Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium rate number scams

Options
  • 25-09-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I've been inundated with premium rate number calls, several a day and now at night too. They come from Togo, Belize, Dominican Republic, etc

I have an elderly relative for whom I'm on call, so I can't turn off the phone and these things are driving me nuts.

Vodafone have proved spectacularly useless on advice, let alone action. All they said was change your number, which is not really an option. So what can I do?

iPhone 5s is the handset, can I just temporarily block all international inbound calls?

Cheers,

LD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I've been inundated with premium rate number calls, several a day and now at night too. They come from Togo, Belize, Dominican Republic, etc

I have an elderly relative for whom I'm on call, so I can't turn off the phone and these things are driving me nuts.

Vodafone have proved spectacularly useless on advice, let alone action. All they said was change your number, which is not really an option. So what can I do?

iPhone 5s is the handset, can I just temporarily block all international inbound calls?

Cheers,

LD

What phone have you got?
    Are they from the same number or a different number each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

iPhone 5s and mostly different numbers each time.

Advertisement