her with her megaphone outside penny’s next, shouting about how penny’s are robbing her and how she deserves to dress for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

38 previous convictions. I read somewhere she was getting something like €50k in benefits - what's that the equivalent of? €70k, €80k salary? And you have idiots defending her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭rovertom

She might just be the woman to wake up the nation to the nonsense that is going on.
    I think traveller reps may eventually pull her aside cause she is in danger of bringing down the whole show and bring an end to the good times for them all.
    You can do it too good and I think it clear that she is doing just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Strange, theres no Penneys in Tallaght.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

How did she manage to get 37 road traffic convictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

38 previous convictions... wow

Ah sure it's their culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

reposting this for the lols

"talk about travellers like there dirt the cheek of him"
    "mr peter casey really should understand we just wanna live like every1 else."

Since when does stealing €300 quid worth of clothes out of Penney's fall under the "live like every1 else" criteria?

I doubt "every1 else" has a conviction list the length of an a4 page either so...

She's the traveler everyone feels sorry for?

He's got my number 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'll apologise to them (for the nothing I did to them) when they apologise to me for nicking my bike when I was 12.

The only good traveler is a time traveler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

They have attacked a very sick and dying relative of mine on his way back from a hospital appointment.

I have been attacked on numerous occasions by the traveller community.

I have witnessed a traveller "mother" encourage her children to target a person with down syndrome, she said "theres an owl ejit get something out of him".

Every single person I have asked has told me they have had a negative experience with travellers to one degree or another, this proves they are far more likely to be involved in a negative interaction than the wider public.

Only a few months ago two drunken travellers were eating some burger king in a laneway just off of o'connell street, they seen me looking at them and tried to call me over, I turned and walked away as fast as I could, according to some people on this I should have just given them a chance? Do you think anything positive would have came from me going over to them?

The statistics regarding this group speak for themselves. Nine out of ten people have had a negatives experience and they make up less than 1% of the overall population.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement